visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Orford Mill investigation  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Orford Mill investigation  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Orford Mill investigation

Go down 
+2
JoJoK
Ian
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Orford Mill investigation  Empty
PostSubject: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi All

GPS will be visiting Orford Mill in north Devon tonight , we will be teaming up with Paranormal Devon Undiscovered to investigate this 17th century property, it has allot of history attached to it , so we hope to be able to get behind some of it's secrets during the investigation tonight .

I will keep you all posted on what happens .

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
JoJoK
Apparition
Apparition

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Have fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Ian
Have a great Investigation tonight all of you....hope you can shed some light on whats going on down there... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:14 pm

At the moment.. all, I'm going to say is .....

WOW!!!!!!

With a big dollop of affraid affraid affraid affraid
a whole load of OMG! OMG! OMG!

and a really big lump of "When are we going back?????"
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Tried to get as close tosimilar pics as i could.. but spot the difference..
Orford Mill investigation  Window10

Orford Mill investigation  Window11

These two pics look too dark on my pc, but they look fine on myother pc.. if they are too dark for you, I will lighten them up.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I have to agree with you on that one , it was a fantastic evening , i have never experienced so many things happening in one spot ever before , i would love to go back there !!!!

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:20 pm

You are right, guys, it was a fantastic night, literally!
In my for years of as paranormal investigator I have never ever experienced such a concentrated amount of powerful events, starting from seeing shadowy figures, hearing voices over to floating lights and a Plymothian medium takling with a different voice in a broad Scottish accent... to be honest, there were moments where I thought, I'd better leave... but I stayed, of course, my pride as an investigator not allowing me to leg it, never mind what my instincts told me.

As for the location... I hope that GPS might be able to do a nice team investigation there one day... that place is worth the journey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 am

You bastards!

Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:04 am

If you go back, I will make special arrangements to be there!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Robb

To be honest you never know whats going to happen at a location and we had no idea that there would be so much going on there , but i have analysed the EVP's and we only have a few things that were worth noting which included the sound of the door that we heard opening and closing , and a couple of other things that attracted our attention which i am working on at the moment.

After talking to Dean and his mother they are going to get in touch with Fort bovisand again to try and arrange an investigation there , which would be an amazing place to investigate, full of history , they have had some very strange things happen there on the previous visit, i will tell you when that is taking place so that you can get the time off for that.

Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

have brightened the pictures now...

Orford Mill investigation  Window11
Orford Mill investigation  Window222
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 am

Bit of an odd image here in the window in question.. it's the same room as the one I felt the presence of the young girl.. bu the image here in the window caught my eye on the other computer i loaded the pics on to firstly.. I'm not going to say what it resembles to me yet, but i'll let you all come up with your ideas first.. saying that, there does seem to be something a bit odd going on regardless... especially when you look at the 2nd pic here that has been lightened a bit more.. it seems that something dark is actually outside the window frame..
Orford Mill investigation  Window333
Orford Mill investigation  Window22

For comparison, the same window but cropped from the first picture of the house
Orford Mill investigation  Window55
inside the room
Orford Mill investigation  ALIM0472
another angle...
Orford Mill investigation  ALIM0477
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 am

Very interesting pics it seems that on the first pic of the window there seems to be something on the outside of the window , if i didnt know better i would say that there was an outside light attached to the side of the window , but i know that there were none , the only light on the outside was above the porch because it was sensor light that kept going off when entering the cottage .

but its in the one pic but not in the other and it also seems that the in one pic the curtains seem to be open , but in the other not , i know that we didnt close the curtains and when we were in the room the curtains were open because we could see some car lights from the road that was across from the property.

Dont quite know what to make of that one .

Back to top Go down
JoJoK
Apparition
Apparition

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Makes me wish I stayed down in Devon to live lol!

Sounds like it was a good night!
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi,

In my opinion, I'm pretty sure the difference is due to the slightly different angle the two are taken from and that the dark anomaly is actually just pixelation

[img]Orford Mill investigation  Window12[/img]

Notice the similarities of the darker areas and the blotches of black, this obviously isn't a true representation of shade, texture or form- the camera is working in low light conditions, it is trying to make sense of what is there, it will interpret it differently every time. Look very carefully at the brickwork, notice how many of the bricks appear to be smaller or much larger in each picture or even change shape. Also take into consideration the file compression (unless you shot in RAW?) and therefore the fact that the original data is basically deconstructed and compressed; the properties of the image stored as a kind of algorithm, only to be rearranged and put back together on viewing.

So, personally, not convinced that anything paranormal is happening here...

But would be interested to hear other theories...

Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Have you got the metadata for the photographs?

Time taken, ISO, shutterspeed, aperture, etc?

Another great reason to work with RAW files if you have a DSLR...
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 pm

valid points Robb and, of course, necesary to be said.

camera was set at 10 megapixel.. seems to be saving in jpg, cant asee any option to save in raw Sad

although the angle is not that much different, there is a difference in the 'bottom' of the beam by about 3/4's of an inch in the comparison picture you've added ...

so wish i had a camera that uses film.. it's just the processing is such a pain.. never did like using digital and this is an example as to why ..
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

it's one of these point and click digi cams.. not an slr..
Praktica 1000Z
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:07 am

Thanks Steve!

Yeah it would be great to have at least one film camera on investigations, it would be interesting to compare film evidence with digital!

I want to get the Canon 5d mark 2 soon, 21 megapixels with a full frame sensor, which means far superior low light performance. It can also shoot full HD (true HD, not the HDV you see written on consumer camcorders).

Drawing conclusions from that should take things up a notch!

By the way, I keep meaning to tell you what a great job you do with documenting stuff!

You have photos of every nook and cranny...
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Guys

So after the investigation on friday i have a couple of EVP's that i think are great i have attached them on the bottom of this post for you to listen to , the incident where Carole was pushed has been caught on camera as well which will here for all to view soon.

This first EVP was a reaction to a request from Dean you can clearly hear the bang after he asks for it .

Banging reaction from the Bedroom

This next EVP is as Andy and myself were coming out of the kitchen , who ever this is doesn't sound that happy to see us.

Kitchen area voice
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks Robb Smile

We've been given a great big thank you on Paranormal Devons web site;
http://www.paranormaldevon.co.uk/

Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Here are some images of Orford Mill just to give you an idea of the size of the property .

[img]Orford Mill investigation  Image1[/img]

[img]Orford Mill investigation  Image2[/img]

[img]Orford Mill investigation  Image4[/img]

[img]Orford Mill investigation  Image5[/img]

[img]Orford Mill investigation  Riverside[/img]

Back to top Go down
TLA
Orb
Orb
TLA

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Great work, GPS! Sounds like a really eventful night. A Ghost Hunter's Dream! Do you plan on returning to the site?
The difference between the 2 pictures shown earlier looked to me to be in the ground level Window on the left. In the first pic, it looks as though someone is looking out the window and in the 2nd they are gone. Or did I miss something?
Allen
Back to top Go down
http://www.prghh.de
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi Ian,,

I cannot listen to the EVP's... access denied No

I've got two interesting EVP's, too.

Millbrook Cottage ... breath after Ian's talking

Riverside Cottage ... whisper

Please tell me what you think, guys.

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
JoJoK
Apparition
Apparition

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm being stupid but is it a private residence? And if it is/isn't, would the client be open to you guys hosting an event there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orford Mill investigation    Orford Mill investigation  Empty

Back to top Go down

Orford Mill investigation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next