visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Cave Theory EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Cave Theory EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Cave Theory EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Cave Theory EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Cave Theory EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Cave Theory

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz28
Orb
Orb

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Cave Theory Empty
PostSubject: Cave Theory   Cave Theory EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

For what it’s worth, I’d like to share a pet theory of mine that I call “cave theory” (although I’m sure plenty of people have probably beaten me to it!).

I’ve noticed that I feel uneasy when my back is to a doorway. It occurs to me that this must be a primitive instinct that we’ve retained from our cavemen ancestors who could have been attacked by wild animals sneaking up on them when they had their backs to the mouth of the cave. So when you’re on a ghost hunt and you get that sudden racing pulse and a gut feeling of being watched, it might be worth checking that you don’t have your back to a doorway or other open space.

The more we can debunk, the more convincing will be the undebunkable.

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Cave Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave Theory   Cave Theory EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 pm

Hello Liz,

yes, I know what you are talking about, I feel the same when I am standing with my back to an open door or even in the middle of a big room without a team member behind me. I am convinced, that it has to do with instincts, always being aware of the risk of being attacked by a predator.

For me, as a paranormal investigator, there is also another aspect to it, not only the feeling of being uneasy, but also the thought that I could miss anything important, the full bodied apparition, the door closing on it's own or the chair being dragged through the room.

What I find interesting is, that our team works so well together that we place ourselves automatically in positions where we can watch each others backs, by spreading out in the room/place, facing each other. This happens without words and I have to admit, it makes me proud in a way.

But if possible, I always try to stand with my back to a wall, tree or anything else big and solid What a Face

Greetings,
Hella

Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

Cave Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave Theory   Cave Theory EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi

I agree with Hella's comments .

I also think within the caves you always have that feeling of someone or something watching you and possibly due to the darkness and cold conditions in the caves and that psychological impression that you feed yourself.

That you so want something to happen or want to see something which raise and heightens your awareness and feelings.

Interesting theory Liz.
Back to top Go down

Cave Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave Theory   Cave Theory EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:00 pm

I think it's got something to do with the fight or flight instinct of always knowing where your nearest exit is. Rats for example if the are chase and can't see a way out will get themselves in a corner as it gives them an opportunity to see an exit and launch themselves towards it. I think it could be used as a good thing during an investigation as it heightens the senses and makes us mire aware of what is around us.

neut Smile
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Cave Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave Theory   Cave Theory EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Excellent point Liz and probably very true. So many feelings on investigations (especially when we know the prior haunting history) are subjective and an artifact of
our basic instincts. I've spent a lot of time in the Edinburgh vaults, Mary King's Close and Greyfriars Kirk seeing how easily people get hyped up and fool themselves into
turning shadows into spectres and thuds into malevolent communication. Your point about debunking is very refreshing to hear Smile

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cave Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cave Theory   Cave Theory Empty

Back to top Go down

Cave Theory
Page 1 of 1