visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
I don't Know if this has been put up EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
I don't Know if this has been put up EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

I don't Know if this has been put up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

I don't Know if this has been put up Empty
PostSubject: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:00 pm

the Girl in the fire

[img]http://www.ghostshack.com/test/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fire_girl_lg.jpg[/iimg]

Larger version: http://www.mysteriouspeople.com/Text.htm/images/pic8.jpg

Amateur photographer Tony O'Rahilly took the snap while photographing a blaze which destroyed Wem Town Hall in Shropshire on November 19, 1995.

After developing his film, Mr O'Rahilly claimed he had captured an image of a young girl wearing old fashioned clothes standing amid the flames staring into the camera lens.
Mr O'Rahilly, who died in 2005, always denied doctoring the photograph - nicknamed the 'Wem Ghost' - and the image made headlines around the world.

Locals even claimed it was an apparition of 14-year-old Jane Churm who accidentally set fire to the town hall in 1677.

But eagle-eyed Brian Lear, 77, has finally put an end to the mystery after he noticed a striking similarity between the spooky shot and a girl in a postcard which appeared in his local paper.

The postcard, printed in the Shropshire Star's Pictures from the Past section, shows a street view of Wem in 1922.

A young girl standing in a shop doorway on the left handside of the picture bares an uncanny resemblance to the Wem Ghost.

Mr Lear, a retired engineer and taxi driver, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, said: ''It is interesting to compare the two pictures.

''I was intrigued to find that she bore a striking likeness to the little girl featured as the Wem ghost.

''Her dress and headgear appear to be identical.''

The 'Wem Ghost' led to a plaque being placed on the newly built town hall and Wem was briefly renamed 'Ghost Town' attracting hundreds of tourists every year.

Wem postcard:
I don't Know if this has been put up I5yt4w

Article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7736060/Ghost-picture-mystery-resolved.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:02 pm

apparently its fake?
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:52 am

Wow, took them long to find that out then LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:55 am

I thought it was debunked as an optical illusion from a burning rafter?
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 am

Hi All

I suposse that we will never know whether it's a fake or real there were alot of explanations for this including the ones mentioned below .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 am

Its pretty spooky isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi
to be honest i cant see anyone could say theses girls are the same person....that old photo is hard to make out anything from the photo above even if you zoom in this little girl could be anyone form that time....but there again i could be wrong....?
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:57 pm

This is the girl from the postcard seen next to the girl in the fire - pretty identical I'd say.

Occam's Monkey
Attachments
I don't Know if this has been put up Attachmentwemtownghostsolved.jpg
Wem Town Hall Ghost comparison
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(45 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't Know if this has been put up   I don't Know if this has been put up Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't Know if this has been put up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
visions  :: Ghost Talk :: Paranormal Photo´s-
Jump to: