visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Best Paranormal Show EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Best Paranormal Show EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Best Paranormal Show EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Best Paranormal Show EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Best Paranormal Show EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Best Paranormal Show

Go down 
4 posters

What is the Best Paranormal TV Show?
Ghost Hunters
Best Paranormal Show I_vote_lcap78%Best Paranormal Show I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Living With The Dead
Best Paranormal Show I_vote_lcap0%Best Paranormal Show I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Paranormal State
Best Paranormal Show I_vote_lcap22%Best Paranormal Show I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Most Haunted
 0% [ 0 ]
The Haunting
 0% [ 0 ]
Ghost Hunt
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Best Paranormal Show Empty
PostSubject: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:24 pm

For me its got to be Ghost Hunters. I think the way they go about their work is brilliant. They only go for the hard evidence and if this show is a con i will be disappointed lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm only voting out of the ones i've seen and Ghosthunters (TAPS) is way up there at number 1! Most Haunted ruin it for the rest of us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 pm

I love Paranormal State and TAPS....

They are both very different but make equally great TV...

What I like is the debunking that TAPS carry out, and the amazing results that they have obtained through EVP and thermal cameras. P.S is a great show also for different reasons. It touches upon a lot of the more spiritual side to paranormal investigations, and brings in elements of religion.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:14 pm

I like TAPS and GHI most, also Paranormal State.

As for Most Haunted i have to say: What a load of Best Paranormal Show B8m0wfgkahng6yctj Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I mean, fair enough, that they make the subject Paranormal known to the public, but with their "screaming nostril cams" , not showing the evidence they collected and their known attitude, that it doesn´t matter if a situation is faked, if only they get the quotes right, by showing eerie situations or "seem-to-be" paranormal activity, they are just a bunch of fakers, yelling their heads off about every creaking board and every knock they hear. Their lack of credibility is enormous. What a waste of great locations, to let them investigate them.

Not to forget the fact, that it was THEM, who destroyed the chances for investigation teams like us (non-profit making teams) , to go to the really good places. Wherever Most Haunted was, the places charge money now (most of them), if a team want´s to investigate. Most of the teams are not able, some of them, like us, not willing to pay these, sometimes horrendous prices.

ARGH! I HATE MOST HAUNTED!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:00 pm

arwen wrote:
ARGH! I HATE MOST HAUNTED!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I know what you mean, its getting more and more ridiculous. I thought the episode where the manican had supposedly thrown a ball of string was laughable.

I've only got BT Vision though so I haven't got a lot of choice Boo Hoo Sad

When i did manage to watch a couple of episodes of TAPS I did prefer it.

Are they still plumbers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 pm

TAPS is my favorite by the way they operate. Calm, Collected and always rule out everything they can before saying if the location it haunted or not.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:26 am

There could possibly be a change of opinions with in the next 2 weeks i think to which show is the best if you get my drift lol, and i will have to add another program to the poll .

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:38 pm

amen to that Mr Wilce! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Guys

The choices are good but i actually prefer Ghost hunt.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 am

For me no TV programme will capture any real evidence of the paranormal - why? because as the more serious investigators on this site already know - ghosts/phenomenon don't
perform on cue for film crews. What's more they don't make distinctions and that means whether you're Spielberg, Hanks, Cameron or Beattie behind the lens they're not gonna
do jack unless you create them to Wink

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 am

Hi Phil

Well the problem there is that a certain TV programs have given paranormal investigations a bad name and the viewers the wrong impression , you are right nothing can happen on command like allot of people are led to believe , an hour of nostril shots, screaming and running for it lol , its definatly not like that , i would compare it with fishing , "you never know how long you are going to wait and you dont even know whether you are going to catch anything".

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Laura
Orb
Orb
Laura

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Hello everyone, I don't know your views on "Ghost Adventures" but, I love them! They really make ghost hunting fun and I love their passion for answers and the lengths they go to, to get them. They seem to really enjoy what they do. They are entertaining and interesting which in my opinion keeps the viewer wanting more.....like me. Lol. I have only seen a couple of episodes of "TAPS" but from what I've seen, they are great too. =0)
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Ghost Adventures, TAPS and the late Most Haunted are designed to entertain the viewing public. Because they have certain obligations to meet they will and do employ a number of
methods that ensure that they have interesting footage in the final edit (for final edit- read broadcast). If viewers watch the programmes then the sales team that sells the advertisements in
the commercial breaks have their job made easier. TV (like most commercial ventures) boils down to 'bums on seats' and all programmes are designed with this ultimate goal in mind - even the BBC.

TV will never, unless it's very very lucky, capture genuine supernatural/paranormal activity as it happens. Most Haunted realised this very early on in it's history and resorted to various means
in order to have 'an Episode' that featured some activity that justified the 'haunted tag' - otherwise it would just be a history 'light' programme fronted by a woman who had nothing meaningful to say or
to react to. TAPS is an entertaining show. Ghost Adventures likewise but they are to genuine scientific paranormal investigation like Doctor Nick off the Simpsons is to Einstein.

The more experienced investigators on GPS will know what I'm trying to say.

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 am

Hi Phil
sadly when it all come down to it i would have to agree with you on all accounts....bums on seats you couldnt have put it any better....but i can say with all honesty.
When I did Paranormal Investigations Live on Living TV at Halloween nothing at all was faked and what ever happened happened and as paranormal investigators...if you get hours of nothing then that's just it!.not that we ..I think that's why a few people may have been a little shocked..and upset cuz it wasn't anything (LIKE) Most Haunted thank god! and thanks to STV, and Living for sticking at the concept.
For HM in the beginning it was good...the concept was good and it was a ground breaking series at the time and there was nothing on UK, And USA TV at that time but it didn't take them long for it to cotton on....regardless of how crazy MH got it lead the way in paranormal TV for years.
As for Taps, and G.A. i cant say...Ive only ever watched the early shows and they all seem OK.
When it all comes down to it we want to see something that we cant explain and we try to explain..it that makes any sense... Question ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 am

Without wanting to turn this thread into Phil agrees with Phil and so does Phil Wink I'd have to agree with you Phil. P i L thankfully wasn't like MH and respect is indeed due to STV, Living and GPS
for firmly steering clear of any duplication. MH in my opinion did start of with very good intentions and was probably the catalyst for many of the investigation groups that exist today. Sadly it's also responsible
for the questionable methods of investigation that many of them employ but that's another story Rolling Eyes .

The aim of serious investigation and research into the perinormal is ultimately to make the unexplained explained and to bring the various phenomenon we now perceive as ghosts, poltergeists, RSPK etc under the
more acceptable umbrella of science as it, at some point in the future, will. The most common mistakes we make when confronted by what appears to be the perinormal is to too readily fall back on the default position (for many) that
'ghosts did it' without adequately considering, investigating or testing any other hypotheses.

Occam's Monkey

PS Phil - yes it did make sense Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Paranormal Show   Best Paranormal Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Paranormal Show
Page 1 of 1