visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Haunted workplace EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Haunted workplace EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Haunted workplace EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Haunted workplace EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Haunted workplace EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Haunted workplace

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi all,
Some odd things have been going on at my workplace.

It's a bit of a large place and has been there for quite a while. I need to do some investigating as to what was on the site previously. I don't want to go into too much detail about where this place is as of yet as I feel it would be a bit of a good place to do an investigation.. would make for a kinda cool location due to recent events.

Anyway.. to give you an idea of what's going on..

It is not unusual to hear sounds of movement of either people or items, although it is obvious that nobody is around in these areas at the time...
I have heard my name being called 4 times by three different voices.
I have felt someone stood right behindme and cough.. turned to look as to who it is but nobody there.
Have seen two figures moving in one area.. One was in colour and had an air of calm about it whilst giving off a feeling of pride.. a bit like an overseer of some sort..but it didn't feel like a worker..more like a homely person..
The second figure was a fleeting grey/white figure that seemed to not really want to be seen or is afraid of something.. feels like a much older presence.. like it has been around this site for a long time.. definitely an adult.

The voices I have heard.. the first said my name once.. was a bit hard to tell if it was male or female..but it felt more female.. the second voice was male and called my name twice.. the third was a child.. either a young boy or girl.

I will be talking to my boss to see if it might be possible to do an investigation some night.. If so, then perhaps some of the members here would be interested in joining me..

The bonus is that the building next door will soon be vacated and it is almost the same size as the building i work in so it is quite a big site...

The location of this place is in Plymouth, Devon.. For those familiar with Plymouth, the floorspace of this building is roughly the same area as the old Woolworths shop in town centre.
That's all I wish to give for the moment.. it might turn out to be a bit of a surprise for some.. Smile
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello Extralien,

first of all a warm welcome to our forum.

That's a really interesting story.

I have to admit you made me curious. scratch

It would be interesting to know, if there are some more people, who had experiences there.

If the place is near the old Woolworth's , i would say that it was bombed out, if not flattened during WW2.

Please keep us updated about your findings in research of the buildings history.

Greetings,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Yes, we are all experiencing things going on.. We all talk about the things we hear.

Just yesterday my manager and I were loading a pallett with stock when we heard a female voice cry out..

It sounded like she was calling out for someone, but the word was not clear enough..

My manager asked me if I had heard what he did.

It is a very interesting place to be in... All these events are occuring during the day.

It is in the Prince rock area of Plymouth.. The local school there is about a hundred years old or so if i remember correctly. I will need to go to the library to look up previous history of the area. Not enough info online from my initial searches
Back to top Go down

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi
this all sounded very interesting...also it sounded like theses spirits want you to know they are there maybe you should do some evp work one evening or set up a camcorda and see if you can catch anything ,soundeds like ian & hellas team have other invesgation on your hands?!....hope its a good one!
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Phil.

Yes i want to leave recorder behind at night to do some EVP.. i can spend the day at work listening to it when I'm not too busy.

Have been saving up for a camcorder for a few months now, but other things get in the way..we all know how that is.. but I've seen a camvorder I like that has night vision (one of the Sony cams with a harddrive) .. it's second hand.. a bit pricey for my liking. but it will do the job Smile

I do listen out when i'm on site justin case there are other noises/voices.
Heard a door shutting today but forgot to ask other staff if they were in this particular area at the time.. but it could of been anything so I've put that one down to 'ah well, next time'....

I do have a bit of an ability to 'feel' in am empath type of way..
oh, which reminds me.. this could havebeen one of several things, but i did encounter an odd smell the other day.. my manager was near me at the time and I asked him to smell it too. The smell was like a really old musty aroma. it was quite pungent and warm.. like a room had been heated by sunlight and had increased the scent.. My boss thought it could be the dust on the boxes, which is a possibility but none of the boxes had been disturbed for a day or two and there was no sunlight reaching the area to wamr anything up...

There could be a few other options too, but too late now to check them out.. Will be sure to keep my nose clear in case this smell appears again.. Smile

It is quite an interesting place. I was rather impressed when me and my boss both heard the female voice..
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi

It would be interesting to know what was there all those years ago , i know that there was the old power station behind it , i will do some research into it and see what i come up with.

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:26 am

Quote :
Prince Rock Power Station was built in 1899
and shut down in 1974 there may have been a discharge of warm water into the estuary
(pers. comm. Tim Charlesworth, 1998). The new sewage treatment works has now been
developed in this area. At nearby Cocklebank land is currently being reclaimed for light
industrial use (pers. comm. Tim Charlesworth, 1998)
http://www.mba.ac.uk/pmf/pmf_updated_locations.htm
Prince rock power demolition

Prince Rock Power Station, Plymouth, with the newer Plymouth 'B' in the foreground.

Possible fortification at Prince Rock 1645

Quote :
CATWATER HARBOUR, on the south-east side of Plymouth, is the grand
outlet, through which the river Plym falls into the Sound, between
the Citadel and Mount Batten. It is capable of receiving a thousand
sail of merchant ships, but though protected by high hills, ships
have sometimes been wrecked in it, as was the case in the
tremendous gales of 1824 and 1828, when 20 vessels were stranded on
its rocky shores in the former, and 15 in the latter year. Above
Catwater, the estuary of the Plym, assumes a lake-like expanse,
called the Laira or Lary, and skirted by the groves
of Saltram, - the splendid seat of the Earl of Morley, (see p.
555,) whose predecessor erected at his own expense, the Laira
Bridge
, an elegant structure, consisting of five elliptical
arches of cast iron, springing from abutments and piers of stone.
The first stone was laid in 1824, and the bridge was finished in
1827. The centre arch is 100 feet span, and rises 14½ feet above
high water mark; and the other arches are two of them 95 and two 81
feet each in span. The roadway is 24 feet wide within the railings,
and 500 feet in length.

http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/Plymouth/Plymouth1850.html

A bit more info on Laira bridge
Quote :
Preparatory work for
the first Laira Bridge was started in 1824. It was to replace a very unreliable ferry crossing. The Bridge was privately
built, by John, 1st Earl of Morley, and thus subject to a
toll.
The first stone was laid on
March 16th 1825. It was engineered by James
Meadows Rendel
in cast iron with foundations of granite, limestone and a
water-resistant mortar.
http://www.plymouthdata.info/Bridges-Laira.htm

Image of Laira bridge toll gate from the Plymouth side
http://www.cyber-heritage.co.uk/bonnets/toll.jpg
This shows there was housing in that area, although I am yet to find any evidence of housing being on the location in question.. The female I saw did have a Victorian 'feel' about her.

There used to be a ferry port there too;
http://www.plymouthdata.info/Photos/Map-Laira%20Estuary.jpg
Another map showing Laira bridge and what looks like a few buildings in the location in question,
http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/Plymouth/Plymouth1879.GIF

It seems the area has been a general 'warehouse' type of place for quite a while, but it is proving a bit awkward to fix any positions using the internet searches, but does give us a partial history of the area;
Quote :
In the meantime the business was transferred to Cattedown, where,
under the authority of the Cattewater Wharves Act 1887, they constructed extensive deep
water wharves fully equipped with warehouses and the most modern machinery. Twice
the partnership was forced to enter into litigation with the Plymouth Town Council when
plans were put forward that would interfere with their rights, opposing both the
Cattewater Extension Bill and the Cattewater Wharves Scheme part of the
Plymouth Corporation Act 1905. [10]
http://www.plymouthdata.info/Business%20Houses-Burnard%20Alger.htm

It's a start, at least.. Will try to get more when i go to town and visit library.
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Tonight I have set up my camera and digital voice recorder in work.

Currently I only have 90 minute tapes so on long play I have three hours. Tape will end at 11pm tonight.

The digital recorder will be recording throughout the night until I get in work at 8am tomorrow.

I will continue to monitor this over a period of nights and, in time, different locations of the site.

I will be purchasing a bigger IR lamp this coming Monday/Tuesday too, so that will help a bit. The IR light on the cam has a range of approx 4 to 5 meters.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Well that sounds good , lets see what you get on there maybe you will get a surprise .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, I had the camera set up.. am still going through the video.. making sure I don't miss anything, although there is only three hours of film.

I left the digital recorder running all night and am currently six hours and twenty five minutes into listening to it all..

There are a lot of clicks, creaks, cracks of what I assume is the building etc. cooling down, although it was not a very warm day that day.
I was expecting some of this, especially after I had turned thelights out but after two hours and thirty minutes, the noises continue.. and they go on..and on.. and on.

I am still hearing all manner of clicks, bumps, creaks etc well into 6 hours of recording.

I have selected some of the most unusual and listed their time place in the file and editted them out into this little selection..
These cover the recording times of two hours thirty six minutes to six hours twenty four minutes.

Set 1 of odd knocks and bumps <---- link

I still have five hours of recording to listen too.. am still getting noises but not anything that really stands out as "wow"... yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 pm

This is the last half of the recording I made.

Set 2 of knocks bumps and stuff

That now completes the full 11 hours of recording and i have picked out the most unusual.
This set covers the time period from 2.30am to 7.30am

The full 11 hours is jam packed with knocks and bumps both near and far.
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Discovered something else about this site today.

Out on the main road, on the boundary fence, there is a memorial (bunches of flowers, stuffed toys, a photo and letters) to a couple of teenage girls who were killed in an horrific accident.

Apparently, according to a witness who saw the police operation after the accident, the police forensics team were picking up bits of flesh that were scattered across the car park.

I thought these two girls had died on the road.. apparently not..
I need to discover more of this story yet..
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator
Extralien

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Floor plan

Haunted workplace Dsc01311
Back to top Go down
Danodanz
Orb
Orb

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 am

Oh man! that place is like, 3 minutes away from where I live! Anything new happen as late? Never really put much thought into the industrial estate and such!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi There

we did actually investigate the place and came up with a few interesting things there , i still work there but it seems to have quietened down quite a bit since we conducted the inevestigation .

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haunted workplace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted workplace   Haunted workplace Empty

Back to top Go down

Haunted workplace
Page 1 of 1