visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:29 am

Yet another medium leaves Most Haunted and spills the beans on the show.

Statement from Chris' Website

Quote :

I'd like to start by thanking you guys for all the love and support you have given me since the start of my Most Haunted adventure :-) However, I feel I can no longer continue as Most Haunted resident medium. I appreciate the chance given to me to work in television and I plan to continue to do so in some other show.

I had the decision to make between fame/money V's My beliefs and principles. I won't go into details but I couldn't be a part of something I didn't trust. Too many things were happening contrary to what I was picking up or at times picking up no spirit activity at all.

I thought it wrong to agree with the fans criticisms of the show while picking up a pay cheque from Antix Productions. I feel that we were either the luckiest paranormal investigation group in the world or the tapping’s, stone throwing etc wasn't paranormal. This is of course my opinion and is in no way any accusation of fraud on my part. My decision was made for me when I realised that on receiving my call sheet on a Friday the venue was being written on it for this series. I am strongly against any advanced knowledge of where I’m investigating (unless it is made clear I know). I opened the files and looked up my hotel whilst having to ignore the rest of my call sheet. This meant I felt like I wasn’t fully involved.

I also feel that I wasn’t involved enough in the actual investigations. If I didn’t manage to pick up all the information in the first 15 minutes I’d lost my chance. Even bringing stuff through at the hub wasn’t being aired. This I felt was not fair on myself or the fans.

I understand that many people don't believe in mediumship and feel we should not have been used on the show. I respect this viewpoint and I feel that every belief system has to have a balanced argument. If everyone was a believer it would be open to abuse. However, if everyone was a sceptic it would mean that we may miss some important phenomena.

I realise that this statement may invite some mud slinging from Antix Productions but it is my opinions and the truth as I see it. I feel my fans (and Most Haunted fans in general) deserve to hear my truthful reasons for leaving the show. I refuse to walk away with an excuse of why I left, in the hope it will prevent my name being tarnished by others.

Blessings

Chris

Can't say i'm not surprised.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Guys

Well i think that its good that he has come clean like that , good on him maybe that will open the eyes of certain people in the media buissness to what is really going on , it takes alot of guts to make a statement like that in the open , i think that he is the first to come clean from the show , and in real fans eyes his name will not be tarnished at all .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Well, here we go... another medium left them. They raeelly have an astonishing wear and tear when it comes to mediums, I think.

Personally I think, that this is a shame. Most of the mediums they had/have are really good... and YES, even Derek Acorah is a good medium, never mind his, what I find, quite weird way of performance... so, I think it is a bloody shame how they treat them, drag their reputation in the dirt for the sake of entertainment.

We've experienced it ourselves, didn't we, how good evidence and key factors and important information of an investigation get lost in editing. Just think about RTL.

So, Chris has my full sympathy. I hope, that this taught him to keep his fingers off dodgy programs like MH in the future.

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:21 am

Hi there,

Most Haunted has certainly lost its way, since the beginning of series 4 i would say, although 3 was sketchy in parts. I was a fan since the pilot show, and in later years scandal has often followed the Most Haunted crew wherever they go. I have now lost interest in the show and it seems they are flogging a dead horse. The early shows were great until the shams where discovered, and they fact that all the drama happened to Stuart raised my suspicion. Then he was caught throwing objects to boot!

Derek Acorah and David Wells where great for the show, but the continual influx of "guest mediums" has put the show to bed in my opinion. Its a shame, as it was the only thing worth watching on a tuesday night...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:18 pm

You should watch Paranormal State, Destination Truth, and Ghost Hunters!!!

They are brilliant in comparison to MH.

Try Extreme Ghosthunters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Barri,

Funny you should mention Ghost Hunters as Ive just got into that. Also been watching a program called Ghost Adventures where they investigate some hospital in LA. Linda Something Hospital. Creepy stuff! Watch a few Paranormal States but didnt click with it but I havent heard of Destination Truth. That'll be one to look out for!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:27 am

Hi All

I am a big fan of destination truth they are getting more into doing paranormal investigations now , which is excellent there is a serious side to it and also a bit of humour and they go to the best places in the world , they have just conducted a paranormal investigation on Easter island the most remote island in the world.

You need to watch that one.

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: MH   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 am

I personally stopped watching MH when they started messing about with the mediums - almost as if they were going through them until one was found that was compliant. There are other things which I would like to say about the show but must be careful as I would not wish to fall foul of any defamation laws, but as of now I'm still allowed to think what I want.

It is now just a loud, brash glitzy entertainment show that might as well be on at 7pm on ITV on a Saturday night. And I don't do them Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted Icon_biggrin

Ghost Adventures is a bit OTT for me too; GH & GHI so much more professional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted   Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Conway Walks from Most Haunted
Page 1 of 1