visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Sample EVP's EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Sample EVP's EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Sample EVP's EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Sample EVP's EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Sample EVP's EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Sample EVP's

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi

I am new to this forum and find that some of the EVP's that have been posted are now dead links, which is a shame as I was interested to see what kind of results others are getting. I am using digital voice recorders to obtain results and do not use an external microphone. I started out by playing white noise in the background for the "voices" to remodulate into words but now simply lower the recording quality and get interesting results. The benefit of lowering the quality over using white noise is that it does not blow your ear-drums out too much on high volume playback. Audacity is a good bit of free software to edit/listen your recordings. I find that cleaning the recordings usually cleans away the voice too, so I really only increase the gain and edit into a sound loop. Anyway here are a couple for you to listen to.

Copy and paste the whole lie below.

http://cid-c1d1c08fa22175c8.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/EVP|4s

The singing one has white noise and the other two without but lower recording quality. I will not comment at this point on what is actually on the recordings as I would be keen to get your impressions first.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gobiron on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Gobiron,

Welcome. That sounds like an interesting approach, one that I will be experimenting with no doubt. Only there seems to be a problem with your link, or at least for some reason I personally cannot access the files!
I just get sent to MS Live login and then a notification telling me that the 'Item seems to be missing'.

Would love to hear them though!

Regards,

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: link problem   Sample EVP's EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi

Did you copy and paste the whole line? You need the 4s bit at the end. If it still will not work please let me know and I will upload them somewhere else and post new links.

Thanks for response!
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Sorry,

I left that part out! My mistake!

They are quite faint, but there certainly seems to be some sort of response- I will listen again later when I have my headphones etc, and can hear better.

Regards,

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:08 pm

hi gobiron, i listened to all the evp and for me the white noise experement drowns out the voice all together, but in some cases it could work to a better affect (although the chances of knowing when that could be are non-existing) i can here some sounds on the other two which could be voices but again lower grade evps and i aint any idea what they're saying.

i like the theory of using the lesser quality recording though, i will try running them through the diffrerent sound qualities and see what may work best for me.

how about splitting the white noise down using filters before it's used in the actual recording, playing round with that could possibly pick up something worth while. only a thought..

peace j

great post btw

and welcome to gps
Back to top Go down

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 12:40 am

Hi Triplow,

Yeah, good idea regarding using different kinds of noise. I have heard it mentioned that a deeper noise works well. I need to work on that and try it.

These recordings, although quite low in volume, are some of the louder type and decent headphones are a must for this work. Thats why I switched to using a low bit rate when recording. 64kbps or lower. I heard that people were getting good results with crappy dictaphones.

One thing I have noticed is that it does not seem to matter what time of day or night the recordings are made.

On the "how many spirits" one there is, what sounds to me "TWO" then a weird gulping kind of sound and then "THREE". The gulping sound has featured on other recordings I have made. Very strange.

I shall post more if you guys are interested.

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:14 pm

yeah thats spot on, i find evp very interesting.
i got some recently i'll put them up but not sure how to host them on here

i could email one if managed to clean up if you like?

pm your email if you want to...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sample EVP's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sample EVP's   Sample EVP's Empty

Back to top Go down

Sample EVP's
Page 1 of 1