visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Cameras for use in the dark EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Cameras for use in the dark EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Cameras for use in the dark EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Cameras for use in the dark EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Cameras for use in the dark EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Cameras for use in the dark

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cameras for use in the dark Empty
PostSubject: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi All

I just brought 2 deep Infrared Converted which Is a simple digital camera adapted specifically for ghost hunting.

This is similar, and supplied by the same place: http://cgi.ebay.com/12MP-DEEP-INFRARED- ... dZViewItem

They are usually sold through Ghost St Augustine but I managed to get two cheap from Gotcha Ghost a company that seem to be very good and helpful.

Has anyone used this kind of camera? and what kind of results did you get.

Steve-debz
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Steve

Looks like a nice piece of kit , an infrared camera is always good to have on board , would you be so kind and post some of the results that you get with it so we can see as well .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Steve (hi Ian),

I've just read your posts and I'd just like to ask why (without seeming rude or a bit confrontational) you do your ghost hunting in the dark?.

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Phil

Why we Ghost hunt in the dark.I am sure that Ian will have his own input on this.

Switching off the power is important to not confuse instruments such as EMF meters with anomalous readings. It also means less chance of air-conditioning/heaters causing drafts and hot spots, electronics going off, and other electrical devices confusing the readings on our devices.

Using cameras that can read infrared can help to bring out details in a spectrum of vision we don’t possess. It’s believed that in the infrared spectrum we might find something that has trouble showing itself in the human eye’s range.

it’s very easy to be distracted by wall hangings, items on bookshelves, light coming in from a window. With the lack of visual spectrum, like a blind person, we become keener with their other senses like smell, hearing, and bodily sensations of being touched and becoming cold.

Hope this partly explains things.But there are other reasons as to why.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi Steve, sorry to take a bit to get back to you on this. Please do not take this as me having a dig at you or GPS. It will seem a bit confrontational but I assure you it is not meant that way. I'm looking for answers just like you.
I'm not a cynic or bebunker and fully respect the work your teams are doing out in the field.
I'm on email or via PM on here - please confine any issues to private non forum interactions and I'll respond.

Switching off the power is important to not confuse instruments such as EMF meters with anomalous readings.

Surely this could be carried out in daylight. Any interference from obvious sources could then be discounted. In daylight many anomalous readings
could be ruled out by the simple fact that the electrical devices that could be causing these readings were taken out of the equation.
Minimise the known - maximise the unknown.

Using cameras that can read infrared can help to bring out details in a spectrum of vision we don’t possess. It’s believed that in the infrared spectrum we might find something that has trouble showing itself in the human eye’s range.

Ghosts don't manifest in infrared, that's a fact. Of course it will allow us to see in a narrow spectrum of vision we can't see in, but we can't see in a huge spectrum. Why should ghosts limit their ability to one spectrum amongst many?. I'm asking the question as much to myself
as to Steve or GPS in general. Sorry, my fault - it was a rhetorical question.

it’s very easy to be distracted by wall hangings, items on bookshelves, light coming in from a window. With the lack of visual spectrum, like a blind person, we become keener with their other senses like smell, hearing, and bodily sensations of being touched and becoming cold.

I agree but it's also easy to not have the full spectrum of light ie Daylight cast on investigations where we can see exactly what's going on and the eye (or the brain) isn't fooled or hindered by darkness, shadows, external light effects, subjective
interpretations etc. I fully understand your analogy about a blind person, it's valid but investigators aren't blind people - they're fully sighted with a wealth of technology behind them so why go hunting for something in the dark?.

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi Phil

Sorry that i have taken so long to answer your question , i have been really busy with work , back to the subject in hand , why do we investigate in the dark ??

Well to be honest that is a great question, and i can hear everyone saying if a place is haunted then it would surely be haunted 24/7 which is theorectically true ,in allot of cases it depends what time of day that activity is taking place, and most of the cases that we investigate the activity is reported in the evening or during the night, where the lights have been turned off , but the main answer is that we are not nocturnal creatures that means that we are allot more sensitive at night and will notice more than during the day , the negative side of this is that due to our senses being more alert there is more of a chance of labelling something as paranormal , when there could a normal logical explanation to it, and this is where the art of debunking really comes into play and seperates the men from the boys , things need to be thoroughly looked and all possible explanations need to be ruled out before we can even consider using the word paranormal and something that everyone should remember is that paranormal does not equal ghost.

Surely this could be carried out in daylight. Any interference from obvious sources could then be discounted. In daylight many anomalous readings
could be ruled out by the simple fact that the electrical devices that could be causing these readings were taken out of the equation.
Minimise the known - maximise the unknown.

Before we conduct an investigation and most of these are private ones we carry out a prelim visit where base readings are taken and these normally take place during the day , but it has been proven again and again on investigations that we have conducted that the energy consumption of domestic houses is less during the night , therefore there is less chance of us getting misleading readings.

A prime example was a case that had not long ago where during the day the power cables that were running into the house were giving off 60 gauss + during the investigation the readings were not exceeding 20 gauss allthough most of the activtity was during the evening or during the night .

Ian
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks Ian,

You've answered my questions, and you've replied as fast as a fast thing LOL .

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi Phil

Again as fast as a fast thing lol, i think that discussing such subjects sensibly is the best way , looking on other forums and websites ther are far to many extremly heated discussions when things could be discussed calmly, which actually leads to a valuable exchange of knowledge Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 am

One thing that comes to my mind is where do these spirits come from?

To help us even begin to understand that we have to look at something simple that we take for granted.
Take an old camera that uses film. Process the film and you get a negative, process the negative and you get a positive.

It could be this simple difference which could help us explain how and why these spirits 'appear' and why odd events occur in certain times of day.

Ancient beliefs held the night time to be the time of 'the other world'. a spiritual time where strange creatures/beings infest the night.

As we have day, we have night. This is seen as a positive and a negative. We are only able to see in a certain light spectrum, yet others exist where we can't see. Again, a positive and a negative, but these co-exist. Day and night co-exist.

The spirit world has been with many cultures for thousands of years, so there has to be an opposite realm for spirits to exist in order for us to experience themin our lives.

Being able to see this realm is another part of why we use IR. It's an aid for us to look into something that we cannot normally see.

There may come a day where we discover the 'force' that is shrouding the other world from our eyes. It might be a radio frequency, could be another form of energy yet to be discovered or it could be something that is so simple to connect to but we're not using the correct kit.

Trial and error, understanding what we are learning and trying to collate data in an order to be able to progress towards an answer is all we can do.
It could even topple over into a paralel universe or another dimension of some description.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameras for use in the dark   Cameras for use in the dark Empty

Back to top Go down

Cameras for use in the dark
Page 1 of 1