visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Spooky towel man EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Spooky towel man EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Spooky towel man EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Spooky towel man EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Spooky towel man EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Spooky towel man

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Following Nikki's photograph and the discussion which followed, I thought that I would recreate a spooky photograph in order to show just how easy it can be to capture ghostly figures without intentionally trying to do so.

I took this photograph using my camera phone, I didn't change any of the settings apart from using the 10 second timer. It was taken in the middle of the day and I had a couple of towels wrapped around me and this was a first attempt.

[img]Spooky towel man Towel_12[/img]

OK, so you can clearly see that I am wrapped in a towel, but this was taken in daylight so the camera is not struggling too much. I will try again later under the artificial light of the house in the evening and I can guarantee it will look more ambiguous.

Can I just make it clear that I am not trying to question the validity of Nikki's photograph, I'm just expanding on the discussion.

Regards,

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Robb

And thanks for the lovely picture of you in towels , once again you have proved why you are our tech manager , and you have a very valid point , can't wait to see the picture you take in the dark.

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:06 pm

do we get to see one without the towels? affraid

that may possibly be even spookier lol!
Back to top Go down

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:07 pm

hi u look like daf vader but in white. very good point how easy it is to fake a picture. but the thing i noticed where the light is coming from on the origonal shouldnt there be a shadow on the wall somewhere or is the light in a different place? lol id like to see how difffernt light can make a difference Very Happy

Matt
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi all,

So this is the photograph I took in low light conditions:

[img]Spooky towel man Spooky12[/img]

Same sort of thing, just a bit more indistinguishable!

Lol Matt, that's exactly what came into my mind when I first looked at it, a cross between the troopers and vader from star wars!

With regard to the shadow, I don't think the light from a standard, or should I say average, houshold light would be strong enough to cast a really distinct and noticeable shadow in this particular case, plus the length of the exposure would also probably halve a moving shadows opacity, or should I say boldness. There is also the glare of the TV reflecting around the room from the left which would also soften any shadow being cast from in front. But good point, nice to see analysis!

I think next I will attempt to fake a high quality photograph using my expensive camera, I reckon I can create something pretty impressive, but I guess you guys will be the judge of that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Robb!
Nice one Very Happy !
Obi Wan Kenobi is alive!!!Spooky towel man Starwars_22

I really enjoyed reading all this, a really good idea to show us how fake pictures can be created.... (with a huge amusement factor as well Wink )

Hope to see more "fakes" soon,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Sponsored content

Spooky towel man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spooky towel man   Spooky towel man Empty

Back to top Go down

Spooky towel man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
visions  :: Ghost Talk :: Paranormal Photo´s-