visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Increase in sightings EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Increase in sightings EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Increase in sightings EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Increase in sightings EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Increase in sightings EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Increase in sightings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Increase in sightings Empty
PostSubject: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am

Hi Team

I don't know whether you guys have been thinking the same , but we seem to be having an increase in paranormal activity at the moment , G.P.S has at the moment 6 cases pending which in comparison to two months ago is a huge increase , i ask you what is the reason ??? is it due to people being more aware of what is going on around them or is it due to the 2012 theory, they say that the realms will thin by 2012 and chaos will reign .

why not posts your opinions to this theme .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 am

Actually I've been thinking about that as well for quite a while now, as you know, Ian. I actually went that far and posted the same question a few weeks ago in another forum (a German one). Their opinion was, that the increase of reports of hauntings, especially the malevolent cases, are more due to the internet, that encourages people to post their experiences in a more anonymous way, plus the fact, that the subject paranormal itself is getting less a taboo, due to TV series and documentations.

Well, to be honest, i am not fully convinced by that explanation. Sure, people are getting more open minded to the subject due to the medias, but when I look at the reports of other teams (experienced, well equipped and serious) then i believe, that there is more behind it. The rate of hauntings seems to increase, especially the malevolent cases.

I don't really know what to think, especially not when it comes to the 2012 theory, for I am not a great believer in prophecies. But i think it is a fact, that the messing around with ouija-boards & Co. has increased, because of the make believe of certain TV productions, that all these methods are just a great way to communicate with spirits, without warning people about the severe effects such dabbling around without really knowing what to do can have. Plus the fact, that a lot of people start to be convinced, that they also have psychic abilities (which a lot of them certainly have), read a bit about the subject and then claim to be a trained medium, and therefor know how to deal with summoning objects Rolling Eyes

And if one adds this on top of the prophecy of the thinning of the realms... well, one can well imagine....

It would be really cool to know what you all think.

Greets,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

I think i'm gonna lean towards the 2012 theory, only for the fact that it`s pretty cool!

more seriously though, I think it is a lot to do with the position of our rating on google and the top site rankings, we are so easy to find now and sitting at number 1 really gets us a lot more hits.

If you have a health problem you look for a good Dr.

So if you have a ghost problem, who you gonna call?

Think that's whats happening here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Well.   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:07 pm

lol I liked the 2012 theory also, but yer, like Rob said, maybe its because we are a big focal point on the Paranormal stage now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm

2012 theory ? this is interesting can someone explain more ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Apparently when the Olympics come to Britain in 2012 the estimated increase in the Co2 greenhouse emissions caused by A: increased traffic congestion due to rubbish public transport and B: the threefold demand for beef needed for burger vans and fast food restaurants who will be feeding the influx of visitors- it is estimated that there will be 30 million cows in the UK by 2012 releasing 6,000,000 tons of methane every week from their backsides- enough to suffocate 46 adult chimpanzees every minute for 14 days and to fuel the sun for 0.462345 milliseconds.
The increase levels of Co2 is thought to be able to rip a hole so vast in the ozone that an imbalance in air pressure between the vacuum of space and Earth's relatively low pressure atmosphere will literally suck much of the contents of the planet through the hole and into space. Those who survive the big suck into space will probably find that the massive localised concentration of energy at the epicentre of the vacum will have a malcointraconic effect on the large hadron particle accelerator causing a strong quantum destabilisation thus making it very likely that a huge black hole will hover above the earth acting as a gate way to hell.

Hope that helps!

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Seriously though, if you are interested follow this link: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4951448613711060908
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:25 pm

isent 2021 the end or this age or something like that and its a start of a new age. and like many times before people think its the end of all time but yet we are still here lol.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 pm

excellent post Robb and one I shall send to all the new age airy fairy nuts who keep sending me epistles about how the whole world population will wake up on the first day of 2012 and be able to communicate in the same way as dolphins or whatever Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Well when ur got to go ur got to go!...i really not that worried!....lol

I feel its got a lot to do with the way G.P.S works we put a lot of hard work into doing what we do and we do it all cuz we really love this!...since i joined G.P.S. ive never looked back.
I love looking around for poss lotations..and knocking on ppls doors and walking into pubs asking if they have any strange or paranormal things going on somtimes i can walk into a place and it just oozes and thats a great feeling.
I think that why we are no..1 peolpe look at the site see what we are doing and the things and kit we have and the closeness of our team.
I dont think mean other sites can boast this fact...
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:13 am

Well the thinning of the realms , hhmmm thats a good one , the theory was started by the ancient mayans who were a very religious race , were able to predict future happenings ( earthquakes , floods , desease etc. they were also able to predict that there would be a thinning of the dimensions, this would all take place in the years running up to 2012 , they said that planet earth has a process that purifies itself every 3600 years and that is due up now .

a theory that i have is that maybe that the barrier maybe a large factor of the human mind the brain, and the way in which we utilise the two in perceiving and forming our perceptions into our personal worlds.

The mind does not deal well with things it has already decided to be impossible.

Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the
lunar moon cycle as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar
predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they
were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've
got a point with what they have been doing .....
If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad
enough,religious folks are getting in on the act as well.
Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for
Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down
for 2012.

so what is actually going on at the moment is there any truth in it , we will have to find out .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:56 am

Not saying this is my view but...........

One possible explanation could be linked to the Philip Theory principal. In that at the moment in the Uk I think its safe to say belief in the paranormal is at an all time high. As others have said lots of media coverage and the internet mean it's around and people can easily look in to things. So linking it back to my original statement the more people that believe the more energy spirits have to exist. And that cycle keeps growing. So more belief in the paranormal means more activity. Hope that makes a bit of sense............................I'm still on my first coffee!!!

As others have said that also means people are more knowledgeable and might seek out help etc.

The Philip theory http://www.time-loops.net/nostradamus/Experiment_Philip.htm

Happy Monday all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

this site will explian everything@

www.2012.host22.com
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:48 am

LOL

'THE END IS NEAR!!!'

That website has a big red countdown and a survival section, by the sounds of it Ray Mears and Bear Grills should do pretty well after the apocalypse!!

I'll keep an open mind on this subject, I'd hate for you to say 'I told you so!'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:00 am

Robb wrote:
Apparently when the Olympics come to Britain in 2012 the estimated increase in the Co2 greenhouse emissions caused by A: increased traffic congestion due to rubbish public transport and B: the threefold demand for beef needed for burger vans and fast food restaurants who will be feeding the influx of visitors- it is estimated that there will be 30 million cows in the UK by 2012 releasing 6,000,000 tons of methane every week from their backsides- enough to suffocate 46 adult chimpanzees every minute for 14 days and to fuel the sun for 0.462345 milliseconds.
The increase levels of Co2 is thought to be able to rip a hole so vast in the ozone that an imbalance in air pressure between the vacuum of space and Earth's relatively low pressure atmosphere will literally suck much of the contents of the planet through the hole and into space. Those who survive the big suck into space will probably find that the massive localised concentration of energy at the epicentre of the vacum will have a malcointraconic effect on the large hadron particle accelerator causing a strong quantum destabilisation thus making it very likely that a huge black hole will hover above the earth acting as a gate way to hell.

Hope that helps!

Robb

thought so lol

I saw the Mayan theory, but there seems to be lots of different views,
related to the date.Hasn't the world supposed to have aligned and been
sucked into black holes and hit by asteroids and blown up and attacked by aliens and this that the other over the years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 pm

i think the key thing here is that they were 34 seconds out so they didnt get it right so could they be out knowing the end of the world by 34 years or 34,000 years either way they got it wrong. so they cant claim accuratly the word is going to end then.

Sorry i like puting possitive spins on everything Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Well Matt nobody is putting a negative spin on things , but this was only a discussion and as there are so many views thought it would be interesting to view some of them , of course there are many different theories about the end of the world , and when it will happen , but at the time these were made , the world had no idea what type of aids and technology we would have to help us get through them , as for the thinning of the realms , everybody will have their own opinion on that one .

But it does seems strange that there are so many sightings at the moment in nearly every newspaper at the moment there are stories popping up , maybe we are getting more aware of paranormal activity in our time because the technology has moved on rapidly and enabled us to get better results than ever before .

regrads
ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Maybe the media are focusing on paranormal matters to take our minds off MP's huge expense accounts and the poor people dying in Afghanistan for little purpose. I hear people predicting a raising of the overall consciousness but to be honest looking around me I don't see a whole lot of possibility in this department

Or am I just an old cynic? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:22 pm

ahh no i just saying i like to put positive spins on things make things nicer instead of listening to all the bad things all the time lol. but well said. i think people are becoming more aware or paranormal activity and we just happen to be inthe right place to get the people come to us.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Lol Bongo!

Most of the people around where I live are positively non-concious most of their waking lives!

That's another interesting angle to look at it from!

Lets be honest, shows like most haunted have catapulted public interest in the paranormal well into popular culture- it's entertainment! Public interest increases and the media provide the public with what they want to read/see/hear, that's how they make money out of us plebeians!

It's the same with crime rates, the media create a moral panic by suddenly highlighting stories about youth violence, people absorb the information like sponges and then it is common knowledge that crime rates are rocketing. The truth is usually that crime rates have stayed exactly the same, it's just people are hearing more about them.

Sometimes however, the moral panic created by the media actually does effect real statistics. Take for example the Mod's and the Rocker's in the 1960's. The two youth sub-cultures started out as a tiny minority among young people, but as soon as the media kicked up a frenzy, all of the young people across Britain suddenly thought 'uhhh, am I a Mod or am I a Rocker?' and thus creating a massive and violent conflict between opposing young people!

So maybe the heightened media attention today could actually be having a similar effect?

The increase in public interest has a knock on effect on media attention which in turn increases attention among the public even more causing more and more people to dabble with the occult and perhaps to become more open minded which may have a direct effect on paranormal activity itself- ouiji boards, seances, investigations at haunted locations etc etc- all of these things might increase overall activity.

But then of course there are always attention seekers and wannabes who make stories up or exaggerate explainable non-paranormal activity because they watch to much Most Haunted!

Maybe it is a little bit of everything that people have suggested!!

Robb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increase in sightings   Increase in sightings Empty

Back to top Go down

Increase in sightings
Page 1 of 1