visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 Empty
PostSubject: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Edlingham Castle is a fortified manor built between the 12th-16th century, it can be located a few mile from Alnwick in Northumberland.

It was excavated and made safe to the public in the 1970's by English Heratage and has only had a few documented investigations done there, the Ghosts of the north east team had some really cool activity there, heres the link if any ones interested!!

http://ghostsofthenortheast.150m.com/investigations.html

We decided to revist this site as we felt it had alot more to offer from the last time we went, which was Halloween last year.

Firstly this was an investigation using parts of my own team and some friends and wasn't in conjunction with GPS in anyway but i thought you'd like to read it in this section, another point i would like to make is normally i would never take children to an investigation but as a one off my step son joined me for this and really enjoyed himself...

There were 11 of us dong this investigation all arriving at approx 9.30, we set off into the old church just by Edlingham Castle itself, the odd orb was caught on the digital cameras but nothing really to write home about so i decided to split the team down into small groups and send each of them down to the castle one at a time, just to see what sort of vibe they'd pick up (if any) and told them all to keep that to themselves until i spoke to them later that night.

I was last to get down to the castle on my own, i made across the ruins towards the front of the two towers scanning with my torch whilst the others had a little look round the site, as i got closer to the towers i heard a clatter about three meters away down some steps which sounded like a stone, firstly i thought it was one of us but it didn't really seem to come from our direction more like from above, old building perhaps??
after the stone incident i gathered the team up and split them down again into groups i asked them to go off into diferent areas and take some photos and see if they could hear, see or feel anything unusual which they didn't!

After about ten minutes i gathered everyone into a semi intact room behind the towers in the castle, i told them to stand against the wall and i placed some marbles in the centre and began to call out, i carried this on for a good few mins and nothing happened, so i decided to get my step son to take over (Tyler's a very mature 11 year old who took the investagation very seriously and with alot of maturity, his down fall was occationally blinding me with his torch (haha)
even this didn't seem to work so i started again, all of a sudden i felt a cold chill wash over my hands and face and another female member said so at exactly the same time. A few seconds later there was what sounded like a metalic object thrown against a wall outside the room we were in. another short time went by and the sound of stones were heard clattering about, strange??

At this point i split off with two other members round the walls and towards the bridge leaving the others in the room on the off chance of more activity.
we all walked slowly over the wooden bridge one by one and lastly gary the "resident sceptic"
who felt as if someone had brushed his coat which caused him to nearly fall down the two steps at the other side, he wasnt sure if he'd caused this so we had to write that off as him spooking himself!

We had a walk back over to the rest of the team and they claimed more objects had been thrown which left one of the team struck in the head twice (he was ok but a little shaken and decided to return to car)

I made one last attemp to make contact by climbing the steps up the tower where other investigators have apparently heard heavy breathing, things thrown and even a strange siren heard from in there when nothing could be heard from the outside, i heard nothing and as it was getting late we returned to the cars and decideded to take a quick trip to winters gibbit at elsdon..

We arrived at the gibbet just after midnight we had a little look round the gibbet itself and then half the team left due to the cold as it was freezing, i decided to have a look in the nearby woods which holds claim that winters ghost can still be heard screaming, i walked some way into the forest and began to call out, there was lots of noises, creaks, tapping crunching etc but all of this could be birds and other wild life that inhabit this area, the only feeling i got was an almost slyness from the trees but i wasnt afraid here at all, due to the cold we all retired to the cars and left for home..

All in all it was a fantastic night, i feel i need to go back to Edlingham Castle again with a smaller team as i found i was having to write things off due to the mass of people there and in all honesty it was frustrating at times with the amount of tourch light and cameras going off..

As for the gibbet i would like to camp in the nearby woods in the summer and set a much more thourgh investigation as the cold was far to intense for anyone to stay for a long period of time

i will put any pictures up as soon as i have trailed through them all

thanks for reading John Triplow

Last edited by triplow on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:12 pm

this sounds really good place triplow, however it would be useful to state where the castle is situated for those reading your post will not have knowledge of this but thats minor really to what sounds like a great investigation. would be up for coming on your next one in summer hopefully i will have wheels by then. it was a fab read.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Triplow

Thanks for the report , sounds like you had some fun there , gail is right about teling us where the location is other readers may not where the location is .

I personaly think that it's not a good idea to take children on investigations because young people tend to be very vunerable and the dangers are difficult to comprehend and the damage can be severe, i don't want to tell you what is right or wrong be we don't let people come on investigation when they are under the age of 18 , and that is a rule that 99% of all teams have .

Please don't take offence at this .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:11 pm

i actually agree with what your saying on that front although it was the only way i was going to get out on this one and his safety was always in my hands, no offence taken at all Smile

thanks fr the comments and dark mother just let me know when you wanna come im sure we can sort summit out..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:50 pm

i've added some extra details about the location etc that may help, i've also put a link to a site that holds three good reports from Edlingham Castle conducted by Rob Kirkup's Ghosts of the North east team, also a really good read...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:42 pm

thanks john, would be good to tag along sometime. the reports are also good reading, both for us as team and also for our new members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:02 am

thanks for the kind words dude, i enjoyed writing it, all i want to do is put over an honest account from my point of view. i must go again though as i still find my questions unanswered, all of these things could be writen off without much trouble..
maybe the stones was a little weird but no sceptic is gonna say..

"oh yeah i believe in ghosts now because 11 people raked over a ruin in the middle of the night, and were hit by stones"

i will be back with less people and hopfully some new equipment in my bag, i feel i can get some blood out them old stones Very Happy lol (that was really corney)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09   Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09 Empty

Back to top Go down

Edligham Castle, Investigation - Revisited!! 3-1-09
Page 1 of 1