visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Image of the month August EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Image of the month August EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Image of the month August EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Image of the month August EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Image of the month August EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Image of the month August

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Image of the month August Empty
PostSubject: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Guys

I don't know if any of you have looked at the image of the month for August yet , i have just talked to Barri about it , and he says that there was nobody in the photo , well for nobody being in that picture whatever that is looks pretty solid and so does the shadow that its casting , so if thats what we think it is its the best bloody picture of an apparition that i have ever seen !!!!!!

regards

Ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:45 am

Unfortunately, I am obliged to say that, this picture is not paranormal, the body is too solid and there is a shadow cast. In my experience, energies do not cast shadows of themselves, for they are already a shadow, in a sense. Is he 110% sure he could not have been mistaken, if was rather dark and someone could have moved around and him not remembering, easy to do.

IMO debunked already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:24 am

Hi Blue,

I would have to disagree with you on this one....sorry but any form regardless of what its made of would cast a shadow..that's simple ..even e.g. a spirit or ghost..ect..if you have ever seem smoke rising from a fire it casts a shadow....yes the picture shows a solid image and I'm not to sure what that is as I've looked at it ....but there is something there...and yes it looks from the angel the picture was taken there is a casting shadow....I have many people say to me they have seen a shadowy figure...

Remember there is so much we do not still understand about the paranormal and as far debunking this picture I wouldn't be so quick.....I hope rob with post and explain to us what made him take the picture at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Blue,

Just because that's your opinion, doesn't mean its cast in stone and debunked, I was at the investigation. Can say it's 100% debunked once Barri and i have compared it with one more piece of Evidence being recorded at the same time, then we can say
IMO debunked! or IOM

Rob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 am

Here is the image in question folks!!!

Image of the month August Dover_11

Here is the same area taken with flash...

Image of the month August Bathro11

This is our attempt to recreate the image. We took this photograph from the exact same location using the ultra-violet torch. Here is the image as it should have looked.
Image of the month August Dscf4310

We asked the client to re-create the position of the anomaly in the same conditions to see if there were any similarities.

Image of the month August Richar10

Info: The only people present in the entire flat were the client, Rob Powell (Taking the Photograph) and Myself (Shining the Ultra-Violet torch. There was absolutely nobody in the tiny bathroom vicinity.

Last edited by Barri on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:52 am

Blue09 wrote:
Unfortunately, I am obliged to say that, this picture is not paranormal, the body is too solid and there is a shadow cast. In my experience, energies do not cast shadows of themselves, for they are already a shadow, in a sense. Is he 110% sure he could not have been mistaken, if was rather dark and someone could have moved around and him not remembering, easy to do.

IMO debunked already

Blue or Beth...Is a member of the Thames Valley Paranormal Group and as such Admin feels that her presence on this board is not conducive to our community. Her statement regarding this image is proof of that. The member has now been banned from this forum. Any concerns about this should be directed to G.P.S Admin Team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Amazing image - well done guys- just proving once more that

no..1 no..1 no..1 no..1 no..1

Tx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey everyone,

The 'ghost' in question... lives in my flat, I am stunned and amazed by this picture, and I agree, it looks far to solid to be real, even so, that room was empty, and if anyone fancies popping down for a shower at night, they are very welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 pm

hey
welcome avinitinatt. thank you for leting barri and rob come down this is a very interesting picture it just doesnt look like anything normal ie towel door or anything to me it looks like a largish man bending over like the picture you tryed replicating but yet u couldnt get the same result so im lost on anything it could be. and if it was that large it would of been seen by your guys unless it was on the lense. gr8 evidence.

Take care
Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi guys,

Can say 100% there was no one in that bathroom! I took the photo, Baz shone the uv into the room and liz was out of the way!

Can't debunk it so what does that mean?

Rob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:55 pm

If we can't find any explanation for it then it means it is

PARANORMAL affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:02 am

I think Sherlock Holmes said it best..............

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Probably a good moto for any paranormal investigator!

Cracking photo by the way. Like others it's one of the best I've ever seen!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:49 am

Have you noticed that the recreated photo, using a real person, does not cast the same shadow, even though the lighting is the same?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm

did barri shine the uv light from the same side as the first pic? or after did he go to the otherside?
Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Yes I did mate...as near to the original pic as possible. I have sent the image the Royal College of Photography and will await their response.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:18 pm

cool its so strange. yeah be good to see what they say.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: worked on this one   Image of the month August EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:03 pm

strange pic worked on this one.....

turning black and white give more detail...

this ghost seems to have a watch on I think...whadya think
Image of the month August Richarbathroomghost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Clive, could you please post what you've done so we can see what you mean? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 pm

clive wrote:
strange pic worked on this one.....

turning black and white give more detail...

this ghost seems to have a watch on I think...whadya think
Image of the month August Richarbathroomghost

Thats not a ghost! Thats a living person!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:43 pm

thats the picture that was taken to try and recreate the original photograph, that is a person
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Interesting image..

Am just having a closer look at it now..

My main area of focus is the 'shoulder' area.
There's a few reasons for this.

1. The 'object' seems to have been only caught due to it being in the direct glare of the illumination. I cannot find any trace of the object outside of the illuminated area. It could be that the strongest portion of the light is what has aided the capture of this image.
2. I cannot see any changes to the pixels in the image around that 'shoulder' area. This portion is a rather defined curve on its outer edge. I feel this is a combination of the composition of object and the trace edge of the illumination. I am unable to see any image manipulation after the effect.
3. This might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I am relatively sure I can see the tile joints inside the shower cubilce through the 'shoulder' although the joints do appear a bit disjointed from the jointing around the basin area. In normal light we can see the tile joints all run evenly.
This disjointing could be an effect created by composition and/or movement of object captured.

Have looked at this in the negative. Have adjusted exposure from original. Have adjusted levels, brightness and contrast and am unable to find any further artifacts of object outside of the field of illumination.

1. Brightness and contrast adjusted
Image of the month August Dover1
2. Sepia
Image of the month August Dover2
3. Colour and contrast auto adjustments fully maxed out to highlight any pixelated edges due to any possible manipulation.. as you can see, hard to detect any 'touched' areas.
Image of the month August Dover3

One thing to make note of.. It is difficulkt to see any other parts of the room in question..this could be due to the fact that there is a certain amount of the light being reflected back from the edge/corner of the mirror. This reflection was not in the reproduced image, also in the reproduction, the camera is in the wrong position and angle.

In original, the photographer was more over to the right and was slightly angled towards the left corner of the room..that is how we get to see the cast shadow and why we do not see a shadow in reproduction.
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Crikey, that last image is enough to trigger a severe migraine!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 am

Hi all
I done was turn the original photo to black and white and adjust contrast and brightness. Then sharpened the focus

In my experience ghost can appear solid (spirit form)

Like the man at the gate I saw once as I’m sure Bongo will confirm they can.

Regards Clive
Image of the month August Showerghost
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello Clive,

I am affraid, that you got the wrong picture here.... Wink

THIS is the recreation picture and shows a real person (Rob Powell, is it?)

The actual ghost picture is the one with the guy in the white "shirt".

Sorry that you worked on the wrong picture. Neutral

Greetings,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: LOLOLOLOL   Image of the month August EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm

I did think it was very clear DOH!

clive

always look back affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Image of the month August   Image of the month August Empty

Back to top Go down

Image of the month August
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next