visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
what is this ? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
what is this ? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
what is this ? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
what is this ? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
what is this ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

what is this ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
acejase80
Orb
Orb

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-01-06

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:33 am

hello all... hope you all had a happy xmas and great new year... now onto why im here..
I took this picture with my 2mg camera phone with flash new years night.. its of my dad outside the garage.. the garage has no heat source in or around it and noone else was there as it was late. he wasnt smoking and nor was i. if it was hes breath it would come from underneath and it is too far from where i was to be mine or coming from wrong place. if you look closely it looks like a face in the mist or maybe its just me wanting to see it.. it was a clear night not foggy out icey.. can anyone tell me what they think this is or what it could be.. thank you... first is normal 2nd picture is circled where i can see a face.. forgot to say this has NOT been edited in any way to make it look like anything.

thanx all

what is this ? Dadoutsidegarage1

what is this ? Dadoutsidegarage2
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi,

and welcome!!

Looks like breath to me, the conditions are perfect!

Quote :
if it was hes breath it would come from underneath and it is too far from where i was to be mine or coming from wrong place

When you exhale outdoors say in December, the warm air from your lungs meets the cold air and turns the water particles in the air from a gas into a liquid form (condensation) basically making it look 'thicker' which is why you see clouds. Essentially the h2o particles in the air turn to water.

Anyway the warm air that is exhaled effectively turns into a mini independent cloud which floats off and eventually dissipates, so it is actually quite reasonable that the mist in the top right of your photo is a breath that was exhaled momentarily prior to taking the photograph, which you would not nessicarily see in the dark, then had made its way off upwards (hot air rises) just as the flash fired and illuninated it as the white cloud that it is!

As for the face, I'm afraid I actually dont see one Sad but consider this: how many times have you looked at the sky and seen faces? We are programmed to identify with human features, so we are very good at finding faces everywhere.

I think Hella has some good links for this, its called pareidolia I think...

Regards,

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
acejase80
Orb
Orb

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:54 pm

thanx for info what is this ? Icon_eek afraid i have never looked up at the sky and seen faces or people or animals only clouds , birds and rain oh and stars what is this ? Icon_biggrin

i have shown this quite a few places now and everyone has seen the face.. maybe you should of gone to specsavers what is this ? Icon_razz

thanx for your opinion tho.. very much appreciated..

bye
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:21 pm

No problem! We see alot of vapour here on Ghostfinder.
Back to top Go down

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 pm

I would have to say that I don't think it is condensation or breath.....

The misty image seems way to dense to be breath and also unless somebody was standing to the right of the camera it could not reasonably be breath from you, or or your father...

In this case Robb's detailed analysis of what is most common in these images is possibly not the case.

I have seen thousands of these photographs and many are very easily explained, but this is somewhat different. This not to say that Robb is wrong in his assumption, but in my experience and opinion I feel that it can not be debunked as easily as that.

Thank you for posting it acejace80... what is this ? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi Barri,

Forgive me but I must disagree!! what is this ? Icon_biggrin

From a technical point of view, I would say the reason why this vapor seems so dense is due to the extreme contrast between a black bakground and a bright white subject- the camera is confused and actually, as in many cases, has over-exposed the alpha levels making all things white, very white, to the point of actually glowing white. The effect of this overexposure and the juxtaposition with the black background (and a flash) makes the vapour look denser than it may actually be. Just look at the area surrounding the subject himself- there is almost a 'mist' encompassing more than half the image around him- this makes even thin air look dense!!!

If you look closely you can even clearly make out the skeleton of a tree (proof that I don't need to visit specsavers what is this ? Icon_biggrin) , which is actually clearer to see through the mist than it is to the left in the open air.

I'm just offering logical explanations here, as you know, I will always go out of my way to disprove something that could potentially be paranormal, only when its beyond all doubt will I concede... this certainly isn't one of those occasions!

Robb
Back to top Go down
acejase80
Orb
Orb

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am

Quote :
As for the face, I'm afraid I actually dont see one Sad but consider this: how many times have you looked at the sky and seen faces? We are programmed to identify with human features, so we are very good at finding faces everywhere.

but you dont see one so are you not programmed at finding faces robb what is this ? Icon_cry maybe if you opened up abit you would see it too.. sometimes it helps if you dont take it so serious.. all opinions are welcome none the less.. so thank you again

thank you barri for your comment its nice to have an open mind.. what is this ? Icon_biggrin

happy new year to you both what is this ? Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
Robb
Robb

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:08 am

I see eyes and maybe a mouth, but much in the same way as I do here, but you dont need glasses to see the face in this vapour cloud Smile:
[img]what is this ? Fortea10
what is this ? Url%5D
Happy new year to you also! what is this ? Icon_smile

No hard feelings, I hope you stick around on the forum!

Regards,

Robb
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 am

Great explanation Robb !!

And i can see your point very well with the extreme light results and i would say that you are right on that one , its one of the reason why we dont wear white on any investigations , it does tend to give you this white glare effect , and combined with the vapours makes it alot more lighter than it really is .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

what is this ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is this ?   what is this ? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is this ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
visions  :: Ghost Talk :: Paranormal Photo´s-