visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Top 10 most haunted roads in the country

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:15 am

Hi All

I recieved an email from a PR firm requesting a list of the the top 10 most haunted roads in the country , which i have allready finished , this is to be published to all major news desks around the country and there is also a survey being conduct in conjunction with Castrol oil for halloween.

We will be on all of the promotion material that is prodced for this, which may help us .

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:30 am

Awesome,

hopefully we can find some new places to investigate

Kev
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:35 am

Hi Kev

There is allready one that i would like to investigate and that would be the B3212 on Dartmoor , where the legend of the hairy hands started , that has been a legend for over a hundred years , would be good to camp up there and see what happens overnight .

Antbody else game for that one?? .

Last edited by Ian on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:30 am

isn't the hairy hands story based on the road to Princetown on Dartmoor?

yup, thought so...
Quote :
The Hairy Hands is a ghost story/legend that built up around a stretch of road in Dartmoor, United Kingdom, which was purported to have seen an unusually high number of motor vehicle accidents during the early 20th century.

Since around 1910, drivers and cyclists have reported suffering unusual accidents between Postbridge and Two Bridges. In many cases, the victims reported that their vehicle had jolted or swerved violently and steered off the side of the road, as if something had taken hold of the wheels and wrenched it out of their control.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_hands

and a map...
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=two+bridges+dartmoor&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=14&ll=50.563722,-3.939371&spn=0.024044,0.083771
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 am

Yes Steve , as usuall you are straight there with the correction , i wrote cornwall probably because that was the last incident that i was researching for the castrol list , print mistakes can happen .
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:08 am

no worries mate.. I just hope the Castrol gets it right Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Ian
interesting stuff....would be good to do a few more outside locations roads and highways...no one to ask if we can to them as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 am

I agree Phil, but as you know they are always difficult to manage and control. Beachy Head was a very difficult investigation if you remember and a dangerous one. I wouldn't want to be stuck on the moors of Dartmoor alone with you lol....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:47 pm

hey cheeky git...lol.. Very Happy ...your snoring would be worst .... lol!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:11 pm

I must admit that the hairy hands legend would interest me , i would have no problem camping there in the summer , maybe thats something that we could do next year , then afterwards we could move on to princetown and take a look at the cemetary there that is supossed to be very haunted .

Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Yep, Princetown would be great, Ian.

Shame that we would have to stick to the cemetary only.. the prison itself with all its executions that took part in the past... what an awesome place for an investigation would that be.
But the cemetery sound still good.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Thats the only problem with investigating outside it's a uncontrollable environment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 most haunted roads in the country    Top 10 most haunted roads in the country  Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 most haunted roads in the country
Page 1 of 1