visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
how long do ghosts exist for? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
how long do ghosts exist for? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

how long do ghosts exist for?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

how long do ghosts exist for? Empty
PostSubject: how long do ghosts exist for?   how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 am

I've been wandering. How long do ghosts last for? are they here for eternity or do they lose energy and simply disappear and transform into something else?

I have this idea, which got me thinking during my days at university. One of the discussions we had was during a lesson in acoustics, which involved the question of sound and energy and what happens to sound when it stops making noise. Apparently energy is eternal and turns from one energy to another. An example of this is that once sound has stopped being heard or is absorbed (in an acoustical sense) it actually transforms into heat (experiments have proved this). So my idea is one of once we lose the physical energy it transforms into a spiritual energy.

What are other peoples thoughts on this, as I think its a fascinating topic and really interested to hear what other peoples views are on this. May be spiritual energy changes from one thing to another, which is why ghostly experiences manage to manifest themselves in different ways.

neut Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how long do ghosts exist for?   how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi

As einestine (cant spell) proved that everything has energy and energy cant be distroyed. so our own energy lives on i beleave that the spirit will live on for ever are can not be distroyed. but mediums have contacted spirits from 1000's of years ago. but like people on the planet some days we might just want to be on our own and not talk to anyone same as spirits and they might be fed up with visiting the earthly relm. i think some energy gets reused but the spirit of that person lasts for ever.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: how long do ghosts exist for?   how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 pm

If it is a residual haunting then there will be a life-span, probably maximum of 1000 years with some exceptions. It depends largely on the environments ability to sustain or store the energy- over time residual hauntings usually fade and eventually dissapear.

As for Spirits themselves, like Matt has said, it's unlikely that they ever cease to exist, at least not as a form of energy. As for hauntings, I think it's entirely up to the spirit who resides- usually there is a purpose behind a haunting, when that purpose has been seen through then usually they simply leave and 'move on'.

Hope that helps!

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: how long do ghosts exist for?   how long do ghosts exist for? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:29 pm

And to comment on the energy discussion:

There are scientific experiments which defy the laws of physics. In one experiment photon particles are fired through at a wall with two tiny slits in it, on the other side there is a photo-sensitive screen which records exactly where the light particles hit. What scientists found was that the photons were not just hitting the area directly behind the slits (light travels in straight lines) but were actually hitting the area between the two slits. Impossible, but this is exactly what happens every time. Basically the solid particles seem to turn into waves before they hit the screen and back into a solid particle before they hit the screen, effectively making the particles exist in two places at once as they pass through and then join in the middle on the other side.

It is a well known scientific fact that particles on a quantum level, like electrons, photons and atoms, can be in many places at once and ignore classic physical laws.

In another experiment a virus was sent though a solid quartz screen, infecting the organic material on the other side- this is again impossible according to classical physics- a virus should not be able to move through a solid barrier any easier than you or I. Again, solid turns to wave and then back to solid.

The first experiment I mentioned was actually first used to support the theory of parallel dimensions- an area taken very seriously now in the quantum community.

When you consider things on a quantum level, ghosts, multiple dimensions and other physical law breaking ideas and theories don't seem as unscientific as most people might imagine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long do ghosts exist for?   how long do ghosts exist for? Empty

Back to top Go down

how long do ghosts exist for?
Page 1 of 1