visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Recommendations for an affordable cam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Recommendations for an affordable cam Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:24 am

i was wondering if any of you guys could advise me on an affordable nightshot camera to record my investigations? i want to record my investigations properly like on ghost adventures and ghost hunters but i dont have tons of cash.

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 am

I have a Sony DCR-HC51e,
It has built in infra-red light (super night shot) so you don't need an external IR illuminator, although if you want to see anything beyond 2-3 meters clearly, you will have to invest in one. It also has touch screen technology and a bunch of other nice features, including a high quality Carl Zeiss lens. In my opinion, this camera is the ideal 'ghost hunting' camera.
And the great news is that its cheap!
I got mine from Currys for £150, but you can get it online for much cheaper.

Sony spec (ignore the price): http://www.sony.co.uk/product/sdh-minidv/dcr-hc51e

Online bargain: http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=SONVA220&pt=f

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Robb
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:01 am

Depends how much you want to spend but my top tip is Sony HVR-A1E - great camera with choice of recording to tape using HD CCD or DV. I love mine to bits and it served me really well whilst filming last year in India at temperatures of 48 C and heavy dusty conditions.
Mind you they retail for around £1500-2000

I also use Sony DCR PC100E's, have 2 of them and although old spec they are excellent in night vision. If you can find one for sale grab it. I bought one of mine new and the other in nearly new condition off ebay at a mega snip price of £100. They are hard to find though but small, compact and tough as old boots. I have been using my original one for years and years and it still works fine. Sony stopped making them cos they were so good nobody was interested in buying the newer models, too happy with the PC100's.

Whichever model you decide on, make it Sony. They function in temperatures from sub-zero to 50 degrees C and I have been using Sony video cameras on a daily basis for 10 years and they have never once let me down or broken. They are resilient and user friendly too Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 am

thanks guys, these both look like great cameras at an affordable price, gives me a great starting point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi Joe

Choosing the right camcorder comes down to three questions really:

1. How much do you want to spend?
2. What are you wanting to film with it?
3. What are you wanting to do with the footage once you've got it?

If you are just after a cam for night shot video only then it's probably not worth spending great sums of money and a cam like Robb's (the Sony HC 51) is a good bet and can be picked up new from as little as £120.

If you are wanting to import your footage into some editing software on the PC or Mac then it is a good idea to ensure the cam has a "DV out" port for a firewire connection into your computer (Sony call this iLink). This is the quickest and easiest way to get the footage off your cam and into your computer.

At the end of the day though, it just comes down to what you want to pay.

Best
Piers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:46 am

Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Guys

I would stick with robb's idea the Sony Handycam DCR-HCV51 has everything that you need it's a handy compact camera and the night vision on it is pretty good as with most Sony cameras with night vision , the only thing that i would advise you to do is to get a IR light which you can also purchase from Sony which will cost you another 42£ but it is worth it .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:32 pm

well thank you for all the great advice, it was very much appreciated and becuse im on a limited butget at the moment its good to know from the people who are actually doing it and have used a range of diffrent cameras and know which are great and which are not so good. it will take me a little while to save up and i will deffo go for the sony, sounds like its just what im looking for and its a good price too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for an affordable cam   Recommendations for an affordable cam Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for an affordable cam
Page 1 of 1