visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Investigation 2nd June 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Investigation 2nd June 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi everybody,

I have decided to gather the team to investigate Donnington Castle in Newbury this Saturday 30th May 2009.

Donnington Castle is a ruined medieval castle, situated in the small village of Donnington, just north of the town of Newbury in the English county of Berkshire. It was built by Richard Abberbury The Elder, under a licence granted by King Richard II in 1386 AD.

It has seen many English wars, and was besieged several times during the English Civil War. All that remains of the castle today is the substantial four towered gatehouse, and the surrounding earthworks.

Investigation 2nd June 2009 21210

Investigation 2nd June 2009 005-pl10

Investigation 2nd June 2009 Donnin10

Ghosts of Donnington Castle -

In the 1990's a white dog was seen running down the hill from the castle towards the woods where it vanished into the air.

The gatehouse is home to the ghostly figure of a guard who appears in solid form and suddenly vanishes. A ghostly re-enactment of a Civil War skirmish has also been witnessed in nearby Love Lane.

The ghostly form of 'the Green Lady' (thought to be Lady Hoby) has also been seen by the castle gates. The ghost is said to ask visitors why the gates are closed, before suddenly disappearing.

A group of young campers witnessed the horrifying sight of an apparition of an elderly Royalist soldier with a young woman in a headlock, pulling her hair. Alarmed by this vision, one of the campers bravely shouted out at the Royalist cavalier to "leave her alone"; the phantom soldier then growled loudly and carried on pulling his victim's hair. When the startled group approached the apparition, the soldier stood back, and let out another almighty growl and both figures completely vanished.

G.P.S will be camping in those exact woods, and aim to debunk some of the experiences had by so many.

The Team on this investigation will be:

Barri Ghai - Lead Investigator
Rob Powell - Investigator
Matt Watkins - Investigator & Technical Co-ordinator
Toni Seale - Trainee Investigator
Sheena Prew - Trainee Investigator
John Bedford - Investigator
Bongo - Spiritualist Medium - (TBC)
And introducing NEW Trainee Investigators Steve Sweet and his wife Debbie. Steve is a police office of 10 years, and he and his wife have been investigating locations alone for a while.

As this is an outdoor investigation, suitable clothing for all conditions is advisable and a tent, sleeping bag and food is a must.

I will post more this week, and call each of you to discuss the details.

Very Happy

Last edited by Barri on Tue May 26, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Barri,

This sounds grat, I think this saturday is the 30 May.

Sheena x x
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Well done mate !!!

sounds great , and a cool place hope the weather keeps up for you .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:50 pm

My fingers crossed the investigation goes well!

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi all

Thanks Barri for the invite and to you all for the warm welcome.

This is a very interesting location when me and debs went there we experienced activity.
However the castle is off limits to the public due to health and safety.

This will be a goodnight for a open investigation and possible evidence.

Steve-debz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi Steve,

I am looking forward to seeing the photographs of the castle and grounds to get an idea of what to expect.

Camping in the woods should be interesting, maybe we should delve deeper into the history of the land and the battles that took place.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi Barri

Photos have been emailed to you.

Steve
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm

OOOOH! Shocked love that place!! Looks really, really promising.
And i have to admit: I am a bit jealous! I would love to join you on that one, but thatīs a bit far from us .

Hope the weather will be perfect for you, and the night will be warm, so you wonīt freeze your crunchey bums off What a Face Wink

Barri, if you want me to do a bit of research about it, tell me. I love researching castles!

Have fun!
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investigation 2nd June 2009   Investigation 2nd June 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Investigation 2nd June 2009
Page 1 of 1