visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

These places might be worth checking out!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

These places might be worth checking out!! Empty
PostSubject: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey Guys

These might we worth checking out Smile

THE WORCESTER COMMANDERY

Paranormal Activity

Some years ago a local man arrived early for a meeting in the Solar part of the Commandery. After some minutes he left in terror not able to explain what he had experienced and vowed never to go into the room again. To this day it is not known what he saw. Other visitors to the Solar room have also felt a strange coldness and an overpowering presence, which remains unexplained. Some say it is the Duke of Hamilton in the throes of his agony.

HELENS MANOR (Ledbury, Herefordshire)

Paranormal Activity

The resident's of Hellens have always lived with its ghosts. The ghost of a monk (see below related incidents) is often seen in here and visitors staying in Bloody Mary's room often complain of having their sleep interrupted by an elderly gentleman in a dark hooded gown who stumbles into the room as if by mistake. Whilst staying in this room during the Hay festival Simon Callow saw the ghost of the monk. Back in the '40's Malcolm Munthe tried table tipping to get in touch with the spirit of the monk in order to find the secret tunnel - the only definite answers he could get were that he did haunt that room and other areas in the house but nothing about the tunnel. In the '20's a guest left after only one night later complaining of being disturbed several times by a 'dotty old member of the family who had escaped from his keeper' - it was widely thought at the time he'd seen the Monk. Nick has been woken to see the ghost of who he believes to be Hetty standing by his bed. He describes her as small and says that she was as clear and real as any other human. Recently they have been experiencing poltergeist activity up here. China cups fly off the shelves, things are moved in the kitchen and pictures fly off the walls and cooking pots are thrown to the floor. The ghost of a man, thought to be Sir Philip Musgrave (his portrait hangs at Hellens) has been seen in the music room. Adam's grandson recently spoke of seeing a little girl in what sounds like Victorian clothing here - he's only two.

ST OWENS CHAMBERS (Hereford)

Paranormal Activity

There is an air of spookiness about this building, especially when you are alone or venturing upstairs into the attic or down below into the old cellar. There is often a feeling of being watched and strange noises can sometimes be heard when the offices are quiet. A young girl has been seen out the corner of an eye on the left hand side staircase, with long dark hair but no one was there when the witness looked directly up at the staircase. A shadow has also been spotted on the 1st floor landing but when looked at directly no one has been there. One story told by an old worker working in the cellar tells of a strange occurrence when fixing a light. He placed his screwdriver down by his side but when he went to pick it up it had moved all the way across the room to the other side. There was no breeze and no one had been down the cellar with him.

To find all the history on these places go to http://www.xmotu.com/herefordworcester.asp?offset=0

Thanks
Nikki
x
x
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Nikki

Thanks for that , they sound like really interesting places to visit , maybe we should consider some of them.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks Ian

I went to my first investigation sat at long crendon, was an awsome experience cant wait for the next one.

Nikki
x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:41 pm

There are, it seems , a heck of alot of places around here that are (supposedly) haunted.

Is there such a thing as a hot spot for ghosts?

Anyway, here's my list of possibilities.

First.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monks_Kirby

This place just to the east of nuneaton has had a very haunted reputation with most people in the area, especially the graveyard which is really spooky (i have some photos taken in the daytime which show the place,but they are on the other comp', so i'll upload them tomorrow).
There is something deceidedly "odd" about the whole village?! it's a bit like brigadoon lol!

There have been a few ghost hunts there but i'm not too sure if they were scientific or not http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=514

Also nearby is the deserted mediaeval village of stretton baskerville, which with a name like that deserves an investigation on it's own lol!
It was a village wiped out by the plague and is said to have been a place where dick tupin buried his loot and to this day goes back to look for it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stretton_Baskerville

Next has to be astley castle, this is the pl;ace where i got a brilliant photo of a ghost of a young girl wearing a ruff and tudor esk clothes. and if i ever find the damn thisng i'll post it! http://www.haunted-britain.com/South_Midlands.htm

There is a lake nearby to astley called Seeswood pool, which has always been a weird place but a few years ago there was a terrible and really tragic crash in which 5 young lads were killed http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk/1040573.stm there is now, more than ever a very "wrong" feeling about the place.
i know that this one may be a little too sensitive to do any sort of investigation but, i feel that there is something there that is bad or wrong?! weird to explain, but even before the accident i was drawn to the place in a morbid way.

One night in about 1997 i had the urge to go for a walk with our then dog kelsey.
So i got out of bed, got dressed and walked all the way from attleborough to the head of astley lane (which is about 3 miles!!!) with the intent on going down in the pitch dark to walk along the edge of the lake on the roadside.
But upon getting to the top of the lane with only about 300yrds to go, i was unable to go any further as if stopped by the dark it'self? it was really weird after walking all that way that i couldn't get to my final destination?
anyway after trying several times to force myself out of the light into the dark lane, i went back home.

I still haven't got a clue why i had to go there, i just did? but all the way there there was a song going around and around in my head "memories" by elaine page or at least her version of it.

The lane down to the pool used to be used as a lovers prominade in the old days, my granma told me that she used to "walk the lane" it was sort of a courting thing?

There have been countless accidents at the same spot and i'm sure there have been fatalities there before, there are always cars going through the railings and ending up at the bottom of the lake.
This place i really feel needs to be looked into?

Well i'll go off and look for a few more for you to ponder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Ok this may or may not be related to my previous post http://www.canleyclassics.com/blog/2006/09/near-death-experience-caused-by-wedgie.html

Bit of a scarey coincedence?

Classic car losing control for no apparent reason at the exact same spot! :-0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:45 pm

I have put a request in to Hellens Manor as it looks fantastic. Fingers crossed that they say YES... see cases pending at the top of the forum for more information. Well done Nikki for your research in these locations.

It was i the G.P.S office so I have added it to this post.

I have put in an email request to investigate this place. I will edit this post later to include all the history and details.

Hellens lies just off the A449 between Ledbury and Ross on Wye road. Follow the brown signs from the crossroads in the centre of the village. Hellens, Much Marcle, Herefordshire HR8 2LY.Tel 01531 660504

These places might be worth checking out!! Hellen10

This beautiful historic house in Much Marcle, Herefordshire, is a living monument to much of England’s history. It remains a home and not a museum although it contains a wealth of period furnishings, paintings and decorations. The family trust which presently run Hellens, and her sister property Southside House, serves both the community and the general public, particular in the field of education. We work to provide historical, environmental, and literary projects and activities, for schools and students of all ages, through the two properties.

In 1096 the Manor was granted to the de Balun family who witnessed the signing of the Magna Carta by King John. Thereafter by marriage,deed or gift it passed through the powerful Mortimer family to the Lords Audleys by 1301, who were created Earls of Gloucester in 1337. A nephew, James, one of the Black Prince’s 12 boon companions,rented the Manor yearly from his uncle the Earl for a pair of silver spurs. He eventually leased it to Walter de Helyon whose
family gave their name in time to the house. Their descendants still live here, and Walter’s effigy can be seen in St Bartholomew’s Church. Among Hellens’ attractions are the haunted rooms prepared for Bloody
Mary Tudor and her tutor Fetherstone; the Stone Hall and its great fireplace bearing the Black Prince’s crest and the Minstrel Gallery.

These places might be worth checking out!! Hellen11

The minimum charge for a group visit is £100 – this charge is for up to 20 people. There is an extra charge of £5 per person for more that 20 people.

On one of the window panes of \'Hetty Walwyn\'s Room\', named for Mehitabel, an 18th century occupant confined there by her mother until her death after a failed elopement with a stable hand. An inscription attributed to her which reads \"It is a part of virtue to abstain from what we love if it will prove our bain\", apparently scratched into a windowpane with a diamond ring, may still be seen. Local legend stats that Walwyn was imprisoned for over thirty years, starting in her 20s, until she eventually committed suicide. Her ghost reputedly still haunts the room.

Another ghost attributed to the house is that of a family priest supposedly killed by Roundheads who were searching the house for its Catholic owner. His ghost is said to reside in a bedroom close to Hetty Walwyn\'s, a room that once hosted Mary Tudor.

Last edited by Barri on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:47 pm

No problem hun Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Hellens Manor looks amazing - interesting pic of the bedroom on their website - to the right of the bed is a bright light/orb? maybe hard to tell as its hard to zoom in.

Tx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Barri
this place looks great tones of history.....if poss i would like to be in on this one if G.P.S are given the chance to investagate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Looks fab! As well as this it appears to be a really stunning location too. Fingers crossed. queen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:34 am

I have put an email request into Hellens Manor, and am still waiting for a reply. The problem is Most Haunted did it...so did Ian Lawman and his crew, and Eerie events or something also do ghost hunting weekends there..GITS!!!

If anybody wants to watch the MH episode it is Series 6 episode 24...Here it is on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzaBdPdD4eQ pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These places might be worth checking out!!   These places might be worth checking out!! Empty

Back to top Go down

These places might be worth checking out!!
Page 1 of 1