visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report Empty
PostSubject: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report PA050061

Leighbeer Tunnel, Shaugh Prior, on the edge of Dartmoor.

Date: 5th October 2008

Time: 10:30 pm - 00:00 am

Duration of investigation: 2 hour

Investigators:

Ian Wilce (Lead investigator)
Robbie Leech (Trainee investigator)
Piers Oneill (Trainee investigator)
Val Oneill (Trainee investigator)

We met a small car park in Shaugh prior which lies on the edge of south Dartmoor about 10 miles outside Plymouth, after looking at a survey map we then decided the best route to take to the tunnel ,we found a small side road where we could park next to the footpath which was about 200 yards away from the tunnel entrance .

After approaching the south side entrance we were suprised to see that the lighting in the tunnel had either been turned off or there had been another power cut which is quite commen in this part of the country , this meant that we could not use the broadcasting camera that Piers had brought with him , so we had to revert to using my video camera and the infrared light .

We then entered the tunnel from the south side and set up the beam barriers about 10 meters into the tunnel, 5 meters on from that Robbie set up his laptop with an external microphone to record anything that may happen as this part of the tunnel is supossed to be very active , the beam barrier alarm would act as a security measure so that anybody entering the tunnel would set the alarm off and of course any paranormal activity would also set off the alarm.

A meter away from the microphone we set up a small toy weetabix lorry that i had brought with me , rumour has it that in this part of the tunnel the spirit of a small boy is supossed to roam there , we marked it with stones and would come back later to see if the lorry had been moved or tampered with .

Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report PA050068

We then proceeded take basic readings in the tunnel with an EMF detector and a infrared thermometer and got the following readings
EMF: we had a constant 0,5 - 0,6 in the tunnel, due to the lights being off they were not giving off any readings at all
Temp: We had a constant 9-10 degrees in the tunnel
The wind factor was also very low there was almost no wind or breeze in the tunnel wchich would make our life alot easier during the course of the evening .

We then split up into two groups Robbie teamed up with Val , and i teamed up with Piers i sent Robbie and Val in first to do a walkthrough and to conduct a few EVP´s

The following report is written by Robbie Leech (Trainee Investigator)

Equipment:

Canon DSLR 10-20mm lens equipped with external flash (Robb)

Digital voice recorder (Val)

2xTorches

We entered the Tunnel from the exit end, where we left Ian and Piers, and made our way up to where we gauged to be the centre-most point of the tunnel (where both ends disappeared and was at its darkest). The constant dripping and the reverberation of these noises made it immediately apparent that it would be difficult to distinguish and isolate specific noises. When we arrived at the middle I took a few photographs of the main passage and also of the barred ‘hideaways’ with the DSLR, which was difficult in the near pitch black conditions (focus). We decided to stand with our backs against the wall and then Val asked a few initial questions, i.e. “anybody there?” “Throw a stone if you can hear me!” I believe that the Dictaphone was running during this stage. We then tried more specifically to provoke an EVP, or any other response for that matter, with more direct and indicative questions, but seemingly to no avail. During this period Val became increasingly agitated, telling me that she thought she could hear dogs footsteps nearby in the gravel (which ran along the edges of the walkway). We listened for apx 30 seconds on maybe three successive but slightly separated occasions but nothing was clearly discernible. We then moved further into the the tunnel, past the mid-way point and carried out a similar procedure with the Dictaphone, only I became slightly more ‘challenging’ in tone. Again there was no obvious response. At this point Val became aware of a faint Aura around one of the hideaways on the opposite side of the tunnel. We asked for a response numerous times and on one occasion we both heard a very faint noise which coincided with our question. We got nothing further from this particular area. We then decided to make our way back to Ian and Piers at the tunnel

Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report PA050083

After listening to the EVp´s that Robbie and Val had recorded we came up with two things that are interesting the first one is after Val had asked if Mr brunel is there .
EVP 1

The second one is the sound of exhailing which is not from one of the team it´s to near to the microphone

EVP 2

Equipment

Gauss master
Olympus 3100 dictaphone
Infrared video camera
Infrared laser thermometer

Report by Ian wilce

We entered the tunnel , as we got a couple of meters into the tunnel i noticed that we had a temp change behind Piers the thermometer went from a constant 9 degrees down to a 3 degrees which is a difference of 6 degrees thats a drastic change which we cannot connect to a bit of breeze the temp in front of him was still 9 degrees and as i pointed it behind him again and got a reading of 9 degrees again . We carried on into the tunnel as we got past the middle i got a couple of higher readings on the EMF it jumped from 0.6 milligauss to 6.5 gauss at this point i allready had the dictaphone running so i was able to record it , i started to ask a few questions ie. if there is anybody there and i got another abnormal reading but this stopped as quick as it started , but we always had the feeling that somebody may have been watching us and there were a few moments where i really thought i heard footsteps but it was difficult to tell what effect the dripping was having on us.

At one point i was quite convinced that i had lost sight of the LED light on the barrier alarms but i think that it may have been a trick that my mind was playing on me

Below is the EVP of the EMF spike that we had

EVP 3

Written by Robbie Leech

Equipment:

Digital voice recorder (Val)

EMF detector (Val)

Digital laser thermometer (Robb)

We entered the tunnel in the same way as we did on the first occasion, making our way up to the centre-most point of the tunnel, only this time I was taking various temperature readings along the way; all of which remained between 8 or 9 degrees, predominantly at 9. We then proceeded to undertake further attempts of provoking a response and I believe that the Dictaphone was running continuously throughout this period. No responses were noticeable. At this point, after Ian had informed us that large fluctuations in temperature had occurred around piers during their investigation, I decided to monitor the temperature around Val and to a smaller extent, myself. This process continued intermittently until we left the tunnel, but the readings never changed from 8 or 9 degrees, even in the hideaways. After apx 10 minutes we again made our way further up into the tunnel where we came across the escape tunnel, which we had previously missed. We stopped at the entrance of the escape tunnel (which was barred across and flooded) and once again continued to attempt to verbally incite a response, becoming increasingly confrontational, but again, we encountered no noticeable reaction or response. At this point we also spent a few minutes with our lines of sight locked on to the red LED on the barrier alarm at the far end near the entrance as Ian and Piers had reported seeing it disappear momentarily on more then one instance. We did not witness our line of sight being broken, although for an instant I became a little disoriented when I thought I saw the light raise up and move around, but both Val and I quickly agreed it was a trick of the mind. Soon after this we made our way back to the exit. There was no activity from the EMF detector throughout the entire second visit and the temperature readings never fluctuated from 8 or 9 degrees.

Written by Ian Wilce

Equipment

Olympus 3100 Dictaphone
Gauss master

The second and lst visit of the night doesn´t need much explaining piers and i entered the tunnel and did a complete walk through nothing else came to our attention in the tunnel so we decided to wrap it and call it a night .

My opinion of the leighbeer tunnel is that there is something going on there but i would feel uncomfortable saying with the evidence that we have, that it is haunted .

Last edited by Ian on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:31 am

interesting reports team, well done! cheers maybe we will get luckier if its done again at some point. sounds like robbie and val got some spooky stuff happening but to faint to detect clearly. dripping water would make things more difficult to hear clearly wouldnt it. it may well be worth doing it again
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 7:31 am

Yes Gail

I think that there is something going on there but i also think that its a matter of having the right luck on the day , sometimes it´s so that you can have personal experiences and you are not able to gather enough evidence at the time so it stays a personal experience , you are just not ab le to prove it to others .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:02 pm

I didnt realise the report was posted here!
I agree with Ian, plus the wealth of reports by members of the public must count for something. I tried to listen to the EVP's posted but the link seemed dodgy, i will try again tomorrow.
Spooky location but difficult to work with, bloody cold too!
Much enjoyed though,
Cheers,
Robb

P.S: No mention of the phantom cyclists?! Val and I were momentarily convinced a ghost train was ploughing its way towards our end of the tunnel; we looked at each other quizzically for a few brief seconds before the shouts of suprised voices echoing from within the tunnel broke the air. Quite hilarious in retrospect!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:24 am

Sorry i didn´t mention your encounter with the cyclists but as it being a public place there is a big possability of encountering the general public , and i didn´t think it was importent .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I know, but it was a funny and slightly odd experience, I though I would share it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Guys, that was a great investigation. Sorry it has taken me this long to reply, but I will add the full report to the website right now and a link from the homepage to gain interest.

It is clearly a place with a great atmosphere and maybe worth visiting again.

EVP's are very interesting.

Excellent work from you all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 pm

The complete report is now available to read on the website. Very Happy

Leighbeer Tunnel Investigation Report
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report   Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior  Investigation Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Leighbeer Tunnel ,Shaugh Prior Investigation Report
Page 1 of 1