visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Ouija Boards EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Ouija Boards EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Ouija Boards EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Ouija Boards EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Ouija Boards EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Ouija Boards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:40 pm

I was reading a Derren Brown book the other day and he talks about ouija boards. He says that they do not work because your conscious wants them to work and that your body is sub conscienclously moving the glass, if that makes sense. So instead of spirits actually communicating its the people using the board that are moving the glass. I have not actually done one myself and i dont know if i will. Do they actually work?? There are stories that if you do a board it opens up other gateways which could actually lead to future hauntings if they are not used correctly. Does GPS use any boards?? Im not sure if this can be classed as hard evidence when it comes to a hunt.

What do you think??
Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Mate

NO we dont use a ouija board at all its to dangerous and i highly advise agesnt iti used one ages ago at a friends house and it was my dads ouija bored and when i got home the bathroom was covered in blood ok my dad had cancer in his jaw and cuz of this if he accidently eat something hard it can rip his throat and this is what happend the night i used one could be or it couldnt have anything thing to do with it but i dont want to find out. theres only one lady i met who is a fantastic medium who is going to america to recored a tv show like most haunted shes the only person id do one with as she knows what she is doing. but like u said people can allways move the glass so its not hard evidence.

Matt
Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:57 pm

i duno if this works but hay have a look at this and see what u think

Matt
Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Mate that is so cool!! Wish i could of been there to see it!!

That is some hard evidence.
Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 pm

i wasent there unfortunatly as i found it on youtube but i keep playin it over to see if there are strings and if they are normal reactions. but its very interesting

Matt
Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Hello there...   Ouija Boards EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:50 pm

It can be frustrating sometimes, when spirits dont want to come forward... and yes, the board would seem like a (short cut) to there attention, but personaly, I would feel reluctant to use one.

Do fell tempted when the subject arrises though lol
Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 pm

a few of us stayed at a mates house one night and she found her moms bord so we had a go none of us new wat we were doing and it turned out to be uneventfull untill i went home the following morning and my mother was waiting for me and she was livid.(i had asked her about them before i whent over my mates house and she just forbid me from bringing it up again) well when i got home she had a go at me wanting to know wat i was playing at and she pulled out the bord aparently she found it in the coat cupbord under the stairs. to this day i dont know how it got there but i havnt gone near one since.
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi there,

I wouldn't dare to use a ouija board. I've heard so many reports about things going wrong during and also after the use of one. Sometime strange things start going on months or years after a person used a board.
I am a believer in spirits, but that doesn't make me less skeptic.
Spirits are known to attach themselves to people, especially malevolent spirits. They can cause mental and physical damage when the person is in a vulnerable mental state, such as strong emotional stress.

Reports tell us again and again, that it is enough to be in the same room, when a ouija board is used. One doesn't have to take part in the actual seance.

So for me, even if I am still curious, I am not tempted at all to ever use one.

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:06 pm

There's a string attached to the botttom of the candle, you can see it going under the board. Plus the board moves as one of the girls drags it across. If a candle was slid across a table like that, it wouldn't move the board as much, I'd expect it to topple over. The only way to move it would be by dragging it, on a string which is attached low down on the candle:

Ouija Boards Fakeouija
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 pm

Yes, and that on top of it.

The results Ouija Boards are easy to fake, just like glass divination and table tipping. Even if you could swear, that nobody of the present people faked anything, no one can be 100% sure, I'd say. And if you want to publish anything like that, no one would take it as proper proof for the paranormal.

One of the reasons, why we don't use Ouija Boards etc as a way of proofing the existence of spirits.
Back to top Go down
Nightcrawler
Apparition
Apparition
Nightcrawler

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Ouija boards have the drug danger sign on them.
you either are not bothered about using them and just go for it or you are scared about it but do it anyway or the obvious,you just dont use them.

I have used the Ouija board a few times but its been a while now.
I never experienced much happening on the board but i and a friend did experience a build up of avents outside the Patio area.
I was ok about it but my mate did end up crashing over my mums with us as he was scared out his witts.(we were 17)

Basically the leaves started moving round like a tornado structure and it felt cold inside the room.
It was not a windy night.But this was a long time ago as im now 37!

I think your mind has a lot to do with things But not just because of fear as we dont all get it.Fear plays an important part though as something enjoys it but i couldnt tell you what,but i have heard spirits mention they are bored now due to people not fearing them.
I say spirits but i certainly cant be sure thats what they were.

The Ouija board is only dangerous if you let your mind make it dangerous.Some people are more sensitive than others.
A person is more vunerable when they are alone.Its easy to target a person when they are not with others.Its easy to bully someone this way.

One more thing...My sister bought me that same board on that video for my birthday! lol
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

In my opinion only people with experience and trained and strong psychic abilities should supervise a Ouija-Board session, so they are able to recognize anything that tries to sneak in through the "back door".

What I find interesting is, that from all the experiences mediums that I know, none of them likes to use Quija Boards, some of them don't even go near them. So why is that??? I would say, they must have a good reason for it.

My motto is: Don't expose yourself to risks that you can't control.

Ok, one could argue, that we are already taking uncontrollable risks by conducting investigations and trying to communicate.
The difference is IMO, that we don't summon spirits that haven't got anything to do with the location, we aren't open portals.

But who's to say, that we don't? What IS the difference between a simple cardboard with a planchette, a glass or someone who's standing in a room, addressing anyone/anything that might be there?
Does it really take objects to open portals or is the energy, emitted by the people present, enough? scratch

One thing is certain for me: People who are mentally unstable, suffering of psychological stress, who are generally afraid of anything paranormal or who don't take things serious enough simply shouldn't be present during Ouija-Board seances.

TTFN,
Hella
Back to top Go down
Nightcrawler
Apparition
Apparition
Nightcrawler

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 am

The thing is though Arwen,they had to start somewhere if you know what i mean?
It doesnt matter how dangerous something is its dangerous because of somebody elses misadventure Wink .Its how we learn and the only way we learn.
If we landed on a new planet im pretty sure we would find out what animals are dangerous by the same thing Smile ..providing there was a lot of us and not just 4 scientists Wink .

I last used an Ouija board 10 years ago but i have filmed other people using them even though i didnt get involved in the action.I was just the chap whos cam corder stopped working lol!

I also find that people who suffer with depression,stress,anxiety etc seem to be more sensitive regarding contacting spirits.
Its only what iv read Smile ...I certainly wouldnt want someone trying this if they were at breakdown point!But i do know what you mean.

The thing with me arwen i get curious and im not a cat so that doesnt bother me Wink .
I didnt believe much about the paranormal until a few years ago as i had my 1st vision whilst sat in a spiritual circle.Not just a vision but a message to a person i didnt know.
I went to the spiritual church as my sister is a reiki healer/spiritualist.I heard her say a lot of things and it used to go in one ear and out the other! I thought most of it was rubbish.i cant denie it.

So through my own stupidity i done a few things and a few things happened and they happened at the wrong time.
I would say one night was 101% real and the the 2nd night hallucinations kicked in a little and the 3rd night probably a lot.
3 nights of no sleep is not good for man or beast.But i certainly know what its like to have the feeling of something staticy touch you whilst you are trying to get to sleep.
Very much like putting your head next to a tv and your hair stand on end.

My experience almost made me pack up but iv come back ok and i am a bit more sensible.You have to have experiences to believe and iv had it happen.
My sister even spoke to a woman who had been studying the paranormal for over 20 years.She explained my problem and she had actually experienced the same.
I ended up having to listen to soft music toblank out a few things whilst i tried to sleep.
We sometimes think we know everything but most of the time thinking like this is very wrong.
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 am

Interesting!
I started off quite similar to you, being a total skeptic. I did believe that there was something there, but not in the general belief of ghosties and hauntings etc. I put it more down to some form of hallucinations.
And then I started to investigate actively, my first location being not an ancient old castle, but a public park in Munich/Germany. First night, first experience, nothing like seeing things or being pushed or anything, but a bottle top being thrown at me. That was it then, I was hooked and wanted to know more. Over a period of several investigations in that park we captured some amazing EVPs , also a video of a cloud of mist floating against the direction of the wind, several personal experiences and even full bodied apparitions.

In the last 6 years I've experienced just about the whole lot of paranormal activity, from being touched or physically effected to disembodied voices and seeing figures.

All this without the use of a Ouija Board.

In my experience things happen most, when you least expect them, when you don't have the strong wish for anything to happen. IMO most of them just hate to have the feeling they have to entertain, you can't force them.

On the other hand most of them really want to communicate, some of them are eager to get in contact.

Ouija Boards to me are, just like glass divination the simplest form for us to make contact, no psychic abilities or fancy gadgets needed, no time delay through having to analyze recordings. But the impact that those sessions can have on some peoples psyche is not to ignore.

I think I wrote it before in this thread, that a lot of private case that we are dealing with seem to be the aftermath of a Ouija-Board session gone wrong, even it was years after. The connection to our client was made and something was able to come back whenever it wanted to.... and scared some of our clients out of their wits.

As far as I could see the right attitude attracts the right spirits. Someone who tends to ridicule the whole subject, has no respect and makes stupid jokes, provokes without expecting consequences and gobs off will quite often experience something negative (even if the spirit itself isn't necessarily malevolent), because he pissed someone off with his behaviour.
Someone who is scared, confused and/or insecure and mentally unstable tends to attract the "teasers" or malevolent spirits, because they sense gaps in the defense.
Those people tend to experience more activity in anyway, but I think this isn't necessarily because they are more perceptive, but because they tend to misinterpret the slightest unusual occurrence, such as creaking of floorboards, a series of unfortunate events and the like.

Psychology is one of the biggest factors when dealing with the paranormal.

What's left after ruling out all possible psychological, medical and natural explanations, is only a few real paranormal happenings where absolutely no doubt is left (if you are really critical)

Ouija Boards can be dangerous, if not for opening portals and letting through the baddies, then for possible psychological side effects. Even someone who doesn't believe in ghosts will agree to it, I would say.

being perceptive or even a real psychic is another story.
Back to top Go down
Nightcrawler
Apparition
Apparition
Nightcrawler

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi there Arwen,Sorry for late reply.
Very interesting stuff you have experienced yourself indeed too, Very Happy

I notice you say (without the use of an ouija board)..
Im presuming you use Dvr's to record EVPS? silly question really as id say its pretty obvious that you do.

I personally believe that recording EVPS is no different to playing about with an Ouija board and heres why.

You will be repeating what you believe you heard upon getting your EVP.you may not always guess correctly but some of your EVPS will be heard and spoken out correctly.
Now depending on what at that time realises that youve heard it,well,thats where i believe problems can happen.
You are correct about Ouija boards as in anybody can use them and your no medium just because you get results.But what happenes when you make contact through EVP recordings with something that realises you can hear it properly?
I have recorded a lot of EVPS and i have heard Disembodied voices and also,only voices recorded upon the dvr.

Whats the longest you have ever kept in touch with a spirit for?Just curious? A night? A week? A year? etc....
Try over 14 months and see how many EVP recordings you start getting back.You dont have to be horrible and having a laugh to get someone nasty come to you..you can be very nice indeed.

when i started doing a lot of EVP work i started experiencing a few visions.
one morning i heard people speaking around me and heard people moving about.I heard what sounded like scrapping metal and also i seen a windy path fill up with water.
I heard 3 names mentioned and all 2 dates...13th or the 15th jan 2012.
The concordia sank on the 13th jan2012 and the botton of the ship struck land.I got the captains name correct but i only heard frank.
Upon doing a lot of evps i started having some very odd occurences within my home.

One night ,i was speaking to my partner and we heard a loud bang from upstairs.I thought our son had fallen out of bed so i ran up stairs to check him.
But he was fast asleep in bed.Nothing had fallen in his room so i decided to look into our own bedroom.
upon walking into the bedroom i felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up it felt staticy...I then heard someone call my name within that room.My heart sank as i wasnt upstairs looking for ghosts i just wondered what the noise was.I didnt tell my partner what had happened.But these were just early signs of something a lot bigger that was to occur.

EVPS ,can just be as bad as the board.Its ok saying about the way the mind works but its not ok when you get to a point where no one believes you.
you have voices caught on recorder,witnesses to odd avents and spooked out pets.
Just because you have the above it doesnt mean you can get help...A doctor will give you help but you will get tablets and that much i do know.
The evps you have and the avents at your home are not real...everything is in your mind.The only people who believed me were my sister and 2 priests.

Sometimes even evidence means nothing mate.An investigator just tells you what you had a pretty good idea of.He just tells you if your correct.
But the doctor would give the investigator the same advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ouija Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ouija Boards   Ouija Boards Empty

Back to top Go down

Ouija Boards
Page 1 of 1