visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Empty
PostSubject: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Date: 7th February 2009

Investigators:

Barri Ghai (Lead Investigator)
Ian Wilce (Lead Investigator)
Laura Chalmers (Investigator & Case Manager)
Hella Norenz (Investigator & Case Manager)
Simon Buckle (Investigator & Technical Manager)
Robbie Leech (Investigator & Technical Manager)
Gail Ward (Investigator & Researcher)
Rob Powell (Investigator)
Piers O'Neill (Investigator)
Val O'Neill (Investigator)
Daisy Nash (Trainee Investigator)
John Bedford (Trainee Investigator)
Phil Measey (Investigator)
Lizzie Gregory (Trainee Investigator)
Bongo (Spiritual Medium)

http://www.tewkesburyadmag.co.uk/news/cotswolds/4031424.Pub_calls_ghost_hunters_to_fix_spooks_problem/#show

Case History

Moretons pub & restaurant (formally called the Crosshands Inn), is situated between Moreton-in-Marsh and Chipping Norton on the A44 in Oxfordshire.

Manager David Hayto, contacted G.P.S to ask us if we could investigate the strange activity that has been occurring at the former farm.

There have been reports of a female apparition and several unexplained noises, lights, and smells. The restaurant area houses a CD player which mysteriously starts playing during the early hours of each morning, having been
switched off at the wall by staff before close.

Two male members of staff have seen a female apparition in one of the upstairs rooms. One of the witnesses was in fact asleep in bed and apparently awoke to find a translucent female figure lying beside him.

Several patrons of the public house and restaurant have also experienced unexplained cold spots and chills whilst in the bar area. The resident dog has recently been too afraid to enter certain areas of the bar and barks wildly at
thin air.

There have always been strange occurrances at the old pub, but before Christmas 2008, a driver lost control of his car and crashed into the pub leaving a hole, measuring approximately 12 feet by 12 feet, in the building’s front
wall. This has since been repaired, but soon after its restoration, the unexplained activity increased and sightings of the phantom lady have become more frequent and intense.

The following photographs were taken recently by Restaurant and Pub Manager Mr Hayto. They show what appear to be orb anomalies around the bar and kitchen area.

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Moreto11

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Moreton%20Orbs2

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Moreton%20Orbs3

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Scan0010

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Scan0011

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Pictur11

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Pictur12

Last edited by Barri on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 pm

great barri just recieved email from source i will divulge later.

The Cross Hands Inn has succumbed to the disease that is afflicting old pubs all over the country. It has been bought by a management company, probably London based, who have changed the name to Moreton's ?
Do you remember, when the pub sign was a picture of a Highwayman, sitting on his horse with his hands crossed in front of his chest and a pistol in each hand. ? On the evening of December 13th last year, the Ghost of this Highwayman, who is most displeased at the change of name, caused the driver of a car travelling from the direction of Stow on the Wold, to crash his car at high speed into the pub. The other spirits that reside in the pub have also become active as a result of this and all current haunting activity, will not cease until the rightful name of the pub is reinstated.

naturally this is rumour so far and will be contacting the person who contacted my source to see if what he states is actually local rumour or he knows stuff that he would like to share see if he a local or just someone who telling what he heard. anyway think its interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:27 pm

hi
this looks like a great place lots of things happening!
Big place old place as well we will have our work cut out on this one
Cant wait!
phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Moretons pub   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Guys Im new to this website just introducing myself
I live about 2 miles away form this pub.
and i see u dont have a medium im a practicing medium. and im free all weekend if you would like a guest medium.

Thanks Matt x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:58 pm

welcome matt to gps and we do actually have a medium its outerbongolia. if you know anything about this pub please feel free to post it on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Thank you. my mum is in charge of the chipping norton museum i can see if she can get information on the pub i can find some history and ill get it posted on here

Regards
Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the assistance.

As we have already selected the team for this investigation, unfortunately we will not be able to include you on this one. Please register your interest in joining as a trainee by completing the application via the homepage of the website.

I look forward to receiving it shortly.

Kind Regards

Barri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi Barri yeah iv allready filled it out i had a reply about cant taken any one on at the mo only in the london area.

Cheers
Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Oh so you did my friend... I replied to you earlier this week. silent

Just keep active on the forum and as we grow this year I am sure we will be able to include you on a future investigation.

All the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 pm

lol yeah im not big on forums but so far everyone seems realy nice so i think im here to stay Very Happy

cheers mate
take care
Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:17 am

hi matt that would be great help if your mum has anything on this, please post on site and also send to either myself or or picapicuk. we would be grateful as this will get included in research/reports etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Our future investigation at the Moretons Pub & Restaurant is now featured on the Mail on Sunday website:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1109443/Landlord-calls-ghostbusters-car-crashing-600-year-old-pub-releases-spirits-walls.html

Go G.P.S party
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 pm

hi
duno if this helps but they say the car that crashed in to the side of the building was doing about 40mph and the guy had a heart attack and his leg spasumed and hit the pub at 90mph. i personaly saw the car and it was distroyed the so sounds like the spirit had a very loud sudden 90mph wakerning. still trying to find some more history for you guys from the museum.

Regards Mattx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 am

Sounds a little more realistic, the fact of a heart attack than myths and legends, im not a great believer in them as things get so badly exagerated throughout the years one ends up with a totally different story to the original, but the fact the building is old and has history sounds we might be lucky to get a good response from this event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 pm

I went up to the pub the other week and i think you all will have a gr8 time.

Got some history hope it helps.
The pub was owned by Hunt edmunds (company) and was leesed to Mr C Bartlett in 1896.
Mr John Bartlett aged 60 in 1881 was a farmer and inn keeper at Cross Hand Farm his wife was Sarah Bartlett also aged 60 in 1881. not sure if C Barlett and john bartlett are father and son but that is how it looks. hope this helps we are still looking aswell got the wrong file opps.

Matt X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Excellent bit of research there Matt. I was aware of the Bartlett family and dates but did not know his wife's full name. It's a help.

Many Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:06 pm

ow and the most confusing bit is that the pub is in oxfordshire the address is gloustershire and the locals are from warickshire and its allwasy been the cross hands since it was built. there used to be four counties meeting at one place so there would have been alot of people pasing by.the pub was actully on a proper cross road and the road was the otherside of the building. its abit more stagered now. its weird when i think it was darkmother said a spirit causing car crashs, there has been alot of car crashes rite outside the pub its this one actully hit the pub now so who knows maybe there was a spirit causing the crashes Grave smiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 am

great work matt well done sounds fab and good piece of research too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 am

Hi Guys a few more names that might help.
C Bartlett is Charles Fredrick Bartlett he was there up till 1915 John barlett was there in 1861 and his dad Thomas bartlett lived with him at the crosshands. Willam george Eden he was there in 1939 and died in 1956 and left the pub to his wife Edith May Eden. we cant get to much as it does also fall in to the glostershire area.

Hope this is more help

Matt x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:29 pm

Hey guys your in another newspaper the cotswold journel heres the link to the chippy website and its half way down the page.

http://www.chippingnorton.net/index2.html

Matt x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Team,

Stay safe in this weather!!!! no..1

have a great time at Moretons bounce

Txxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 12:24 am

Ghost hunters detect spirits at crash pub

11:40am Thursday 19th February 2009

http://www.tewkesburyadmag.co.uk/news/cotswolds/4138997.Ghost_hunters_detect_spirits_at_crash_pub/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 am

Thanks for posting that B,

I have now finished the report, so please do feel free to send me any feedback, and or changes that need making on the case report.

http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/Investigations/Moretons.html

Regards

Barri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Barri,

the report is fantastic..especially the EVP's...can't wait to get cracking lol!

Tx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Hey guys
Just one thing duno if its a biggy but someone might pick up on it but moreton in marsh is in gloustershire lol

Matt x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report   Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Moretons Pub & Restaurant - Preliminary Report
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next