visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

As soon as i can afford some equipment

Go down 
AuthorMessage

As soon as i can afford some equipment Empty
PostSubject: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:03 pm

im gonna investigate this Smile

If you are lucky (or should that be unlucky?) enough on a wet and stormy out-of-season night in Blackpool, you may get to hear the ghost tram. It rumbles along an apparently deserted track before stopping with a prolonged squeal of brakes.

Some say it marks the death of a retired tram driver who was run over by the tram he had just taken on one last spin. The more sceptically minded suggest that it is a sound effect caused by salt air short-circuiting the overhead power cables. To decide for yourself, you will need to choose a suitably dismal off-season night to spend in Blackpool. Form an orderly queue…
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Hello Ash!

A belated welcome from me here at GPS forum.

I would say wet and stormy weather is rather unlucky for an investigation, because it can cause misfunctions with the equipment and worthless results in mesurements and photographic evidence.

It would take a lot of patience and serveral nights before you (might) get any results at all.

Good luck!

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:50 pm

thats why you stand in a tram stop, so the machinery doesnt get wet, also carrior bags are very useful too, as they can be made into camera covers. ( i know ths as i had a camera on a tripod in the pouring rain waiting for a right wave.) would rain effect an emf meter? IF it was covered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 pm

however it has been heard on days its not been raining. i thought i heard it once after finishing work.
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Hello Ash!

ok, so there´s a shelter, where you can stand in.

Carrier bags, to my opinion, are not really an optimal covering for Cameras & Co, because they rustle in the slightest breeze and audio footage will be useless.
I wouldn´t say that a carrier bag effects EMF equipment, but it certainly effects a laser thermomerter and as I said any audio equipment.
Knowing that there are still quite a few tram lines running in Blackpool,, don´t you think that there is a slight possibility that you´ve actually heard a tram rattling along in a nearby street?
But I wasn´t there, so of course I can´t say.
So, if you want to investigate it, i wish you a happy hunting.

Greetings,
Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi ash,

I have agree with Hella on this one, and also one should note that sound waves travel and can often be distorted by acoustic objects. Metal tracks will resonate when a Tram is approaching in another area of the same track. I don't think that rain or stormy nights would have any difference, except impeed the results. Bags should be avoided, and maybe its worth researching the death of this Tram driver, in local archives.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

the trams dont run after midnight, i think 11.30pm is the last it was 1am when i was there when i heard it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm

and yeah it wasnt raining when i heard it. but it was after the trams had stopped. i dont think it just appears in the rain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As soon as i can afford some equipment   As soon as i can afford some equipment Empty

Back to top Go down

As soon as i can afford some equipment
Page 1 of 1