visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
What got you interested in the paranormal EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
What got you interested in the paranormal EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

What got you interested in the paranormal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

What got you interested in the paranormal Empty
PostSubject: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 am

I got interested in the paranormal after having a couple of personal experiences a couple of years ago that i could not explain, and over the last 3 years that interest has grown and grown until i started doing my own research , and then landed here with ecto which changed it from being an interest to a hobby . affraid
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu May 01, 2008 5:12 pm

I go taken to a spiritualist church when I was young this sparked an interest then I started to research for myself and along with a few experiences I got hooked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu May 01, 2008 5:27 pm

I got interested in the paranormal as a child. I was unfortunately hounded by an unfriendly spirit for years and had several experiences that terrified me. I also began seeing, hearing, and communicating with spirits which has since developed. Although I haven't seen a ghost for a few years now, I still feel them around and hope for the puposes of this organisation I get to have a close encounter yet again, but this time armed with a camera, dictaphone, and a mean arse team of ghost hunting warriors. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyFri May 02, 2008 7:32 am

I got interested through Phantom and my youngest daughter. Phantom and I used to live in a place that was definitely haunted. He had several experiences there, some really frightening and even I experienced some strange things there. our little daughter seems to have the ability to see spirits, too, so together with Phantom i started to do a bit of research about ghosts and spirits, which lead to G.P.S.

G.P.S. is more than a hobby to me, it almost became a passion.

Now, here in this forum it is always a pleasure to exchange thoughts and opinions with like-minded people, without the fear to be called a freak. cheers

During the last four month we got to know a lot of nice and interesting people sharing the same interests some of them ghosthunters, like we are. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyFri May 02, 2008 8:12 am

as a kid i'd spend my life reading ghost storys, finding information on ghosts... As i grew up im fairly sure i had experances with spirits, strange things in the night.
Over a year ago, i started doing readings for people, not sure how it started but people i did it for were amazed by how accurate i was. i met lou my partner and moved in to her family home nearly a year ago, and her mum went to the spiritalist church. I joined her one evening a total secptic, and i really enjoyed it, found it relaxing. Soon became a regular fixture, and i became a beliving sceptic learning not all mediums are good or real. There are some amazing ones whos information blew my mind.
I soon joined the church and has been taking classes ever since, finding im really good with objects and learning new techniques. As a result ive become more sensitive to things around me and ive started to do paranormal investigations. I try to remain a skeptic, and i love the way taps do their investigations... though ive never done a full investigation, i cant wait to do it. ive found im good at doing drawings and writing information that comes to me and id love to test that out!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 am

I started from experiences as a child. I had an incrediable spirit start to communicate with me and become rather protective as well. He has saved my life more times than I can remember. I never really opened up to an other spirits until more recently. The only hard part is the more I open up the more you get to see everything the good the bad and the ugly Surprised I am so glad though that I have been able to find groups like this one that I can talk with and find help from.
I completely agree Arwen it is nice to talk with people and not be considered a freak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:37 pm

Great to read such interesting experiences on this thread. It is certainly true that every person has psychic ability if they choose they be aware of it. For me as a small child I realised that i could see people that nobody else appeared to be aware of. All these years later I find I have lost many of the skills I naturally possessed from birth but have learnt many new skills connected to the "unseen".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 9:33 am

Recently I have been aware that my abilities have developed again, and are becoming more acute. Being surrounded by a psychic team, has probably contributed to this and helped me to turn it all on again. I had chosen to close off somewhat but now realise that this gift is something should be developed and utilised in a more productive way. My position as Co-founder and lead investigator of this team brings with it the responsibility and well-being of the UK team, and for me keeping an open mind, and looking for tangible evidence is paramount in our efforts. I felt that my psychic abilities may have clouded or adversely affected my judgement whilst on investigation, but the opposite is true and I now feel that it can only enhance our teams abilities and benefit the opportunities we are privileged enough to be part of.

Thank you to all of you for your comments in this thread and maybe we developed our interests in this field to end up here together, working to understand the Paranormal and perhaps one day providing the world with the proof that ghost hunters have strived to achieve for hundreds of years. Was it fate that brought us together?

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:22 pm

I believe it is destiny that has bought us together and from here on only great things can happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:30 pm

From a personal point of view probably fear! Fear of the unknown, fear of the dark (as Iron Maiden put it! Guitar ).

I started off reading loads on the subject following one Christmas gift of a really cool collection of 'real ghost stories' (I still have it 20 years on!) and I also freaked myself out watching Poltergiest as a kid by accident haha.

So I thought what am I scared of? It's basically the unknown! My parents house has quite a negative energy about it. I used to struggle to sleep through the night(then again a lot of kids do and its not all paranormal I'm sure!) and would wake up to hear the kitchen cupboards opening and closing down stairs when I knew everyone was asleep. Not one to investigate it was duvet over the head time instead! There was also footsteps which would go along the landing when no one was there.

The activity peaked with one night seeing a very heavy glass lampshade swing by itself whilst my cat looked on with fur up and tail bushed out. The lampshade itself is too heavy to be moved by a breeze and bolted to the ceiling! I tested it the next day and had to keep moving it with my hand to get any motion!

Things seemed to stop with the passing of my grandmother. A few years ago I had a reading done and the person told me that my grandmothers spirit had removed whatever was there before.

This really peaked my interest and I discovered that others were interested too! So I've kept up my reading and when I could afford to stayed at haunted places.

Being as sensitive to spirits as a piece of wood I can only go off what my other senses tell me as in eyes, ears etc. So I've seen, felt , heard and smelt things but I'd love to find more. Plus to find out more about the theories of why and how and who knows even open myself up more than wood level sensitivity!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi
like some of you mines strated when i was a kid..living at number 19 highfields (read my post in ghost storys)
I never really thourgh i had any powers in the paranormal..until the last few years..when i saw things others around we didnt i was thinking it was nothing and just my imagention running wild..but as time went on i realized there was somthing going on....like the film..."when do you see them"? ...."all the time"!
at first likw anyone would be i lived in fear..from day to day and that was hard..for a very long time sceard to say anything worried that peolpe would think i was mad....not anymore not since joining gps...
Now i feel i can open up and not feel sceard...
A lot of things have happened to me over the years paranormal wise....living in that house opened my eyes seeing that blue lighting....was one thing!
feeling you was never really alone in that house hearing somthing walking around seeing things moving before my own eyes day to day i dont care what people say i know what i see ...and seeing them is as real as i see any living person and i know what i feel and hear!
phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:41 pm

tbh from a young age i used to draw monsters and i remember always getting told off by my teacher, she even asked my mam why i always drew them and my mam asked me, i just said cos i like them!!

when i got a little older i met some new friends in middle school and we'd always talk about ghosts, ufos and other strange creatures, always reading books etc on these subjects.
we would go to "haunted houses" prob just empty when i think back but it was so much fun..

we always said we'd get van and go to different haunted houses when we got older, i lost contact with those lot but i decided to do it myself (although i aint got a van haha)

i've had some experiences in the paranormal, but i still hope to see more in the future..

one sun night when i was about 11 i was sitting at the kitchen table eating my tea when i felt something touch my leg i looked down and saw a little black dog going a tad grey on it's snout looking straight up at me, then it just vanashed!! i asked my dad if my grandad was here? (as he had a little black dog) and he said no, i told him what i had seen and he just thought i was talking rubbish.

it wasnt until a couple of years back i was talking to my mam and she said her house was haunted, i asked if she had seen anything? she said a little black dog in her room!!

another time when i was staying at my ex-wifes mothers i was in bed asleep when i woke up and saw a figure of a "well made" lady standing in the doorway, i thought it was my mother in law but when it just vanished i screamed out as i got such a fright.

the following morning i was talking to the next door neighbour and described this woman i'd seen, it fit the description of the old lady living there before who'd died..

seen and heard other weird things but i wont bore you's any more lol Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm

I got interested in the paranormal after having to stop my car on the way home from work after seeing "something" glide from left to right out in front of me.

Also, this might sound weird but I am constantly seeing things out of the corner of my eye, like shapes rushing past me.

And of course this got me into s certain TV program which has lost the plot so that is why I am here with "The Experts"

maybe one day I will find out just what it is i keep seeing.

Regards all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 am

hi mayhem, welcome to the board, i get that alot too, lights, shadows plus various other things and if im honest i've been getting it more since i've been going out doing investigations, it could also be my mind playing tricks as i think about stuff like that alot and it may just be paranioa lol What a Face

am i ok to add you on msn, im always interested in discusion of these sorts Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:55 am

Hiya Triplow,

It is really strange aint it!! i get a bit worried at times I must admit.

Npo probs adding me on msn
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:32 am

Hi Mayhem and Triplow

Well thats not new that you guys maybe seeing more than you did before , i think that when you are so interested in the paranormal and taking part on investigations i think that you are opening yourself up to more , there is a saying "If you notice them, they will notice you back" and i think that it is very true .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What got you interested in the paranormal   What got you interested in the paranormal Empty

Back to top Go down

What got you interested in the paranormal
Page 1 of 1