visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th Empty
PostSubject: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello all,

I am arranging our next investigation for either June 27th or July 4th at the famous suicide spot of 'Beachy Head'.

Please indicate your preferred date by replying to the post.

Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th Beachy12

For those of you that do not know the facts about this location here is a brief guide:

• High chalk cliffs (575 ft/175 m), on the south coast of East Sussex, S England.

• The battle of Beachy Head, in the War of the Grand Alliance, was fought (1690) between an Anglo-Dutch fleet under the earl of Torrington and the French fleet under the comte de Tourville.

• The name Beachy Head probably comes from the French "beau chef" - beautiful headland.

• The headland was a danger to shipping. In 1831 construction began on Belle Tout Lighthouse on the next headland west from Beachy Head. It became operational in 1834.

• Since the 1600s Beachy Head has been notorious as a location for people to attempt suicide, estimated at 20 each year.

• After a steady increase in deaths between 2002 and 2005, in 2006 there were only seven fatalities, a marked decrease. The Maritime and Coastguard Agency attributed the reduction to the work of the Chaplaincy Team and good coverage of services by local media.

• Eastbourne Parish Register contains entries of deaths at Beachy Head dating back to 1600 and by the middle of the 20th Century there were an average of 6-7 deaths per year. At the tail-end of the 1990’s it had crept up to an average of 17.

• Between the years 1965-1989, an in-depth study of deaths at Beachy Head was made by Dr. John Surtees – a cumulative total of 250. His research looked into the causes of death, injuries sustained, factors relating to the circumstances of the deaths and the resultant verdicts.

Paranormal Activity:

Many apparitions have been seen including that of a mother and baby near the cliffs edge and a black monk who is said to beckon people to their death. Also many people report having the sudden overwhelming feeling of hopelessness and depression. It’s sinister reputation is well known and Witches were said to have held rituals to deter French invaders here in medieval times, and the term Beachy head is said to be from the French word “beauchef” the old word for beautiful headland, and before his death Aleister Crowley who lived nearby was to hold strange demonic rituals as part of Winston Churchill’s wartime “Black team “of occultists, at a part called the Devils Chimney.

Strange Deaths:

Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th Flower10

On January 9th 2000, Paula Ramsden, a 32 year old mother of 2 fell from Beachy Head during a night-time stroll with her husband. He had recently increased her life insurance from £104,000 to £225,000. He was also having an affair.

At the recent inquest into her death, the Coroner, Alan Graze passed an ‘open’ verdict. He thought that there was insufficient information available on which to pass a verdict of ‘unlawful killing’, but felt that there were doubts about Mr. Ramsden’s version of accounts to point away from her death being an accident.

Why Commit Suicide at Beachy Head?

If most of the deaths occurring at Beachy Head are due to suicide, why does the location present such a lure to desperate people?

It is clear that deaths at Beachy Head attract local and national publicity, and it has been shown that such publicity results in suicidal mimicry (Gunnell 1994 pp.1446-7). The lethality of injuries sustained from a 500 foot fall (Mason et al 2000 pp.313-326) appeals to some, whilst the ease of access (one can drive straight up to the edge in places) and lack of preparation necessary appeals to others.

I feel that based upon the tragic deaths and apparitions seen at this beauty spot, a paranormal investigation is needed!

It is likely to be a very difficult for the team in terms of logistics and emotion. The very nature of investigating a cliff edge and beach carries a high level of risk, which I will assess soon.

Absolute professionalism, respect, and consideration for self and team are greatly required at this location, and I will be speaking to each of you soon about it.

Please indicate your availability, and desire to be part of this investigation team by replying to the post.

The only people actively patrolling the cliffs are the Beachy Head Chaplain Team. Following this weeks tragic incident http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8077169.stm there will most likely be a media and police presence there at the site, but that should pass within a few weeks.

Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th 450px-11

Newcomer & Police Constable Steve Sweet has agreed to inform the police in Sussex of our actions to avoid any problems. He has a friend in that particular force.

Here is some information about the Chaplain Team at Beachy Head

http://www.bhct.org.uk/

BHCT patrols the notorious suicide spot of Beachy Head reaching out to the depressed and suicidal. As well as the Frontline Team which operates many hours of patrols at Beachy Head every week of the year, BHCT also run an On-call Team which responds to emergencies on Beachy Head 24hours a day 365 days a year. The team consists of 15 volunteer Frontline team members, 4 of which also operate the On-call Team.

BHCT also has a dedicated Aftercare team of 4 backed up by members of the Frontline Team. Team members come from a wide variety of local Churches.The teams operate closely with the Emergency services of Sussex, often working with Sussex Police and HM Coastguard on many of the incidents at Beachy Head.The team is funded by voluntary contributions alone and is supported by local churches, ministries, businesses and individuals as well as by our Monthly Partners. The BHCT is run by the Christian charity More Fire Revival Minis

Last edited by Barri on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8077169.stm

Sadly more bodies to add to that list!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi barri
sound like a very odd place....if poss 27th june would be best for me that will give me time to check and with some hope book the day off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm available on either date - but do we feel that a bunch of ghosthunters at this location wandering wround with torches in the middle of the night would possibly cause unecessary concern to the emergency services?? just a thought...

Tx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 pm

This sounds like an interesting place.

I'm available on either date.

Sheena x x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 pm

We would like to come to if we can.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Sounds like a really cool place! looks like safety would be a priority on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 pm

hi mate
im in germany on the 27th july would be better for me.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:27 am

I have added some further information and images to the main post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 8:01 pm

After checking my dates i cant make 27th june..but most prob can make 4th july ive booked this at work at the mo..but can change it if needed but not to the 27th june
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Barri

I made contact with the necessary authorities and informed them that GPS members will be attending the location to carry out an investigation.

They are quite happy that they have been informed of the event and that there patrols will not be hindered by us.

Think they are more grateful as the patrols finish at midnight and as we are there we may prevent any further suicides Laughing .

I have also informed them that the necessary Risk assessments will be carried out at all times and the health and safety will be paramount.

Just to help with matters I have got 2 high powered dragon light torches arranged just in case we need them for the event and a first aid kit if neccessary.

There is no requirement for the local police or Fire and rescue service to be made aware but out of courteousy i have liaised with there control rooms and they are happy that contact has been made with them letting them know.

So that is the relevant authorities informed.

Hope this helps

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:51 pm

I would love to be part of this investigation but were all to far away lol. My opinion is that you must be strong willed if a spirit is there to convince you to walk off the edge. I will have my fingers crossed and saying prayers to all the gods to help you on this one lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Barri
I feel I should come on this one especially because that poor couple recently died at this spot...so sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:56 pm

hi Stev
great work on this.....thank you, this will help loads glad to have you both with us at gps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am

Great work Steve,

I think this investigation will be very interesting, and I am glad that the appropriate authorities have now been informed. the date is subject to change however, and at the moment it is looking more promising for July 4th based on certain peoples availability.

I will be putting together a plan soon with some sort of risk assessment based on photographs, prior knowledge, and common sense.

Bongo I think it is imperative that you do attend this one please. Very Happy

More information will be coming soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th   Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th Empty

Back to top Go down

Beachy Head - Investigation June 27th or July 4th
Page 1 of 1