visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

recommendations please for EMF Meter

Go down 
AuthorMessage

recommendations please for EMF Meter Empty
PostSubject: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Would be very interested in knowing what make of EMF meter everybody uses and its best points and any disadvantages.

The girls and me have decided to club together to buy one, and want to make sure that we choose a meter that is easy to operate,visible in the dark, reliable and audible.

Thanks a lot Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for those links, I reckon we do need one with a backlight as we will be using it in the darkness as well as light. That second one looks like sosmething out of Star Trek Laughing Great bit of kit but i fear a bit expensive for us.

Anybody else use a different make?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 pm

outerbongolia wrote:
Thanks for those links, I reckon we do need one with a backlight as we will be using it in the darkness as well as light. That second one looks like sosmething out of Star Trek Laughing Great bit of kit but i fear a bit expensive for us.

Anybody else use a different make?

Well you could by a head lamp and have that added to my idea of a face mask, dust mask, we will look truely like three eyed alian creaters emerging from investigations.... all we need then is dry ice...

From what i know the first one is the most recomended but im sure others have other ones...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:31 pm

Maybe somebody on the tech side can design and build us a Darth Vadar type of "all in one" jobby Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 am

Hi Bongo,

Maybe you should consider a K2 Meter like the one we used at Leyland. The device has no audible alarm, but as you can see from the photo's it lights up to indicate changes in the EMF. The most basic one does not come with the silver toggle on/off switch on the side. Instead if you use a penny and sort of tuck it in to the push button it will stay on and work in the same way.

It is in my opinion a fantastic bit of kit and works exactly the same way as a Gauss Master. If you want to order one, you must purchase it online via Ebay. It is only made and distributed by one company in America GHOST AUGUSTINE LTD. CO. They sell the modified versions (with on/off switch) for slightly more but there is also the original which works just the same for around £28. Only drawback is that it takes 4 weeks to ship the item, as demand has outpaced production.

Good luck and let me know what you decide on... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:43 am

im thinking of getting the gauss meter as the price is pretty reasonable, i must admit i would rather have a light display though, any other recommendations that would be cheap and have a decent display??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:56 am

Just found this new release

Model: Mel-8704
3 in 1 Instrument (EMF - Temperature - Light)

Quick Overview of the Mel Meter on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAFPViHygA

See How The Mel-8704 Detects Static Electricity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hph2dLz6I

The Mel Meter Model 8704 is an Intelligent microprocessor based instrument specifically designed for Paranormal Investigators & Enthusiasts. Several Important features have been incorporated into this durable, precision hand held instrument. All of them accessible with the meter being held in on hand.

Measures EMF & Temperature "Cold Spots" Simultaneously
That's right...the Mel Meter is the only Instrument that can do this. During their Investigations, an Investigator will often encounter an EMF change which is usually followed by a significant Temperature drop. Now, imagine being able to validate both changes simultaneously, and be able to track the source in real time with one hand in total darkness! No more fumbling for a flashlight to see the display in the dark.
Measures ELF Down to 30Hz!
It has been the generally accepted theory that spirits do emit an extremely low frequency (ELF) EM field, which commonly registers between 2.0 and 7.0 mG in strength. Typically, anything below 40Hz would be considered part of the ELF range. The Mel-8704 was designed to address this ELF range, and is actually 20Hz lower than a KII's 50Hz bandwidth.

Custom "Night View" Display
The Backlight display measures a full 2" x 1" with a 0.60" EMF display and 0.25" Ambient Temperature on the same screen. Both measurements can be read from 10' to 15' away.
The display can be turned On or OFF manually for display viewing in dark areas, and it is also bright enough so that it can be used in total darkness to navigate stairwells, corridors and door ways. Illumination of objects up to 8' away is possible with this special display once your eyes become adjusted to the light.

EMF "Burst Mode"
This feature allocates 100% of the micro-processors scan speed to monitor dynamic EMF changes. The display can update so quickly that your eyes will barley be able to keep up with it. If something is on the move, this feature can be activated with the push of a button. I like to use the "Record" function in this mode because it can capture the Min & Max measured values
So, if you have a EMF meter with a standard LCD display, get ready for a big change!

Mel-Cal
The Mel Meter is the only Intelligent EMF / Temperature device that uses a proprietary "Smart Calibration" function that allows the user to Calibrate the instrument in the field. Should the unlikely event ever occur, and the unit performs out of Spec. All you need to do is contact us and give us your serial number ID. We will provide you with a special code sequence to get your unit working in "Like New" condition again...it's that simple!

Source: https://www.pro-measure.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MEL-8704

Here's one on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300280284252

At around £75 a pop though its a bit expensive for me.

Anybody seen one in action?
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:21 am

Hi Bongo

Thanks again for the link , i think this is an interesting piece of kit , all though it hasn't been tested to much on paranormal cases i think that having a thermometer and an EMF detector in one is of an advantage you know yourself thats its a pain in the backside when you have to carry so much kit around with you and this would cut done one piece of equipment and would mean carrying one piece less around with you.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:26 am

Hi Triplow

I suppose that the best you can get at the moment thats value for money is the gauss master you can get it for about 27£ on ebay and it's probably about the best for starter investigators all though we still use them on investigation , they are accurate and handy to hold , the only disadvantage is the switch , it switches itself off after ten mins so you have to keep checking thats its on every ten mins , but this problem can be easily solved by fitting it with a on and off switch.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:49 am

Hi Guys

There is one on ebay called a cell censor which does the same job but it is cheaper than the gauss master, i think you can get it for about 15£ but i would still reccomend the gauss master , we also use the K2 meter which is a piece of equipment that has raised alot if discussion in the last 2 years , whether it is just a gag , it is being tested by quite a few groups including our group , we have had some good results with it alot of people say that it's quite partial to radio waves .

We are still testing .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:32 pm

i think i'll go with the guass will do me fine, really looking forward to bringing one into my investigations, slowly but surely my hunts are getting a little more interesting.
i'd also love to bring a video camera into the mix but i'll have to save up some bricks first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recommendations please for EMF Meter   recommendations please for EMF Meter Empty

Back to top Go down

recommendations please for EMF Meter
Page 1 of 1