visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
leyland information EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
leyland information EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
leyland information EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
leyland information EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
leyland information EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

leyland information

Go down 
AuthorMessage

leyland information Empty
PostSubject: leyland information   leyland information EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:33 am

http://www.leylandhistoricalsociety.co.uk/festival%20index.htm look at this link and scroll through for interesting stuff for leyland investigation. makes interesting reading with fab pics too.
also this is map link for those interested http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=354088&Y=421980&A=Y&Z=1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Good find DM, Hopefully we will get hold of the local history guy to add to the information on the location. The more information the better so we can back up the findings from the investigation. Also interesting to find out the history as well any excuse for me!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Good research DM, but can I ask that if you or Pic add any research to these pending cases, they are broken down for all to see and understand. Basically please look at these sites and then post the relevant information here so all members can understand the findings.

Thank you very much and great research!

Cheers

Barri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:58 am

sure thing barri i will ensure to make this happen as soon as we have more information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 am

i recently found another case at leyland which is very recent whilst looking in to this i found the founder of leyland motors has a link to towngate. this could be the same smithy shop which may house the present stationary shop we are about to investigate in sept,so i will put it here as well, for ppl to look at as i think it is interesting link.

James Sumner was one of the founders of what was to become one of Britain's largest companies, Leyland Motors Limited.

leyland information Cottages
Cottages on Water Street (now Towngate) where Sumner was born. Long since demolished, they were across the road from the workshop
He was born in 1860 in Leyland, where his father, Richard, owned the black-smith's workshop in Water Street.
This was probably much more of an engineering workshop than a simple smithy.
James Sumner, from his boyhood in the workshop, became fascinated by steam power and was able to indulge his passion for motorised transport. He produced a 5-ton steam wagon early in the 1880s for Stannings bleachworks.leyland information Sumners%20workshop
Sumners original smith's workshop on Towngate in Leyland. The building is still there but is now retail units
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi Gail,

Any idea if the current stationery store is located on the site of the former Smith's building? Rolling Eyes

Just to let you know that the Leyland case is set for Saturday 18th October 2008.

I need specific numbers for this investigation soon so please email me your decision by this Sunday 28th Sept. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:55 pm

barri i have been unable to find out if this is indded the actual site of staionery store but its possible as it sates above they are now retail units. i will be attending
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leyland information   leyland information Empty

Back to top Go down

leyland information
Page 1 of 1