visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Spectrogram  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Spectrogram  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Spectrogram  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Spectrogram  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Spectrogram  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Spectrogram

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Spectrogram  Empty
PostSubject: Spectrogram    Spectrogram  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:05 am

Hi All

I have come across a little software program that could be a help to us , this program analyses frequencies and sound waves , which when hooked up to a microphone should be able to tell on investigations whether there are any levels of infrasound present , as we know infrasound can be a cause of hallucinations.

So what exactly is infrasound , infrared can be extremley loud , but because we cannot hear it with our ears , we assume that its quiet, These ultra low frequencies can make you feel all sorts of things under long periods of exposure such as the feeliung of anxiety, uneasiness, sorrow, nervous feelings or fear and chills down the spine - all these symptoms are things that people report when saying that their place is haunted. If this infrasound frequency is around the 18Hz range - the resonant frequency of the eye - then people will often see shapes and objects out of the corner of their peripheral vision that disappear when they look directly at them.

There have been films where the soundtrack has used infrasound to produce disorientation and fear in the audience one such film is " irreversible ", i hope that this program may help us in the future not will we be able to then confirm levels of EMF but also infrasound, i will be testing this out on Saturday at the Saltash case and then i will be posting the results shortly afterwards .

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

Spectrogram  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectrogram    Spectrogram  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:37 am

found a meter that may be of use to us

a hand-held oscilloscope Twisted Evil http://www.tequipment.net/Velleman_HPS40.html

price looks good, and theres a few types to choose from

Also, some more info in Infra Sound http://www.spinvestigations.org/Infra_Sound.pdf

Happy reading

Kev
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

Spectrogram  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectrogram    Spectrogram  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 am

Hi all

Nice links and the gadgets look cool but the general idea is to be able to analys the data which you can do with the program on a laptop using a shotgun mic , connected to the laptop, this is not possible with meters , i wouldn't say that the prices are great minimum of £180 is quite allot and that's only the bottom range model, and to be honest how many more gadgets do you want to carry around , this let's you set up a laptop and record for hours lol
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

Spectrogram  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectrogram    Spectrogram  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 am

Ian wrote:

to be honest how many more gadgets do you want to carry around

I have 5 unused pouches on my tac vest cheers

I would have thought as far as equipment goes, would it not be better to have equipment to hand to analise in the FIELD, rather then trying to analise something later, i understand the idea with the laptop and software, but that is something that , like the DVR cameras, need to be placed in a spacific location, where as a hand held unit would alow for reading on the move

From what i understand, there is no 1 piece of KIT that will detect a spirit, but with the combimation of different results we can form our conclusion

im just trying to think out side the box scratch

for want of a better word, there is a "standard" array of equipment that is used in paranormal investigation, hopefully with additional gadgets we MAY better understand whats happening while on an investigation

as a team, we can adjust what KIT we carry when on an investigation, theres no need for every one to carry a K2 for example, so something different can be taken to ENHANCE our findings

Kev
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

Spectrogram  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectrogram    Spectrogram  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:43 pm

I do agree in a way, Kev.

But when it comes to a K2 or any other EMF detector, I think it is a MUST to have one with you all the time, just like a torch. a Dictaphone should be on each group, but not everyone should have one all the time.

The base kit on each group should be:
2 EMF detectors
torch for every person
2 Dictaphones
1 thermometer
1 video camera

Anything else will be a bonus.

Somehow I just can't get this EMF/Temperature monitor out of my head.... a Gadget, that would combine all this, plus infra sound, humidity, and whatever else could be useful, plus is able to be carried around easily... that would be THE ultimate ghost hunting gadget. One thing for all.
If it could also be hooked up to a laptop, so we could run it through a program... perfect. So one hand for the Dictaphone and one for the "ghostfinder's UG (ultimate gadget) ... et voila, infrasound included.

But I am dreaming here Wink and getting a bit off topic.

A combination of infra sound with an EMF/Temperature monitor, plus DVR cams would certainly help a lot to get better results, especially because it would measure permanently, always under the same conditions. The question is, how could we get a monitor like that working with a longer cable, so we can monitor up to 4 different area from the HUB and not having to place a laptop wherever a DVR cam is?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Sponsored content

Spectrogram  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spectrogram    Spectrogram  Empty

Back to top Go down

Spectrogram
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
visions  :: Ghost Talk :: Paranormal News-
Jump to: