visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Exeter Castle investigation EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Exeter Castle investigation EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Exeter Castle investigation EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Exeter Castle investigation EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Exeter Castle investigation EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Exeter Castle investigation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Exeter Castle investigation Empty
PostSubject: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Hi All

What a great investigation we had at Exeter last night , we were faced with some major changes to the location but we were also able to investigate parts of the location that have never been looked at by another paranormal team which made up for the parts that we were not able to get into .

Again we had some very strange things happening in the Holding cells somebody seemed to be throwing screws into one of the cells , we also had doors opening by themselves which was witnessed by Barri and myself .

We did have access to the rooms in the main building including court room 2 which underwent a complete refurbishment earlier this year , in the court room we did experience some strange feelings, for the moment they remain personal experiences until the evidence has been reviewed , we also conducted some glass divination in one of the large rooms on the first floor, these rooms have been studios and workshops for local artists for years and due to the refurbishment of the rest of the building have been recently vacated.

The results will be posted here as soon as the evidence has been reviewed.

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi Ian
sounds like a another great night at Exeter castle!
I wonder if the screws being thrown in the holding cells were a sign? maybe from of of the jailers they were called screws and still are to this day...i know its a very loose connections but worth a look into maybe?
Glad you all had a great night look forwards to the report & pictures
Back to top Go down
Debz316
Investigator
Debz316

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi All

Steve said you all had a good time.With lots of activity.I will be coming next time no matter what.

Debz
Back to top Go down
http://www.sds-investigators.co.uk
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 pm

ypu, have to agree.. it was a good night.

I found it amazing how me and Steve both got the same feelings about two rooms. It's not often that your own feelings and thoughts are confirmed by someone else.

I don't think anyone had any bed experiences last night and everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves completely.

Well done all for yet another succesful night.

i wonder how we can repopulate the place ready for next time?
Back to top Go down
Debz316
Investigator
Debz316

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi steve

My steve told me when he got in he was so pumped up he said somethings to me about last nite an i thought wow

Im now waiting for next one lolol
So wish i was there
As he fin talkin he nodded off a knackered fella
He said he had a great nite an wants to go again
Ttfn debz
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Debz

It was a real shame that you couldnt come , you would have enjoyed it , there are a couple things that are bugging about the night last night and thats the incident with the screws that were thrown and the doors that opened on their own , that was so strange and i have absoloutly no explanation for it , we tried to recreate it with the doors and there was no chance that they could have opened on their own.

We were down in the cells , the group consisted of Myself, Barri, Steve S and the 4 girls, we had positioned ourselves near the suicide cells and the girls seperated and sat in the suicide cells in pairs .
Barri and myself were down towards the end collection cell when we both heard what sounded like sand paper being rubbed down a brick wall , it was so loud that we both heard it very clearly , so we made our way around the corner to the end cells where i saw that the first cell door had been opened and was being propped open by a cardboard box that contained light bulbs , now this was very strange becuase when we had entered the cells these doors were closed and were off bounds due to a strong smell of what seemed to be diesel or something .
Attempting to close the door again i pushed the door slightly and kicked the box back into the cell , it moved about 10 cm but then to my shock it came back towards me and i must admit that freaked me out quite alot and i found myself nearly grabbing Barri's arm .

This made the evening a very interesting evening , there were other experiences during the evening that will be included in the report .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:09 pm

hey

this all sounds awesome and like debz i'm gutted i could'nt make it but i'm really looking forward to the report!!

T x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:33 pm

It was a fantastic investigation. Well done to the whole team.

The doors in the cells were very odd, and made me jump out of my skin lol...The knocking that we encountered between court rooms was also excellent! There appeared to be several ghosts active in different areas last night. I am also left scratching my head about the screws found in one of the suicide cells, and the doors opening by themselves.

Can't wait to hear the EVP that ian captured in Court Room 2 and listen to the recordings I made last night. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi All

it was an awesome night Razz

I had the medium in my group and to be honest i was AMAZED how the spirits would start talking through her, it was indeed an interesting experiance ! ! !

Cant wait to get back there

Kev
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Barri and myself are going through the EVP's at the moment and we have allready found some rather interesting clips on there .

It was a great evening and well donw to the whole team .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi Guys

Kev fantastic Avatar striking resemeblence i must say.Barri Ian can you please update the Team Page with Kevs Picture lol.

Great sense of humour Kev.Good Lad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I THINK YOU WAS THE MOST SCARIEST THING AT THE LOCATION.

I must admit that Exeter and Falstaff are the 2 of my favourites.

I am still trying to think of answers to the experiences. That i had especially with in the Courtroom 2 and the Skull room.Which my experiences were almost similar to Steve M's experiences.

My experience on the walk around when we went down the stairs to the courtroom and standing by the cell area i heard what seemed to be aloud growl.I would of thought the Hulk was behind me as it was deep and vocal.

I particularlly thought the cell area with Ian,Barri and the girls was a great part of the evening with the metallic sound from the suicide cells 3 times the same noise.Then the experiences with the cell doors 5 and 6.

I also thought the glass divination was strange with the names Declan,Violet and Judge Albert BARNHARD or BARNHART.

I would go back with out a shadow of a doubt.Great Night thanks to Barri,Ian,Hella and GPS team

Steve

Back to top Go down
Debz316
Investigator
Debz316

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:56 pm

sounds as though u all experanced something all i got was a sofa and a horror flim pruff Rolling Eyes

im coming to next one i so buzzing now steve is listening to his voice recorder an had a listened an heard whispers also Wink
sounds good
yes toni look forward to next one and seeing u x

ttffn everyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm definitely hanging out to hear any EVP that we got, especially from when we were in the suicide cells with the screws being thrown around, and also in that creepy little basement! Haha. It was a fantastic evening! <3
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Sara

Firstly a very warm welcome to the forum , i hope that you enjoy it here , and i am looking forward to reading your posts .

I'm glad that you enjoyed the evening , we did as well , i think that we had some great things happening during the evening , and as soon as we have gone through the data we will be posting the results here .

Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Next time we do exeter, somebody phone me!!

Haven't been around much recently so my own fault...

Sounds like you had fun without me, I know steve missed me for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 am

Lol we will phone the next time Robb ,it would have been to have you there .

Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:08 am

LOL Rob, I though you pointed out, that you don't like public events? See??? They are not that bad at all Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi guys,

I've been researching the names that we got from the glass divination and also the ones Joan got.. to no avail scratch
of course it doesn't necessarily mean anything... some of the lists available online aren't complete. I am also waiting for replies to a few requests that I've send. LOL the Tasmanian records office replied immediately... saying that they were on holidays until the 24th of September and that they would deal with my request as soon as they were back cyclops clocks seem to tick differently down under.

Debz and Wolfram are still searching as far as I know... maybe they find something.

Fingers crossed,
Hella
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi all

What's the update on any confirmations of names you were given of those who were hung or transported?

As you can see from my name, I'm very sceptical but I am interested in your findings.

best wishes

VS

Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi VerySkeptic,

first of all, welcome to our forum Smile

We didn't find much about these names, I am afraid Crying or Very sad .
I did find four men of the name Humphrey, who were transported to Tasmania (Van Deemen's Land, as he stated in the automatic writing). Three of them left England from Portsmouth, one from Plymouth. None of them was tried in Exeter, but that doesn't say much, because convicts were often brought a long distance via Exeter, where some of them had to wait terrible long months for their ship. They have all been transported between 1822 and 1836. So who knows? One of them might have been "our" Humphrey.

(An interesting fact is, that people sometimes had to wait months for their actual trial, their cases being called up again and again, sometimes it took over a year until they were actually sentenced. Then they had to wait until a ship was found for them, a certain amount of convicts were collected, and then they were actually brought to the different harbours. This journey could take weeks, because on the way other convicts were picked up as well. If the prisons in the harbours were full, they had to wait in the next bigger prison closest to the port. Then months on a convicts ship, where a lot of people died. By the time they had actually arrived at their destination it could well be, that up to 3 years had passed, but on top of that they had to work off the 7, 10 or 14 years of hard labour in the colonies. A lot of people were transported only for stealing bread or clothes)

About the others we couldn't find out anything at all, not even the judge, who was so full of himself.

The medium Joan said, that often a lot of spirits don't even belong to the location that she is visiting. They are kind of popping in, seeking for help, somehow sensing that the can be helped.
So maybe the names weren't connected to Exeter at all.
There is also the possibility that the executed didn't use their real names when they were tried. Sometimes people used their maiden names, their mother's maiden names or simply made up names.

I do believe in real mediumship and I am sure that Joan is trustworthy, but spirits can lie, too.

We more or less gave up digging for the names, but that doesn't necessarily mean, that they never existed. A lot of the records aren't available online, and because none of us is living in Exeter, we couldn't search the records offices.

I have send off e-mails to the concerning archives, even one to Tasmania. all of them to no avail, because we don't have any dates whatsoever. The replies were, that they weren't able to help us, because it would be too time consuming to go through thousands of names without even having a year.

Meanwhile Joan is still researching, as much as it it possible to her (she is a busy woman).

It won't be the last time, that we will investigate Exeter Castle, and we did find matches during the research for the previous investigations, most of them on the list of convicts, that were send to Australia. they were names, that members of the public, who joined us on those nights have picked up.

Should we find out anything about the names, I will post it here immediately.

cheers,
Hella
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Arwen

Thanks for the welcome!

So there's no evidence whatsoever then that ANY names cited by Joan were actually incarcerated in Exeter Castle.

It's all very well to speculate that some of them MIGHT have been but that's not very scientific is it? I could speculate that all sorts of people MIGHT have been there but without any evidence, my speculation is just hot air, the same as yours.

I'm not suggesting that Joan is anything other than genuine in her beliefs but all sorts of people believe all sorts of things that don't actually have any basis in reality.

If you want to be really scientific about this, you need to shed your "belief" in ghosts and just be hard nosed about facts. So far, there are no facts that support ANY of Joan's reports of her interactions with dead people at Exeter Castle. Therefore, her interactions are only in her mind and provide NO evidence to support the notion that ghosts exist.

Apologies if I sound abrasive - I'm appreciative that you have permitted me to post on your forum - thank you for that.

best wishes

VS

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Castle investigation   Exeter Castle investigation Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Castle investigation
Page 1 of 1