visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Ghost in the TV? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Ghost in the TV? EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Ghost in the TV?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi everybody,

I thought I would share this with you all. I was contacted today by a lady who claims that her step-daughter's home is haunted. She sent me this blurb and these two images by email. I have replied, but want to hear what you all think about the images.

...Hi there,

My step daughter lives in a house in Kingston upon Thames and believes her home is haunted. The house is a Victorian villa and there are many strange and unexplainable things that happen in her home? Certain rooms are always cold regardless of time of year or if the heating is on, strange noises in the house, but recently she was with her friend and she swears she heard someone in her room shouting her name. The voice was in a low pitch, and she believes it sounded like a man's voice. A few members of our family say the house has a strange feeling to it when you walk in, if that makes sense? However, on her birthday this year, 11 Sept 08, she was with a friend in her bedroom and she was taking pictures with her phone mucking about, as normal 17 year olds do. I've included two pictures for you look at as we are puzzled as to what has happened? We're hoping that there is a rational explination for the shadow in the picture, as this is in her bedroom. The first picture is of her friend, but as her friend was not looking at her so she wanted to take another one. The second picture is the one that alarms us a little. If you look at the tv in the background in Pic no 1, Eastenders is on the telly and the picture is quite clear (for reference the two people on the telly are Bianca and Whitney) however, when you look at the tv in pic no 2 there is what seems to be a shadow of a man completely blocking the picture? I was wondering if maybe you could offer a rational reason as to why the shadow appears? Is this a normal picture or is there someone or thing else in the room with the girls?

I would really appriciate any explinations you have.

Many thanks,

Emma

Ghost in the TV? Pictur10

Ghost in the TV? Pictur11
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Barri
looked at both pics could this be a shadow of the person taking the pic?
as there maybe a back light such as a lamp....and in the first pic the person that took the pic but move to get a better view....and when the flash went of as the pic was taken it count the shadow of themselfs....if its not this then its one very strang pic!
phil
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

Yes first thought was that she is casting the shadow herself.....BUT surely the shadow would extend beyond the screen itself? The top of the head would be casting a shadow above the screen? Looking at the first picture zoomed in there are a couple of streaks of shadow on the screen and I also notice in both photos there is shadow on the cupboard to the left as you look at it.

There may be a possibility that there could have been a shadow cast when the programme was actually made. To rule this out we would need to re-run that episode,look for any shadows and freeze frame at that point.

It would help to know the lighting arrangement at the time these photographs were taken.
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:08 am

hiya,

I'll post you more of my thinkings but questions;

Where in the room are sources of light -- windows, mirrors, lights
The type of camera,
What time and date so we can do as bongo suggested check the episode...

Im very intreaged by this picture...
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:50 am

the second pic shadow is very odd, as the pic was taken with a flash on i cannot understand the shadow being where it is as the flash would have cast it more to the right.
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:05 am

Second Pic is interesting, However, if you bring it up in Photoshop, zoom to 600%
then bring up the brightness and contrast, you will notice on the bottom right of the screen an almost perfect large square that also covers part of the tv case.

Imo this is not consistant with a natural photograph as there is too little pixalation in this area in question.

Also as a flash was used there should be more reflection on the screen than is present in this picture.

Last and not least, if you take a picture of a screen, you will find that the picture is rarely as clear as that and the shadow image is a little too crisp.

Is there a possibility of a better quality image than this one?

Edit: As im assuming from the details of the email this picture was taken on Tues 11 Sept 08,
I am trying to locate a copy of the eastenders episode so i can scan through it more carefully
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:38 am

as for screen reflection of the flash as it is an lcd screen it wil be more of a matt finish which would give less reflection and the angle of the flash is down to the right so it is not directly at the screen which is why I think it is not reflecting as it normally would. sounds good anyway lol
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:09 am

maybe it was part of the tv program itself?
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 am

seeing as its eastenders maybe not.
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 5:43 pm

well this is interesting picture but i agree need to be looked at deeper.like bongo said need more info on lighting and stuff.
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:09 am

right here's my theory!!

tv here **

girl here **

camera here **

** lamp here

if the flash went off it's making the shadow look as though it only
appears on the tv, as it lights up the bed etc, ie casting the shadow
from the taker or even something else behind the shot just like most
people said it's hard as none of us know the exact lighting set up in
the room

even if sun light was coming through may have an effect, remember sept 11th there will still be sun shining when eastenders would be aired between 7-8 pm (i think) unless it was a rerun. also would that be a plasma tele by any chance? what sort of effect do they produce with sun light or/and a camera flash?

all things that could be took into consideration here..
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:11 am

that didnt show up as planed the tv, girl and camera pretty much in line, lamp to the right behind camera lol!
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 am

Surely it isn't possible to cast such a shadow on a tv from such a distance?? Neutral

What I find 'strange' is how overly dark it tis - for a shadow I mean!
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:31 am

well in the bottom left of the tv screen in the first picture there is
a shadow, could this be related? also some camera flashes of a mobile
phone they dont go off at the right time, and sometimes go a bit
strange. so it could be that. or as someone said it could be the shadow
from the girl but the camera didnt catch the bit of shadow being not on
the screen, as ost mobile cameras are of pretty low quality

if its a flat svcreen peraps its a descrepency taken like with some tv screens, taking a photo with a low quality camera can cause the screen to look black or have black bits, due to the image being a flickering series of images and not one constant solid one

just my ideas?
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:33 am

one thing i do know is that, if it is a ghost im suprised it hsnt fallen over and hurt its ankle in the messy room Wink
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Now there's a point... isn't it said that if your surrounded by 'mess' that it can upset the 'ghosts' that may or may not dwell within your home ect?
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm

i dont know about that, but it does sure upset your parents Very Happy

erm i thought that was modifying the place, like restoration?
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi all,

I think Inkster is pretty close here. Firstly though, it is not a TV but a flat screen LCD and these remain pretty clear on camera because they do not have a vertical scan rate (refresh rate) like CRT displays (flashes frames a number of times a second), instead LCDs have a 'response time' which is the length of time it takes for a pixel to go from black to a colour then back to black again. This essentially means that you don't get the flickering or the moving bands up the screen when trying to capture a number of individual frames per second as a camera does. Also a flat screen monitor will not reflect light to the same extent as a CRT- it will absorb some of it, meaning you don't get glaring reflections from the screen.

So I would say that it is quite plausible for the image on the screen to be 'real'. The only problem with the casting shadow theory is that it is quite impossible to block all light coming from a LCD or CRT by simply blocking external light reflections (casting a shadow), in fact in theory this would only make the image clearer!

As you can see from this edited version of the 'shadow', the shape is definitely restricted to the borders of the LCD screen itself, so this further proves that this is not a shadow, but instead something 'internal'. Maybe this is a PC monitor, in which case a possible manipulated fake- a still image duplicated, one without the shadow, one with. This could quite easily be staged by the girl in the photograph.

If not then maybe it is not Eastenders, but a pirated movie filmed from within a cinema and somebody has suddenly stood up in front of the camera, unlikely but a possibility.

Maybe it is a dodgy frame, or subliminal messaging on the part of the spirit world!

Regards,

Robb

Ghost in the TV? Croppe16
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:56 pm

depends on different variables reg the pic im not trying to disprove it, im trying to work out the possibility of it being something else.

i agree it is very dark though..
Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:36 am

judging by that pic i agree it may be the program itself.
it would be handy to know the episode that was as mentioned before could hold the answer to the questions asked!! if it's not there then maybe we could be looking at paranormal activity.

cheers rob that clears one aspect well away for me anyway..
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 1:39 am

Hi guys!

I didn´t see it on the first look, but there is also a shadowy black stripe in the left bottom corner of the screen in the first pic.... the first thought that came to my head when i saw the second pic was, piracy copy.... and now the shadowy stripe on the first pic seems to underline this...

But because i don´t know more about it, i cannot say that this is definitely not paranormal.

regards,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm

exactly what i said Smile
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Oh did you? ooops
I have to admit, that i didn´t read the posts as thorughly as i should have done Embarassed I saw it, rushed through the posts and wrote mine then lol.... impatient as i am
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 pm

its ok, like they say great minds think alike Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghost in the TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the TV?   Ghost in the TV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost in the TV?
Page 1 of 1