visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Exeter Underground Passages EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Exeter Underground Passages EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Exeter Underground Passages EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Exeter Underground Passages EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Exeter Underground Passages EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Exeter Underground Passages

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Exeter Underground Passages Empty
PostSubject: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:11 pm

A visit to Exeter's Underground Passages is a most unusual event and one of the most exciting things available for young people in the City of Exeter. The passages welcome bookings from schools, student groups, clubs and societies. Guides at the passages regularly receive letters, stories and pictures from school children who have enjoyed their visits.

Dating from 14th century, these medieval passages under Exeter High Street are a unique ancient monument: no similar system of passages can be explored by the public elsewhere in Britain. They were built to house the pipes that brought fresh water to the city. Visitors to the Underground Interpretation Centre pass through an exhibition and video presentation before their guided tour.

Exeter's Underground Passages have long exercised a fascination over local people, with stories of wars and sieges, plague and pestilence! Their purpose was simple: to bring clean drinking water from natural springs in fields lying outside the walled city, through lead pipes into the heart of the city. The pipes sometimes sprang leaks and repairs to buried pipes could only be carried out by digging them up as we do today. To avoid this disruption the passages were vaulted and it is down some of these vaulted passageways that visitors are guided.

Whilst there is nothing out there with regards the paranormal they have just been newly opened up to coincide with the opening of the new Princess Hay shopping centre. If they are anything like the Edinburgh vaults they might well be worth a look. Plus they migh welcome a bit of publicity from an investigation?!

I might just go on the tour one weekend and take a few snaps and get a feel for the place.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:15 pm

That would be great if you could go an have a look at the place for us , maybe see if it would be suitable for an investigation , the main things would be if the place has any power source and how wet it is down there , so that the equipment wouldn't be affected .

thanks again but i'm sure we acn talk about that on wednesday evening .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Sounds like a plan - look forward to catchin up tomorrow evening!

And I'll have a look at when I can go and have a pre-look at the tunnels!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:26 pm

sounds like a wicked location, didnt most haunted have a look round there? i maybe wrong
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 am

No i don't think that Most haunted visited there i think it's one of the places that they have not yet spoilt.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm

lol, good point!! i must be getting mixed up with somewhere else.
they hacve done some cool locations regardless of peoples views on them..
that hospital they did earlier this season looked wicked would love to go there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Underground Passages   Exeter Underground Passages Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Underground Passages
Page 1 of 1