visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Clophill Church EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Clophill Church EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Clophill Church EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Clophill Church EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Clophill Church EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Clophill Church

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi All

Here is a idea for outdoor investigation in Bedforshire.

The ruins of the church on Clophill are around 400 years old. St Mary’s church was abandoned in 1848 when a Victorian replacement was build in the centre of the nearby village.
Local folklore has some interesting tales as to why the church was left and a new one built.

One rumour suggests that the church was the wrong way around, facing away from God instead of towards God. It was said that this error had forced the church into becoming a holy building for Satan rather than God.

The church is believed to have been built on top of a leper hospital which was run by monks.
The church is sometimes described as being on Deadman’s Hill. This is not correct as Deadman’s Hill is by the A6 road rather than Clophill Village.

Some of the confusion of the church’s location relates to a horrible murder in 1961 when Michael Gregsten was killed at Deadman’s Hill. James Hanratty was found guilty of the murder and hanged. Many believe that Hanratty was innocent.
There have been reported incidents of satanic rituals at Clophill. In 1963 the grave of an apothecary’s wife was broken into, bones removed and placed in a ritual formation in what was once the nave of the church. Bones where again taken from the graveyard on the hill in 1969 and once again ritualistically arranged.

Hauntings
There a number of reported sightings associated with Clophill Church. Many visitors report a chilly and oppressive atmosphere at the church even during warm days.
Visitors report watching a faint light moving up the hill and towards the ruins of the church before vanishing.

The ghost of a monk has been sighted at Clophill Church.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42931356@N00/414061417

Steve-debz
Back to top Go down

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Stev-debs
sounds like a really intersting place good bit of info on the location as well well done...maybe we should take a look into this one email barri see what he thinks
Back to top Go down
elf

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: st mary clophill   Clophill Church EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:57 am

jocolor Twisted Evil sounds good how bad is it up there. i am going up there for 2 night to see what i can find
Back to top Go down

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:27 am

Hi elf

I am considering going there this weekend.I spoke to a friend of mine a few days ago who went there a few years ago.

They witnesses a group of hooded figures walking towards the church.Whether they were ghostly monks or black magic practitioners but they didnt stay long enough to find out due to the need for a fast run to there car.

Let us know what you find

steve-debz
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 pm

They witnesses a group of hooded figures walking towards the church.Whether they were ghostly monks or black magic practitioners but they didnt stay long enough to find out due to the need for a fast run to there car.

LOL wooosies!

But that place sounds promising!

Regards,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi guys, i used to live about 20 mins drive from this place and have visited it quite a few times. Personally i have never experienced anything happening there, mainly because everytime we go there in the early hours there are always large groups of kids there drinking. You do get a really cold eerie feeling there though and there is alot of history behind it! Would love to see it investigated properly.
Back to top Go down

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Thats ok regarding the irrating kids drinking.I have a particular method to get rid off them Laughing .

However the location is very eriee i spent couple of hours there with debz about month or so ago.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi Guys

Well the black magic practitioners sounds an interesting one , that wouldn't surprise me to be honest , we have alot of that on dartmoor , around burrator there is an old ruin of a house with a big stone slab and sometimes you will find dead sheep laying on the slab , that can be quite off putting sometimes .

but sounds like its worth having a look.

regards
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 am

steve-debz wrote:
Thats ok regarding the irrating kids drinking.I have a particular method to get rid off them Laughing .

However the location is very eriee i spent couple of hours there with debz about month or so ago.

haha sounds good to me then.

I think i may be going up there on the 18th to have a little look around.
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:54 am

My method involves one of my chainsaws!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:56 am

Robb wrote:
My method involves one of my chainsaws!

lmao chainsaws ay? lol! Yep i'm sure that will work well enough up there.
Back to top Go down

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:57 pm

well u know texas chainsaw massaca. well rob did live in texas and he went off the radar for a while hahahaha sorry joking

Matt
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Haha.

Don't joke about my past- I know where you live.

LOL, I'm actually a tree surgeon by trade, so I have a couple of chainsaws!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:11 pm

lol sorry Sad lol

Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clophill Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clophill Church   Clophill Church Empty

Back to top Go down

Clophill Church
Page 1 of 1