visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
A few questions for a starter..... EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
A few questions for a starter..... EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
A few questions for a starter..... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
A few questions for a starter..... EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
A few questions for a starter..... EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

A few questions for a starter.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Danodanz
Orb
Orb

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-03

A few questions for a starter..... Empty
PostSubject: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 am

Hey guys, I've been trying to launch a ghost hunting show of my own for literally a year now (Or at least, that's when the idea surfaced)

The idea of it is the most simple one imaginable.

Me, and my close friend with just the one camera. (Not trying to make any sort of anti-gadget statement, it's simply all we can afford!) We're toying with the idea of a third person just to lug around the camera, comforting reasons I s'pose you could call it.
So there's the ideal gimmick, two people, ghost hunting, and idealistically pushing some sort of boundaries, or at least pushing our luck.

I do have a few questions though as I'm about to get serious with this business now! No more toying about, or so I should hope.

1: Of course we have the one lowly camcorder (Sony Handycam DCR-SR32 I think it is) But what other innovative things are there that are virtually cost free, The only one I can think of is the flour on the floor technique.

2: What are the prime locations? We live in Plymouth and limited to Radford Woods, Plymstock right now.

3: How do we get taken seriously? We're limited to Radford Woods solely because I can imagine that nobody would want a couple of 21 year olds staying in their place overnight.

Any pointers will be fantastically appreciated! And any other form of advice, feedback and suggestions will be widely loved.

Dan
x
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:54 am

Danodanz wrote:

1: Of course we have the one lowly camcorder (Sony Handycam DCR-SR32 I think it is) But what other innovative things are there that are virtually cost free, The only one I can think of is the flour on the floor technique.

2: What are the prime locations? We live in Plymouth and limited to Radford Woods, Plymstock right now.

3: How do we get taken seriously? We're limited to Radford Woods solely because I can imagine that nobody would want a couple of 21 year olds staying in their place overnight.

Any pointers will be fantastically appreciated! And any other form of advice, feedback and suggestions will be widely loved.

Dan
x

hy dan,

i guess cost-free equipment is non existing in this world. even if you are building some electronic equipment for your own you need money to buy the parts.

scratch how you get taken seriuously? there is no ultimative answer for that question.
every gh-group or gh-persons have to be as honest and natural as he/she can be. i guess this is the first way..
yes, indeed, it will be difficult to find a "haunting" place and to ask the owners to stay there overnight for investigation, but yiu have to ask them, thats the only way.
no one else could do that for you.

yours maddi
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Danodanz,

As Madleine said, no piece of equipment is for free ... but you could have a look on ebay, there are some really good bargains out there. We just bought a really good dictaphone on there, the Olympus DS40, for just £10... the reason why it was so cheap was, because the batteries had leaked, but with a bit of cleaning it works absolutely fine. It's all a matter of keeping your eyes open for a good catch.

Not sure what you can do to be taken serious. A professional approach, not jumping to conclusions too quickly, but also research.

Maybe you could compensate the lack of equipment you could thoroughly research the location, also geographically (e.g what sort of stone is there, could it produce natural electromagnetic fields etc etc. The history of that place itself is interesting throughout the centuries... add pictures to the video, go to the archives and root through everything you can find about it. By doing that you automatically show that you take it serious which would certainly make a difference from the other ghost hunting videos out there.

I don't think expensive equipment is needed as much at the beginning and you can build up your stock after a while.
What is definitely needed, IMO, is a dictaphone and also a good audio program and good headphones.

Apart from that you only need common sense, patience and most of all respect, for if the park is really haunted, you are dealing with the spirits of people, still capable of feelings and emotions. Treat them the same way you would like to be treated.

The experience will come on its own... just stay open minded.

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Dan
Be leave me I know just how hard to get into this Since we Did PIL last year G.P.S. had had to work really hard to get into the press,
Sadly its all been down to the team trying as hard as poss to get noticed, emailing, calling, ect pushing & pushing...that's the way in goes mostly sometimes you get lucky and get a small break on locale TV, Radio, and newspapers you just have to keep at it.
Your concept is not new tho sadly to say GA (Ghost Adventures) are doing it...but it dose not mean that it wont work.. for you guys... Very Happy
Im not sure on what locations you guys have down that end but you may want to try look at maybe seeing if there are any open to the public place that are none for being haunted go along later evening so there is no one around, or even try asking if friends of friends know of any places you can get along to.
Research is the key get your info right before you film last thing you want if your broadcasting is to get names, facts, history wrong!
To be honest the one camera two guys would work you must have seen (GA).
Keep it real ppl want to see you as well be yourselves, natural keep it exciting!
Remember one thing you talk about pushing the boundaries do not be disrespectful towards the spirits these were real living like anyone else so show respect at all times.
remember your asking to once dead ppl to come a make contact with you crazy as it sounds.
Kit... really you dont need tones of kit to use what you have....a cheap compass is just as good a K11, or gusse meter pretty much the same thing, dig camera, torch, you can pick up really cheap EMF meter for less than £20 on ebay or other ghost equipment sites.
Use trigger objects if there a history of kids haunting take along toys ect,
Hope this is of help?
Back to top Go down
Danodanz
Orb
Orb

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks a bunch guys, this is all very useful indeed.

The only problem we both have is conflicting schedules of freedom (An ongoing problem which made me consider going it alone, but that'll be too terrifying for my liking!) Hopefully things will get sorted soon, It's shockingly difficult to get facts on Radford woods, would you believe!
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 am

LOL yes, we would believe it, because we've tried to find some information about it too ... last year I think that was.

You won't find much online, just the general information that the buildings at the lake used to be tea rooms. There are also a few pictures online from that time, but only two or three.

I am afraid that you don't get around some extensive dusty work in the archives (check online at the National Archives site for reference numbers ... saves you a lot of time)

Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Danodanz
Orb
Orb

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Thank you all for the advice, I will be taking this on board when my first investigation comes around tonight.

I'll be exploring Radford Woods, hoping to come across either The White Lady, or the Monk. Or any form of Paranormal Activity.

Wish me luck!

x
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:30 pm

cheers good luck , sweet !
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:35 pm

You want to try the old boat house , we took a look at that earlier this year and Steve saw a mist in the main room , but i think that you might get some visits from local youths they are always in the area , the evidence can be seen in the tower behind the boathouse.
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Danodanz
Orb
Orb

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 am

What Boathouse is that Ian?

We couldn't go tonight due to the extreme torrential rain in Plymouth, Sad
Which is a bit saddening but we have more time to prepare now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few questions for a starter.....   A few questions for a starter..... Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions for a starter.....
Page 1 of 1