visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
The Long Crendon Club EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
The Long Crendon Club EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
The Long Crendon Club EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
The Long Crendon Club EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
The Long Crendon Club EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

The Long Crendon Club

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Long Crendon Club Empty
PostSubject: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:08 pm

On the 28th March we will be investigating a case of paranormal activity at the Long Crendon Club in Buckinghamshire.

I am publishing a preliminary case report on the G.P.S website soon.

Here is a brief about the place and its history.

The Long Crendon Club was once a public elementary school erected in 1876. The building is over a 120 years old, and has stood in the village community for over a generation.

The Long Crendon Club Long_c12

There have been several reports of paranormal activity experienced at the Club, by its staff and visitors for well over 5 years. G.P.S Investigator Phil Measey's sister Kathie is the Clubs Secretary and Manager and spoke to G.P.S about her experiences and why she feels that ghosts now inhabit the former elementary school in Long Crendon.

Kathie Painter reports that the activity must have started about 6 years ago following the death of her close friend and father figure Ken Higgins. She explained that they had both worked together at the club for many years and Ken was always a joker, and enjoyed scaring her or making her jump. Ken would hide in the cellar and wait for her to come in turn the lights before jumping out on her!

The Long Crendon Club Crendo10

6 months after his death Kathie explained that she was alone one morning doing the bottling up before the start of the day and walked into the bar area from the cellar, when she saw the wall calender on the other side of the room suddenly lift up and witnessed the pages flicking into the air as if they were being thumbed by a hand. She said there were no drafts or logical explanations for this.

On a separate occasion, Kathie explained how she came into the building to clean the bar, and on one of bar counters saw several match sticks, carefully positioned in the shape of the letter K. Kathie believes that this may have been a sign letting her know that Ken was still around.

Kathie and her mother had come in to the club early one morning to set up for a busy day ahead, and as they walked in through the main doors they both knew that there would be a cleaner in the building, cleaning up from the night before.

Both woman saw the figure of a large lady moving around in the bingo hall, and assumed it was the cleaner, so thinking nothing of it they went into the main bar to start the day. After some time had passed they received word from another member that the cleaner was running late that day and therefore had not been in yet.

Both women went into the bingo hall to check who was there only to find nobody else in the building and the room uncleaned.

Mrs Measey explained to Kathie that the figure they had seen through the glass doors of the bingo hall looked very much like an old school teacher that had taught her when she attended the school back years before.

A frequent guest, has also reported that her young daughter has reported seeing a small boy in shorts standing at the corner of the pool table on several occasions.

Many people have also reported to staff that their children refused to go into the John Butler function room because they find it very scary and don't like the way it makes them feel. Pipe tobacco has also been smelt regularly by many people in the building and it has been reported that the late John Butler did smoke a pipe in his living years.

The security alarms also go off at random times for no apparent reason, and there have been reported temperature fluctuations around the bar area.

I would like to know who wants to attend this one? Please reply to this post if you want to be considered for this investigation.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Barri

This case sounds very interesting. I would like to be considered for this investigation.

Thanks

T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Barri

Id deffernatly like to be on this one pwease

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi Barri
im in on this one mate.
I would also like to add i did some k11 reading at the club a while back and got some really good results!
the cella looks like a good place i got my sister to ask if one of the members that had passed was in there with us the k11 spiked to amber a few times, now i did all my ground checks before hand and found no emf feilds in the cella at all.
I also go some good results on the corner of the pooltable where the little boy as reported to have been seen the k11 spiked to red! when asked if the little boy as with us....i also asked if a very close friend of mine was with us aslo he passed about 6 years ago the k11 spiked again too red! more than once.
I have also done some k11 reading in the john butler bar and got to readings in there also i have taken some good pic and have vids of the k11 meter spiking and have sent theses to barri i hope he will be able to place them on the report soon.
Now i also went to this school, and would like to see if some of my old school teacher are still there.
Since my vist i have now started to feel this place is very active i have been back a few times since this is a clean place there are know bad feeling there this much happness and the feeling of meny good times had by so meny good people.
Remember this was once a school the bar area and pool area were once the school hall were xmas plays and ect were held the bingo hall was the dinning hall and the john butler bar was the headmaters office....spent some time in there i do remember....lol....funny how stuff comes back to you...
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi guys,

I tried really hard to do some research about this building, but i couldn´t find much, nothing really worth adding here..

So maybe it would be good to ask locals about some more interesting history details... some names maybe and dates?
Matt and i have been talking about this and it sounds like a job for Phil Wink , who is living the closest to the Club and who is connected to it through his sister....

So please Phil... could you go there again and spread all the charm you´ve got to tickle some more info out of the locals Very Happy I´m sure you´ll get some more interesting bits out of them Wink (but only if you find some time off work for it ! )

Thx,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:35 am

Hi Hella
i have managed to dig up some things about the school i popped to see my mum sunday and she had a lookat her books on long crendon history what ill do is email you what in got not much i must say i do find it very strange that there is very little it the way of info as i went to this school also
I am also email Barri the info as well for saturdays investgation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:21 pm

hi phil - would be interesting to read that - been having trouble researching the club myself - frustrating lol

regards Tx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Okay team,

This is the final list for those coming to Long Crendon on Saturday.

Myself - Lead Investigator
Phil Measey - Investigator
Rob Powell - Investigator
Matt Watkins - Trainee
Toni Seale - Trainee
Nikki Evans - Trainee

I think 5 is a good number for this location, and it will make managing the team easier for me lol...

Please can those people who's names are on this list reply to Phil's event list thread at the bottom of the forum.

We are meeting at the location on Saturday 28th March at 7pm.

Please bring warm clothing, and a sleeping bag as well as your kit!

I am creating an EVP list for us all to use.

(We also need to make sure that all cameras and leads for the DVR are working and have been tested Matt!)

I will explain the set up once we arrive and Phil will explain the history in more detail.

Thanks to Matt, Phil, and Hella for their great efforts with research on this one. I know it has been a difficult case to find out the history. Great job team and lets look forward to great investigation.

Last edited by Barri on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:34 pm

HI guys

Just wondered if anyone had a postcode for the Long Crendon Club?

Tx
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Toni,

I´ve sent it to you by PM

Greetings,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: The Long Crendon Club   The Long Crendon Club EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Well the Long Crendon case is done!.....

I would like to say a huge thanks to my team for their fantastic work yet again. Despite the problems we encountered with clients and disruption, the team still managed to conduct themselves in a professional and responsible manner.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

The Team at Long Crendon:

Barri Ghai - Lead Investigator
Phil Measey - Investigator
Rob Powell - Investigator
Matt Watkins - Trainee Investigator
Toni Seale - Trainee Investigator
Nikki Evans - Trainee Investigator

I have been through all my evidence and am happy to say that we have caught a class B/A EVP!!!

It has now been uploaded into you tube and I have added it here for all to see...and hear!