visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Sound... stereophonic grooves..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Sound... stereophonic grooves.. Empty
PostSubject: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 am

Just found this;
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread553680/pg1

Especially when we have all been talking about sound and images pssibly being recorded into the very materials that surround us.

This is a new field and I feel we must be a part of taking that step towards it.

The next thing will be to find ways or equipment that can help us discover this hidden potential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 am

Hmmmm “Archaeoacoustics” hey!

This sounds like an interesting topic that falls within the remit of the 'Stone Tape Theory'....

I found the article insightful and yes G.P.S need to keep an eye on it and take steps towards it.

I would like to know what John West has to say about it all.

Thanks Steve!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks for the link Steve

i agree , very interesting and we should keep an eye on it , but we have spoken about that before , its just a matter of finding or building the right piece of equipment to able to capture it .

I am sure that there is alot more to this than meets the eye .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:52 pm

yup, without a doubt.

There has to be kit readily available which can be used or modified for the use of.
It would seem that universities and the like would have such kit in order for these trhings to be discoverd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi guys, interesting article I do have some views, thoughts and ideas on this, but I'm writing this on my phone and it would take me all night to complete lol . I'm going to do some digging, get my tech books out and put some ideas forward for possible experiments so give me a couple of days and let's see.Smile

neut Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:41 am

I've been thinking a lot about the ideas bassed on the thought that sound can be recorded and storded within certain materials surrounding us, and also the possibilites of having devices that could play them back.

Have a look at this extract.

"The phonautograph is the earliest known device for directly transcribing sound. Invented by Frenchman Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville, it was patented on March 25, 1857. It could transcribe sound to a visible medium, but had no means to play back the sound after it was recorded. The transcriptions, called phonautograms and phonoautograms, were first successfully played in 2008, thanks to computers.
The device consisted of a horn or barrel that focused sound waves onto a membrane to which a hog's bristle was attached, causing the bristle to move and enabling it to inscribe the sound onto a visual medium. Initially, the phonautograph made recordings onto a lamp-blackened glass plate. A later version (see image) used a medium of lamp-blackened paper on a drum or cylinder. Another version would draw a line representing the sound wave on a roll of paper. The phonautograph was a laboratory curiosity for the study of acoustics. It was used to determine the frequency of a given musical pitch and to study sound and speech; it was not understood at that time that the waveform recorded by the phonautograph contained enough information about the sound wave that a playback mechanism could be used to recreate that sound."

Something to take into consideration is that sound is an energy and energy is eternal, never ending. so although it may relflect and be absorbed within space, whats to stop a small part of that residual energy being stored which at some point "reflected" or played back at a later time.

I've also been thinking that when screams, cries, shouting, music is heard and unexplained in these old buildings, it helps reinforce the fact that sound or energy levels are a lot louder and higher than someone just talking.

What about the possibilities that spirits are attracted to certain materials. I wonder what the acoustic properties of these materials are and I wonder how close they are to magnetic tape.

So what I'm starting to think what if there is the possibilities that residual audio has been captures and is lying there within buildings untapped and ready for playback,

what if playback does occurr, via certain frequencies triggering a resopnse from certain building materials (where the residual sound is stored) for example the low rumble from a truck going by could be just enough to trigger playback through the materials. Maybe we could do some experimets with frequency sweeps on an investigation and see if theres a response.

its taken 140 years for technology to catch up to the playback of the first mechanical recording so it certainly opens up the possibilites of what is actually out there with regards to the capture, storage and playback of sound within a building.

what do you think? Sound... stereophonic grooves.. Icon_biggrin

neut Sound... stereophonic grooves.. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I think that's brilliant.

A certain material may need to oscilate at the right frequnecy in order for it to play back..The recording is always there, always will be..it just needs the correct moment to play again.

And yes, a person walking by (body heat/footsteps) could be all that is required to force a playback.

Tuning forks might come in handy... just an idea..
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi,

A very interesting article that is Steve!!!

About 2 years ago I've seen a documentation about Stonehenge, where they built an exact replica of it (although not made of the same stones) the way it originally was, with all stones standing and in the right order. Even though they used a different material (I think it was this very soft white plaster based building stone ... would have to look it up if I find the time), it was amazing how it was in line with the moon and sun phases... more the moon phases, this is why they reckon, that it might have been used for burial and any kind of rituals concering death and spiritual world but also fertility (as far as I remember).
But what they also found out by measuring sound frequencies in the original stone circle and, by concidering the reconstructed original shape of the stones in the replica, that it was cunningly designed for sound effects, such as the soundproof outer stone ring, which kept most of the sounds, like chantings and prayers inside the circle or distorted them that way, that they sounded eerie. This lead to the theory, that only an elite of people, such as priests, were allowed in the inner circle/s.

@John

I totally agree... having the "stonetape Theory" in mind, I am sure, that there must be a way to get hold of the recorded energy/sounds. Not being a sound technician myself, common sense tells me, that there must be a frequency of some kind, that sort of triggers a replay of those recordings. The question is: Which frequency?

Or are those recordings permanently played back, but we just don't use the right equipment to capture them?
But there's another thing, something that doesn't quite match there... what about residual hauntings, that only occur at a certain time of the day/week/month/year? They are "time-bound" and would they be able to be also triggered by a certain frquency?

Talking about frequencies leads me to the thought, that it must be possible to also trigger interactive hautings/spirits by frequencies.... by using them as an aid for them to communicate, a bit like white noise, using the sound wave as a kind of transportation aid for the probably weaker spirtual soundwaves/frequencies..... again the question: which frequency would that be then?

Correct me, if I am wrong there, but it think for that we would need a kind of device, which sends out frequencies but is also able to record replies immediately (look who's so un-techy here Sound... stereophonic grooves.. Fresse ). Is there anything (affordable) on the market already or would we have to modify or invent one ourselves?

(Am I talking rubbish here???? It's so hard for me to put all my thoughts on that into English)

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:28 pm

"Correct me, if I am wrong there, but it think for that we would need a kind of device, which sends out frequencies but is also able to record replies immediately (look who's so un-techy here Sound... stereophonic grooves.. Fresse ). Is there anything (affordable) on the market already or would we have to modify or invent one ourselves?"

Thats what I was talking about with regards to running frequency sweeps. We could do it with a laptop and loud enough speaker, run it through a huge frequency spectrum maybe in intermitant bursts and see if ther is a reaction. Could we do that somewhere, where voices or cries are heard on a regular basis?
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes Neut, I believe that is possible..

We already have digital recorders that can do half the job... the harder part is getting a broad spectrum of sounds pumped out... although this, in itself, is not impossible to do.

You can simply have a loud speaker connected up to an amp and have a recording of sounds play out... everything that would also include ranges that only dogs etc can hear.. We know how sensitive dogs can be to things, so if we try to include these frequencies then we might strike lucky.

Once we have run several tests, and if we get a result, then we will learn at which frequencies work best..

we can time the evp recording with the frequncies being played.. so if a set range of sounds last for 30 seconds, then we will know we only hacve to record for 30 seconds, but it might be worth recording for longer in case of any delays and also it might require several attempts on one location.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm

The process is really easy. We can get the frequency bursts using sine waves. The only is is if we are to use sounds lower than 20 Hz we would need a massive speaker low enough to play them. An alternative wouldbe to create a frequency response which could create natural harmonics which could produce the frequencies using the room itself.

I have a handheld theromin at home we could something like that or as I mentioned earlier a laptop sweeping through the frequency bands
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:08 pm

LOL allright... whatever.... my mind is looking for a location to do that.. I'd say some really old castle, preferably derilict, somewhere in the far, far outback, no farms with cats and dogs around, no houses, ... nothing. You don't want people turning up with the police, looking why their animals went mad and because of the eerie sounds coming from our location.

Wouldn't that castle that we did last summer be good for something like that? It is old enough to house lots of residual energy and it seems to be haunted, too.

LOL and you guys can keep on discussing the technical matters ... I'm out. Will follow your exchange with interest though ... can only learn from it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sound... stereophonic grooves..   Sound... stereophonic grooves.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound... stereophonic grooves..
Page 1 of 1