visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Charles the 1st in Hampshire?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Charles the 1st in Hampshire? Empty
PostSubject: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:21 am

I was sent these pictures quite a while ago by the daughter of a bloke I used to know. They like to go out places at night and try to record EVPs and snap a few things. I can't remember exactly where this was taken but it won't be too far from Church Crookham in Hampshire.

Here's the original:

Charles the 1st in Hampshire? Image1

If you look in the left hand window there appears to be a face [zoomed in]:

Charles the 1st in Hampshire? Image1zoom

Ever the skeptic, I thought it was just reflection of the flash rather than anything paranormal. A quick emboss filter in photoshop shows [imo] there's no "depth" to the apparition, rather it seems to be part of the reflection of the flash:

Charles the 1st in Hampshire? Image1zoomemboss

It's interesting looking at other people's photos how you have to strain to see alot of the "apparitions" a bit like making shapes from clouds.

It would be interesting to hear other people's opinions on what I see as a random pattern!??
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Paddy,

if you look around for ghost pics on the internet, you se hundreds, if not thousands of similar photos.

And 99.9 % of them are just reflections (i would say)

The windows on your pic look quite old. it could be that the glass panes are not as even as they are in new windows, pollution, rain and other environmental influences could have corroded the glass a bit, which could make it scratched, blunt and uneven. When a flash gets reflected from a surface like that, it could cause exactly these effects.

(Does that sound stupid? I am not a glass expert, but i do notice things like that, when i clean my own windows Wink )

Might be an explanation.

Greets,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm

I can see what looks like a dog looking out of the window, or am I barking up the wrong tree (sorry)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 pm

arwen - you're quite right mate. It just so happens I am a glass expert having drunk many many things from glasses over the course of my life.. but old glass does sink over time through heat and the old style of making them. You've kind of made the point I wanted to which is that natural patterns occur out of what we consider to be randomness and the human brain tries to attach them to things we can identify with.

If you play squiggles or the cloud game with a 5 year old, invariably they'll make them into a person because that's their reference point in this world. As we get older we try to make sense of randomness even more often!

Neut - You're clearly barking mad and need to sit back and look again. Just a short paws perhaps... lol. My brain [which admittedly works slightly differently to most people, especially my girlfriend's on most occassions] immediately associated the "face" with Steve Coogan's Paul calf Laughing

Charles the 1st in Hampshire? Paul-calf

This was a genuine first post though as I find it intriguing that people immediately see a face/shadow of a body in these type of pictures and get terribly excited. I would LOVE to see something to convince me but there are always too many variables! Who was it that said "to the believer, no proof is necessary but to the non-believer, no proof is enough"??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi All,

I am currently studying a diploma course in Parapsychology and thought of this wikipedia article that sort of elaborates on what Paddy has said above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Regards,

Vinnie
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Hey Vinnie,

Thanks for the link, very interesting! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:50 pm

No probs just hope it is off some use!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am

For some reason it looks like a lions head to me, the sort you'd get on those old statues.......I'll get me coat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles the 1st in Hampshire?   Charles the 1st in Hampshire? Empty

Back to top Go down

Charles the 1st in Hampshire?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
visions  :: Ghost Talk :: Paranormal Photo´s-
Jump to: