visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Hell Fire Caves EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Hell Fire Caves EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Hell Fire Caves EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Hell Fire Caves EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Hell Fire Caves EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Hell Fire Caves

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Hell Fire Caves Empty
PostSubject: Hell Fire Caves   Hell Fire Caves EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 9:30 am

Hell Fire Caves Hellfi10

Supposedly of very ancient origin these unique caves were extended in the 1740’s by the infamous Sir Francis Dashwood, founder of the notorious Hellfire Club. His aim was to provide an extraordinary addition to his landscape gardens, no doubt inspired by his Grand Tours of Europe and the Ottoman Empire. Many of his fellow dilettantes were building great Estates and landscaping gardens and temples above ground but no others dared venture underground in this way. The chalk was used to build the main road from West Wycombe to High Wycombe. This also provided employment to the Villagers of West Wycombe following a succession of harvest failures. The achievement is a true feat of engineering and quite remarkable considering they were all dug by hand.

On his return from his travels Sir Francis established the famous Hell-fire Club which subsequently held chapter meetings in the Caves and whose members included Lord Sandwich, John Wilkes and other senior aristocrats and statesmen. Sir Francis later became Chancellor of the Exchequer. Benjamin Franklin was a close friend and visited West Wycombe often.

On entering the Caves, long winding passages lead deep underground for over half a mile, through the great Banqueting Hall and past various chambers. In these you will find scenes with various members of the Hellfire Club.

Some of the ghosts that are reputed to haunt the caves are members of the club, a women named Sukie, the legend goes that she went to meet her lover dressed in a wedding gown, but it was a practical joke and she was met by a gang of lads, who stoned her to death, and also strange noises have been heard.
Back to top Go down

Hell Fire Caves Empty
PostSubject: hellfire caves /tunnels   Hell Fire Caves EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am

liked the piece on the caves were you aware that the shape of the caves is in the form of the hebrew letter lemod , even to the point of having the inner temple cut off from the main structure by the river styx creating the detached dot at the base of the letter ..L .not suprising as dashwood was big into the kabbalah. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Hell Fire Caves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Fire Caves   Hell Fire Caves EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:01 pm

Excellent!!! I didn't know that....I like your level of research and enthusiasm for the subject....

I will found out some more about Hell Fire and please feel free to post any additional info on the area.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Hell Fire Caves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Fire Caves   Hell Fire Caves EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:51 am

https://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/picapicauk/hellfire%20caves/

Heres my pictures of the caves, when i get home i shall upload other pictures from the caves onto there...
These pictures are the first ones i took down the cave, with some of the latest ones. I have hundreds of pictures of the caves, since meeting dark angel the enjoyment of the caves has grown. the place is fascinating and scary all at the same time!! lol!

Heres my evp

http://media.putfile.com/Ghostly-voice

hope this works about 30 seconds in, see what you think

Dark angel, do you know of any split trees around the cave area?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hell Fire Caves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Fire Caves   Hell Fire Caves Empty

Back to top Go down

Hell Fire Caves
Page 1 of 1