visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Team,

We had a great night as usual at the fantastic Hell-Fire Caves on Friday night.

The public enjoyed themselves and we did get several reports of paranormal activity by certain people and team members.

I would like to thank Steve Sweet, Matt Watkins, Phil Measey for their excellent team leadership on the night and Bongo for her brilliant assistance and spiritual guidance, and the rest of the team for their professional and excellent support.

Today I received some photographic evidence from two of the guests that attended on Friday night.

The first image was not taken at the event, but is a scan of an original print that was taken last year by one of the guests' relatives. It is claimed that the figure that appears next to the woman in the photo could be that of Sir Francis Dashwood standing there. What do you all think?? Double exposure or possible paranormal phenomena?

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Img00110

The second was taken around 5 years ago in the cemetery above ground. (Possibly dust, moisture, or bugs...)

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Img00210

The following two photographs were taken by Alex Webster on Friday night.

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Hellfi10

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Hellfi11

Thank you to the guests that were kind enough to send these to us.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi Barri,

Nice pics!

The first pic looks like double exposure to me... the "wig" of Lord Dashwood is more likely the structure of the cave wall in the background and the face looks like the face of the person. The fringe is parting the same way as well. Good picture, but IMO quite definitely double exposure.

The Orbs look mostly like moisture orbs to me ... but hey... you all know what I think about orbs on photos.

The first mist is interesting, because it looks as if it's actually casting a shadow on the floor..... that pic to me is something that we might have to look deeper into.

The second one is quite dense, too.

The question is: under which circumstances were these mist pictures taken.... same procedure like with our mist picture from the Juli invo, same questions.

I only had a brief look at the pics, yet and these are my first thoughts and impressions about them.

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 pm

I would agree with those explanations also Hella.

The first does seem to be a genuine case of double exposure, and the second is clearly bugs, moisture, pollen and dust etc.

The mist photos are quite a different kettle of fish though. They are similar to the others and in my opinion better images than the one captured in the July investigation. However, I am still not convinced and believe that they might well be natural mist formations in the caves due to climatic and environmental factors.

Who knows....Science will tell all one day.

Thanks for the quick response Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 am

Hi All

I would also agree with Arwen on that one the first is definatly a double exposure , which can quite easily happen with a standard camera , the Orb picture well i think that you know my answer to that one .

The other pictures of the mists are interesting these are not the first pictures that we have recieved containing mists and probably won't be the last , they remain unexplainable for the time being .

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi All

It was a great night and i would most definately agree with the comments of double exposure.The possibilty that on cameras once you take a photo and think that is it done and move then the camera can cause that kind effect.

Mostly common on some SAMSUNG cameras

The mist photos is always going to be the topic of debate at the caves.

Cannot wait for the next event.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi All
yeah would agree pretty much on what has been said on the above pics...also had a great night...sorry had to leave early did get to say bye to bongo sorry!..Barri i have a pic i took in Sukie tunnel i need to send you tell me what you think this was taken on our first vigil...i only came across it yesterday...will send it asp!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:48 pm

hey
yeah i agree and as the camera may flash twice as the first flash will get redeye to go so ur eyes ajust to it etc the first flash may have gone off and the shutter started to open ready for the second flash and as its dark the camera will leave the shutter open for a bit longer to so when the flash goes off everything will be bright but stays open a little longer so the dark can fill in the darker bits which makes the pictures look more normal than super bright. and if u move it will cause it to blur and as the rest of the pic is not in focus that to me is what it looks like. so rememerb when takein a pic keep the cam as still as possible even after it has flashed twice.

The Gentleman who took this was in my group and we were in the paul whitehead area and he was facing down the tunnel. just wondering i would like to try something all the other mist pics were they taken looking down the tunnel with a group behind? as i was thinking if there was a group further up the tunnel behind him weather we managed to heat the room up with our bodies and if a slight draft went through the tunnel going down it and when the slightly heated air that we create when it hits the cooler air down the tunnel is condences and creates the mist. does that make sence if not say matt shut up haha.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 pm

o and another reason the cam is out of focus on the first 2 pics if u look uber carefully at the pics the lens is slightly scratched and the camera has focused on the scratches not the picture so as it flashed it focused on the scratches.

the positions of the group hella was outside paul whiteheads cave 2 public were slightly nearer the enterance 2 were looking down the right hand tunnel the gentleman who took the pic was looking down the left hand tunnel. and the rest were directly outside the paul whitehead cave aswell as myself and debz.

but im not sure how the other teams were when the other pics were taken.

Matt

Last edited by Mattwatkins on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed more to put in)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi Team this is the pic i took in Sukie tunnel....tell me what you think?

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Img_2710
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 pm

@ Matt

Yes, it makes sense. Two groups in the same area COULD heat up the area enough, depending on the distance between them and the time they stay/ed in the area. The combination with draft/movement of air caused by the movement of the groups can create pictures like this. For example: a team I know had an interesting picture of a mist, just about the same circumstances of environment like we have it in the caves, cold damp corridors. A group of the team was in one of the corridors of the castle, stayed there for a while to do an EVP session and then moved further on. One of the members was the last to leave, turned around and took a last picture. He captured a dense mist. Their plausible explaination for it was, that the body heat of the group warmed up the air and created condensation in the air, enough to create a dense mist on a photo. The movement in the air could be compared with the jet stream of a plane (of course not as fast) and caused the air to "swirl", also in combination with cold and warm air being mixed suddenly.

But it would be far too easy to explain all pictures with this explaination. For every picture we have to know the exact circumstances, positions of people, temperature etc., because it is always different.

@Phil

great picture!

I always try to be careful, because it is never easy to differ pareidolia from actual proper formations in mists... BUT.... I can make out a face very clearly right in the center of the mist. Pareidolia/Matrixing???? Could be.

But it's definitely another great picture from the Hellfire Caves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 am

I was with phil at the time this picture was taken, and i said to him at the time that i could see a face in the middle of the mist, but i put it down to matrixing. Who knows though there may be something there??

Sheena x x
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

Just looking through these mist pics reminded me of something I noticed while shooting part of a documentary last week. I was indoors at night time, shooting with an Sony EX1r, HD broadcast standard camera, with an insanely high quality lens. Because of the low light conditions I had set the Gain to +18db, which I would never even contemplate doing usually, but in the specific circumstances a grainy image was acceptable, the important thing was recording what was happening.

Anyhow I noticed in the viewfinder, static and constant (non changing) mists surrounding the two light bulbs hanging from the ceiling:

[img]Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 007_1311[/img]

[img]Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 007_1312[/img]

Notice how the patterns are exactly the same...

I'm afraid I can't post the full res screen grabs for a variety of good reasons, but I will try and upload a cropped video clip also.

I haven't been able to recreate these effects at home (yet- I haven't exactly tried other than switching the gain up and pointing at a bulb).

Don't they seem very similar to many of the mists we see created by camera flash??
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi robb,

Yes they do.

Very interesting scratch

But the question to me is, how high is the chance, that a normal digicam has the same resolution....

To me it almost looks like the magnetic fiel one knows from school... you know the lessons, when you learned about magnets? The drawings about magnetic fields around a magnet that we had to do?

So what does create this particular pattern of mist? the heat around the bulb combined with the moisture in the air and the EMF field? or is it just an effect due to the resolution of the camera?

The bulbs used in that pic don't look like energy saving bulbs... would the same effect be created with energy savers? Or does it depend on the amount of Watt/brightness of the bulb?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi all
this was just one of the many random pictures i took during the nights investigation
I've taken a close look at all my other pictures and none have anything odd in them just this one...i cant make out the face Hella & Sheena...your going to have to point this out to me..lol
Another odd mist...at hellfire...?
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi Phil,

Here's the area with the face:

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Bmd42xfhv0ug1lb93

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Bmd43u104vcoh64hj

When I cropped the image, I've noticed that the face actually had a slightly different colour than the rest of the mist. It is slightly more yellow. Or is it just my eyes playing tricks? Or is it due to the colour of the bacxkground?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:18 am

We should all stop looking for faces or anything else in these mist photographs. That is simpply a case of matrixing and we should avoid that at all costs. Wink Again I see no faces in there but I am still interested in why and how they are formed and captured down there given the environmental conditions.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Team

I have to agree with Barri on this one , i think that there is nothing unusual about this picture , to me it looks like breath, its very close to the camera , i dont see anything that resembles a face in it at all , these are all typical signs of paradolia , as barri said it would be interesting to find out what causes these mists in the tunnels .
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Sorry guys Embarassed I am afraid I got carried away.

Of course you are right. And in the case of this picture even more, as there wasn't anything going on while this picture was taken (as far as I know)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010   Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hell-Fire Caves Public Event 27th August 2010
Page 1 of 1