visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
The Borley Rectory Companion EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
The Borley Rectory Companion EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

The Borley Rectory Companion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

The Borley Rectory Companion Empty
PostSubject: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:34 pm

The Borley Rectory Companion Borley14

In 1929 stories of the happenings at a remote house in an isolated part of England caught the public imagination and for nearly eighty years Borley Rectory has proved to be one of the most enduring and controversial cases of haunting ever recorded. Its ghosts are now world famous and its most ardent champion, the flamboyant and maverick ghost hunter Harry Price (1881-1948) has become ‘one of the most fascinating and storm-provoking figures’ in the history of psychical research.

Sixty years after Harry Price ’s death, a major new book on the Borley Rectory case will be published. Interwoven between the reports of earthbound spirits, apparitions, poltergeist phenomena, ghost hunting vigils and séances is a human drama almost as remarkable as the paranormal happenings alleged to have occured at the lonely Essex rectory. The Borley Rectory Companion is the most comprehensive reference work ever compiled on the ‘most haunted house in England’, written by three leading authorities on the haunting and in an original and unique modern format, together with a Foreword by philosopher and writer Colin Wilson, the well-respected author of over eighty books including several studies of the occult and the paranormal.

The Borley Rectory Companion - The Complete Guide to the 'Most Haunted House in England' will be published by Sutton Publishing in Autumn 2008.

For more information about the Borley Rectory Companion, the authors and Harry Price visit

Borley Rectory companian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Phantom,

that sounds really interesting, especially since I have just finished reading a lot about Harry Price and also Borley Rectory.
I have to keep my eyes open for the book, as soon as it it published.

Thanks shanara
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Which one did you read ? , was it the ten year investigation of Borley Rectery , that is really interesting .
If you like Harry price you have to read confessions of a ghosthunter that is really good , i would like to meet this guy.

Another good one is Hans Holzner he has written some very good books as well, one of the most humerus is (ghosts i´ve met) thats a must .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi Phantom,

I haven't read a book yet about, but did some Research on the net.
"Confessions of a Ghost hunter", I have that one, but didn't have the time to read it yet. I read "Ghost Hunters Guide Book" from him, Troy Taylor.....he is a really nice guy.
But Borley Rectory and its history is an interesting story and I will investigate some more about it.

Greetz shanara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:13 pm

i found a account of this from a jornalist, that claims he caught the person taking them on a tour with stones in their pockets after several windows suddenly broke..
I think there was originally something in the hauntings, but i also think that it gain momentum and people wanted to carry it on and keep it going... might it be surrounding the kids that live in the rectory, and therefore naturally dissapear..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Here are some photos and description of Borley rectory:

The Borley Rectory Companion Borley10

The tiny parish of Borley is located in a desolate, sparsely populated area near the east coast of England, near the Suffolk border. It is a lonely place and would be largely forgotten if not for the fact that it is the location of what came to be known as “The Most Haunted House in England”.

The Borley Rectory Companion Borley11

The writing on the wall was witnessed by many of the investigators and visitors to the house.

The Borley Rectory Companion Borley12

The Rectory after the Fire

The Borley Rectory Companion Borley15

The Borley Rectory Companion Borley13

The photos above appeared in LIFE magazine in 1944, during the final demolition of Borley Rectory. The photo above is an enlargement from a larger photograph and shows what some claim is a "floating brick", suspended in the air by the spectral occupants of the rectory. Skeptics say that it was merely a brick thrown by a workman that was accidentally captured by the LIFE photographer. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:26 am

No, I don´t think that it was a worker throwing the stone. It´s too high and bricks are quite heavy. I doubt, that this picture is a fake, although a lot of people say something else. To me it looks as if the stone is floating in the room/hallway itself and not outside, what it would do, if it was thrown.
I also don´t think that it was thrown, because in 1944 the cameras weren´t able to make sharp pictures from fast moving objects (as far as I know), they were always a bit blurred at the edges. In the close up you can see, that it is not blurred at all.

I think I can make out the faint shape of a dark figure, standing right behind the brick in the dark. The stone is in waist height of it. But this could be a trick that my eyes are playing on me. Smile

Looking at the pic again, it looks like a man with a hat ( the ones with the dent) on. The brick is on his left hand side. The man turns a bit to the right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:22 pm

I can see that shadow also! Thought it was my eyesight though lol...

Maybe somebody did throw it or was dangling a foam brick using a fishing rod LMAO.....

Who knows. It is so old that it is really hard to say. I think that many people have probably analysed it using modern software but I have never heard anybody being able to disprove it yet. tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:40 pm

i have to say, it looks like the handle of a door for me, the postion and everything... the more i look at it the more i think its orignal pic, that hasnt been tampered with...

does anyone know if the site is still haunted by anything??
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:49 pm

They say that if you stand on the site where the house was you can feel the coldness , even on a summers day.

i think that there were things that happened there but not as bad as the stories say and the personal that worked there took advantage of that and helped it along .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Phantom wrote:
They say that if you stand on the site where the house was you can feel the coldness , even on a summers day.

i think that there were things that happened there but not as bad as the stories say and the personal that worked there took advantage of that and helped it along .

Totally agree, a lot of the time its like chinese whispers things change with each person they go through...

Shall we do a picnic on the site of the place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion EmptySat May 03, 2008 6:00 pm

LOL...Picnic would be great, just not there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Borley Rectory Companion   The Borley Rectory Companion Empty

Back to top Go down

The Borley Rectory Companion
Page 1 of 1