visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion Empty
PostSubject: Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 pm

A MILLIONAIRE businessman has told how ghosts forced him and his family to flee their mansion.

Anwar Rashid and his wife Nabila spent £3.6 million on Clifton Hall in Nottinghamshire but a year later were so desperate to get rid of it that they handed the 17-bedroom property back to their bank.

The couple moved in with their three daughters aged seven, five and three, and baby son in January 2007, and it was not long before they were spooked by the sound of screams from the mansion's corridors.

During their eight months in the 52-room hall the couple also saw mysterious figures which often took the form of their children.

But it was when unexplained blood spots appeared on their 18-month-old son's bed clothes that Mr Rashid and his 25-year-old wife decided to flee the house.

Mr Rashid, 32, who is worth £25 million and made his money through a chain of nursing homes, a hotel in Dubai and has 26 properties, compared his experience to the 2001 film The Others.

In the film, which stars Nicole Kidman, a family is forced out of their home by ghosts.

Mr Rashid said: "Clifton Hall is a beautiful property. I fell for its beauty but behind the facade it is haunted.

"We were like the family in The Others. The ghosts didn't want us to be there and we could not fight them because we couldn't see them.

"The day we moved in we had our first experience. We sat down in the evening to relax and there was a knock on the wall. We heard this, "Hello, is anyone there"?

"We ignored it the first time but two minutes later we heard the man's voice again. I got up to have a look but the doors were locked and the windows were closed.

"On another occasion my wife went downstairs to make milk for the baby at 5am and she saw our eldest daughter watching television.

"She said her name but she wouldn't respond. My wife realised something was up, so she went back upstairs to check on her and found her fast asleep in her bed.

"When we found red blood spots on the baby's quilt, that was the day my wife said she'd had enough. We didn't even stay that night. It was the last straw, we felt that they had come to attack us. It was really emotional."

As well as having 17 bedrooms, Clifton Hall, which dates back to the Norman conquest, also has ten reception rooms, ten bathrooms, a gym and a cinema.

Mr Rashid, who also shared the house with his parents and brother, said his decision to stop paying the mortgage was the last resort.

In an effort to drive the spirits from the mansion, he had previously called in the Ashfield Paranormal Investigation Network.

Lee Roberts, team leader of the network, told the Nottingham Evening Post: "Clifton Hall is the only place where I've ever really been scared, even in the light. It's just got a really eerie feeling about it."

But they were unable to rid the mansion of its ghosts and Mr Rashid moved his family out in August last year before he stopped paying the mortgage on the property to the Yorkshire Bank in January. The bank finally reclaimed the hall on Thursday.

Mr Rashid now lives in the Wollaton area of Nottingham. He said: "When people used to tell me about ghosts, I would never believe them and would say 'whatever'.

"But I would have to tell any new owner that it was haunted having experienced it. I couldn't sleep knowing that I have kept something so serious from them.

"Every time I went back there I felt this feeling. It got to the stage when my nieces and nephews wouldn't like to come round and if we invited friends over for dinner they would suggest going to a restaurant or us going over to theirs.

"It's not a life when your friends and family stop coming round. I got priests in and they were saying that they could see things so my only option was to give it back to the bank. I just had to let it go because it was becoming such a burden.

"I am now looking at a new property in Nottingham. I don't think I will ever buy an old building again because of what has happened."

Source: http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/news/article/1157155314042?packedargs=suffix%3DArticleController
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:02 am

This is a very interesting story , would be interesting i we could have permission to do an investigation in this house , maybe Laura should try and get in contact with the owner.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 am

all ready done!!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Have you had an answer yet , or have you been able to talk to him yet.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: got to be done   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 7:17 pm

hi
this place needs to be ivesgiated for sure high profile news think this could done gps the world of good!
if theres anything i can do to help im in ....lol
Hope you can get it
phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 8:37 pm

The keys are held by yorkshire bank, ive emailed them so i await a reply...

As part of the research i found this group

http://www.tapitcrew.info/index_files/Page2277.htm

yesterday the tickets were being sold for 35 a pop, today suddenly there fully booked!!

http://www.tapitcrew.info/index_files/Page1050.htm

and note this bit on there site

Clifton Hall left a lot of questions unanswered, most of all what happened to the owners. After that night we have not been able to contact the owners or even hand the keys to the property back!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion   Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghosts force millionaire businessman and family to flee from Nottinghamshire mansion
Page 1 of 1