visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) Empty
PostSubject: Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)   Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 am

There's a young airman haunting RAF Manston, not sure what he flew but his picture (his head and shoulders are strikingly evident in an airial photograph taken of the base, as large as life in one of the fields) shows him to definitely be of WW2 BofB origin.

He has been seen walking through the old debriefing huts by several reliable witnesses, including people unfamiliar with RAF Manston's history. He would walk through the room and dissapear through the wall at the end. There used to be an adjoining hut that was destroyed at some point during the war. He's never been seen outside the hut other than in the one photograph.

He looks quite young, probably not more than 25. The picture's in the gallery at the Manston museum (not the Spitfire museum, the other one) which I would recommend as a day out for anyone interested in WW2/ BofB history. The guys who run the museum and renovate the aircraft there are all volunteers and would appreciate visitors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)   Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm

That's interesting and I thought I was going mad for a second because I was sure I'd read this story somewhere before... in fact you posted it 6 years ago verbatum:

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/131745-ghostly-radio-transmissions.html
[permalink: http://www.pprune.org/1359738-post18.html ]

The museum is obviously still going strong Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) Icon_biggrin

Maybe if your Grandad is still part of it, you could get permission for GPS to do an investigation? Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)   Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi All

Thats an interesting story , would be a great place to go to and investigate , i have always wanted to do an old RAF Base , Paddy you must have a wicked memory to find a post that was posted 6 years ago lol.

Stories like this have been around for years and will pop up everywhere on the net , it's a great thing becuase it enables people like us to read them .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)   Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Not my Granddad lol Very Happy

Well I was in the Cadets at Manston 2433 (Ramsgate) Squadron Air Training Corps and the building there talking about is the Drill hut and used for lectures

once one evening we was doing a briefing for the Remembrance parade at the Winter Gardens in Margate then there was a bash on the fire exit door, and the OC went "HELLO CASPER" and he opened the door up but there was no one there.

I believe a group did an Investigation but I cannot remember who it was!

But I'm sure they'll let GPS to do an Investigation! (as long as I'm invited!! lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)   Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Ian wrote:
Paddy you must have a wicked memory to find a post that was posted 6 years ago lol.

lol it wasn't quite 6 years ago that I read it, just a massive coincidence! It was only a few weeks ago that a mate who flys for Virgin was telling me about some stuff that happened on the older jets he used to fly, I googled when I was bored and found that website. I can assure you, my memory is very selective, great for unimportant information but TERRIBLE for anything important like names or times LOL!

I worked at Farnborough Airport [now qinetic, was DERA, RAE etc. over the years] when I was 18 during my year out, clearing out the old site for them to move to the new one. I never even thought about it at the time but I was clearing out all these old buildings/hangars that had seen some serious action in wartime/peacetime and during the cold war. I have to admit, I don't remember EVER being spooked at any point but I came away with a bit of a fascination for old RAF/RAE sites! SO SO much happened at them that we will never know about!

I'd love to be involved in an investigation at a place like this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)   Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghosts at FSCTE Manston (RAF Manston)
Page 1 of 1