visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Scrying - Cases 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Scrying - Cases 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Scrying - Cases 2009   Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:30 pm

In reply to Barri's post in Cases 2009, I have tried scrying in the past. It was done holding a red light under the chin so that it reflects up onto the face. I will reserve judgement on this at the mo as I felt in these conditions and using this kind of light, it is easy for the eyes to play tricks on you. I would be happy to try this agian in the future if no one else wants to.

T x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mirror Gazing   Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 pm

The first instance of mirror gazing that we know of is with the ancient Greeks, who believed that under certain circumstances, they could interact with the spirits of the dead. In order to accomplish this, they constructed psychomanteums, or oracles of the dead, where those seeking to meet with the spirits of the dead could do so. They would use oil in huge polished bronze cisterns to gaze into in their Oracles. Oracles were large labyrinthine sub-ground structures which they visited on mystical and spiritual pilgrimages.They would stay in small, dimly-lit cells for prolonged periods prior to gazing into the depths of the oil. When they began gazing, their "reality circuits" were shut down to a great extent and their expectations did not include the physical world.

Unfortunately, there are long gaps in the history of mirror gazing. However, there are numerous vignettes that describe the role that mirror gazing has played in various different cultures throughout the world. These vignettes are taken from literature, mythology, religion, and politics and they will demonstrate that mirror gazing to contact spirits has served an important function for many different people.

We can find mirror gazing in the shamanic tradition throughout the world.

In Siberia, Tungus Shamans used copper mirrors to work with spirits. In their language, the word "mirror" is derived from the word for "spirit" or "soul", and so, the mirror was regarded as connected to the soul. In fact, the word Shaman, originated with the Tungus tribe.

The Shamans of Madagascar would use mirrors in order to contact spirits during their ceremonies. In this culture, it was appropriate to discuss any visitations with spirits and was usually done communally.

Nostradamus gazed into a cauldron filled with water or oil, or into dark mirrors. He also removed himself from the physical world prior to gazing. In short, the best experiences tend to come when the observer has suspended expectations and deprived him or herself of material concerns.

Blood was used as a gazing medium by the Pawnee Indians. When a tribal member killed a badger, they would pour the blood into a bowl, and during the evening, the children would look at their reflections. If they saw themselves with gray hair, it meant a long life. If the picture was indistinct, the child would die of sickness, if no picture was seen at all, the child would someday be killed by an enemy.

The Fez and the Zulus of Africa used mirror gazing by filling a vessel with water to see visions.

Shamans in northern equatorial Africa made medical diagnoses by gazing into a kettle filled with water.

A Celtic manuscript dating back to the twelfth century shares the adventures of an early king of Britain, named Lludd. He used cauldron gazing as a way to capture dragons.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Scrying - Cases 2009   Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:41 am

Hi Bongo

Wow !! you have done it again , thats really interesting information , i have tried the scrying mirror which was quite an interesting experience .

Thanks again .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Scrying - Cases 2009   Scrying - Cases 2009 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Yes it has a fascinating history and of course lets not forget John Dee (1527 – 1609) who was a mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occultist, and consultant to Queen Elizabeth I. He also devoted much of his life to the study of alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy.

One of John Dee’s most celebrated instruments for use as a practitioner was an obsidian scrying mirror. This can be seen today at the British Museum.

I researched the history of this fascinating subject in connection with the work I have been doing in the Psychomanteum - or Spirit Room. Will be publishing some of the results hopefully later in the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrying - Cases 2009   Scrying - Cases 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrying - Cases 2009
Page 1 of 1