visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Possessions EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Possessions EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Possessions EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Possessions EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Possessions EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Possessions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Possessions Empty
PostSubject: Possessions   Possessions EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Guys,

What are you thoughts on Possession? You watch all these paranormal shows nowadays and everyone seems to be getting possessed. Seems to me they cant make a good program if this does not happen. Dont know if im not being open minded but i dont know whether to believe it or not. I want to experience it but then again it can be very dangerous. Has anyone ever experienced it? What happens when you do get possessed??

Hope you guys can answer this and express your views. Look forward to reading them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Possessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possessions   Possessions EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:40 pm

TV is entertainment ! I would suggest that in every case on television you are watching an actor plying his or her trade. Certainly a trance medium may demonstrate voice changes or an altered physical state whilst working, however this is should definitely not be classed as possession.

The history of spirit possession and the rites of exorcism reveal valuable clues into the nature of the phenomenon. Although spirit possession is commonly considered to be an objective threat to humankind, it remains an exclusively subjective experience. The experience itself is dependent upon the beliefs, norms, customs, and expectations of society.

In Haitian voodoo the possessing spirit enters the head of the victim and displaces the person's soul. In the West malevolent spirits generally attach to the victim's aura causing various disturbances; inspirational spirits, on the other hand, typically cause soul withdrawal resulting in total possession. The Zar spirit mainly possesses women who are experiencing domestic tension; it appears to leave after the women's needs have been satisfied. Spirit possession ebbs and flows depending upon the current belief system operating within any given society. Possessing spirits have repeatedly sought to possess particular subgroups within a population. Japanese history indicates that the wives and daughters of Emperors are particularly prone to possession. Within societies where spirit possession is validated, it functions as a last resort for oppressed citizens to acquire attention and get their needs met.

Belief in spirit possession is the prerequisite for the existence of entities which interfere with the living. It is simple: if a person does not believe in spirit possession he/she will not experience being possessed by outside beings, whether the spirits are evil or inspirational. Where belief in possession is strong, entities are busy possessing individuals and causing all sorts havoc upon the particular society.

Multiple personality disorder (MPD) and schizophrenia are sometimes associated with spirit possession. In MPD the victim assumes a solidified identity of two or more "persons". The personalities can be incredibly diverse claiming to be of a different gender, race, age, and family origin. IQ levels have been known to change between the different personalities; distinct personality profiles accompany each identity; and personality specific mental disorders may also occur. While it may be tempting to associate multiple personalities as being discarnate spirits, the history-specific nature of each personality arising from the victim's own past makes the spirit possession hypothesis improbable.

Spirit possession serves several functions in our society. For those who firmly believe that they are possessed, an exorcism may be the only means by which to evoke a cure. It is often turned to as a last resort for those experiencing obstinate psychological disorders. More commonly it serves as a form of psychological disassociation. Thus deep, troublesome psychological material need not be owned by the individual if he/she adopts the ideology of spirit possession.
Back to top Go down

Possessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possessions   Possessions EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:26 pm

hi

I done an investigation ages ago and while sat there aparently the other people in my group all said my face had changed and they said matt u ok i tryed talkin but couldnt and in my head i was saying yeah im fine and my auntie herad every word i was thinking (shes a medium to) this isent possesion as such but i let the spirit come close enogh to do that but at the same time i was protected by my spirit guide and when i asked for it to go it went. just sharing my experiences but i hate the word possesion it sounds evil when its actully not.

Matt
Back to top Go down

Possessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possessions   Possessions EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 11:28 pm

Yes Matt so true, soon as the word possession comes into it, everybody is terrified.

What happened to you was called transfiguration and is a form of physical mediumship. Its is something that we work on in the closed circles and we use red light and either a video camera to record the chnges or a stills camera that takes consecutive photographs. Have had some very interesting results.

By the way it can happen spontaneously too. One Friday I was chairing the clairvoyant demonstration evening and there was quite an old man in the audience (I found out later he was a well known healer). Anyway as I was sitting next to the medium who was giving messages, I noticed that this man's face was changing and then I saw my late father's face ! It was awesome but I had to keep really quiet so as not to disturb the medium. The facial overlay lasted about 10 seconds and then faded changing back to the man's actual face. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Possessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possessions   Possessions EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:20 am

I have a Spirit guide who is here ready for me to do this abit further but i feel that im not ready just yet. in my circle i let the father of a girl come close and i was sitting how he sat and she thought it was gr8 to see that i was siting exactly how he used to sit. so realy i was leting him use my body alittle to show he was there not real possesion.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possessions   Possessions Empty

Back to top Go down

Possessions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
visions  :: Ghost Talk :: General Ghost Talk-
Jump to: