visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Amateur Ghost Hunters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Amateur Ghost Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 pm

What advice could you give to an amateur ghost hunter? What equipment should they first use and which locations should they first encounter??

Does any of the GPS team have any experiences when they first started ghost hunting before joining GPS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:48 pm

hello
i was part of the ghost club before i came to gps and things were different wasent as profesional. erm best equipment is note pad and pen torch digi cam depends hows much money u have first thing i got was an emf reader.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm

I've hardly any experiance in ghost hunting but i've seen a lot of paranormal stuff and open minded. Can't wait for my first investigation with the team Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi

I've just started off with a digital voice recorder - I'm hoping to build my kit over time. Have a good look round for equipment - the most expensive stuff isn't always the best - A torch, pen and paper are the essentials - (and plenty of enthusiasm and willingness to learn) Basketball

Tx
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Toni

Just a tip , you should look in discount centers as well , its amazing what you find there, the whisper 2000 was something that i found on a cheap site and it only cost me £9.90 but after using it for the first time i found that its true it doesn't have to be the most expensive ,to work well .

another good place to look on the net is toms gadgets , ghostplace you can sometimes get some good stuff at good prices .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:35 pm

hi ian

good idea - hadn't thought of that - have a great investigation tonight!! thanks Smile

Tx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Well...   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Hiya Toni

Well, before I joined G.P.S, I "BEEING INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT" used to visit my Grandmothers house regurely, as strange things used to happen there, different exspearences from family members etc.
Me & my sister used to visit & stay over night in the spare bedroom, we diddnt have any gadgets/EMF meters or anything like that, but we did used to setup cassett players, in the hope of hearing something.
Thing is, we used one of thoese old, cassett recorder things, which were muffeled & always seemed to make a crackling noise, so we never could proove anything lol.
It took along time, but we both (ON A PUB NIGHT OUT) admitted to each other, that at one time or another, when staying there, we "openly spoke outload to it" in hope of getting a reply.
To be honest, and being 100% up for any kind of investigation, I felt very reluctant to carry out one in my own home or for example, my Grandmothers house, as its too close for my liking, as if something major happends, it well... would feel a bit worrying so to speak.
LOL and in the words of my father>> YOU DONT TAMPER WITH WAT YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT, so bang goes any investigation that I may have had planned.

As for advice: Apart from an EMF/EVP gadget, a Digital camera is key in all investigations.

Any more advice, just ask Wink
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi stokesuk!

Hmmm.... let me think, what we used on our first investigation....
We had an analog video camera, a digital still camera and a mobile phone with voice recording function. Of course we also had a torch, but everyone with common sense would take one, if he had to go to any dark and eerie place LOL.

Funny thing about our very first investigation is, that we caught a class A EVP with the mobile phone and also got a really nice pic of an ectoplasm / apparition.

For the second investigation we already had a digital voice recorder.

I think it was then, when Ian filmed the ectoplasm (you can see it on GPS Channel, i think).

So, you see, it is not THAT important to have cases and cases of equipment, one only needs a few basics to start with and after that a great portion of luck at e-bay and on the bargain hunt Wink Very Happy

Hope, i could help,

Greets,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:53 pm

I too want to go out hunting for ghosts etc. I am also somewhat sceptical of things. I would like to take photos but don't know how to go about doing it? Do I use a flash? Do I take pictures of things that I see or will the camera pick up things I won't see? How do I know that a photographed orb isn't just dust particles etc?

Is there somewhere out there that will answer these questions? Thanks a lot. Ben
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amateur Ghost Hunters   Amateur Ghost Hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

Amateur Ghost Hunters
Page 1 of 1