visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh Empty
PostSubject: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi guys,

First of all a big thanks to Mel (xmelissax) for sharing this link with us on our GPS facebook site Smile

http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/buckfastleigh_church.htm

When we met at Lydford Castle, she and her two friends, Dani and Ash, told us about the burned out church and the reports of its hauntings.

In the church grounds is the tomb of of the Cabell family, in particular Squire Richard Cabell, who was in his lifetime described as a "monstrously evil man", supposedly dabbling with Satanism etc. He died on July 5th, 1677 and since then there is, according to the lore, a phantom pack of hounds, which can be heard and seen on his death day.

There are also different versions of sightings of Cabell's ghost:

Quote :
It is also said that if you run around the 'penthouse' tomb seven times and then stick your hand through the iron bars, either Squire Cabell or the Devil will bite your fingers.
Other stories pertaining to Cabell are that he rides in a coach led by headless horses driven by a headless coachman.

Under the church are the Reed Caves, a system of caves and tunnels, with stalactites and stalagmites, one of those stone formations being supposedly right underneath Cabell's tomb, in the shape of a little man in 17th century clothes.

Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh Buckstal

Looks more like a little chimera or gargoyle to me What a Face

In my opinion this place is definitely worth a visit, combining sight seeing with a small investigation.

Last edited by arwen on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 pm

This definatly looks like somewhere we should be going, i think that the caves would be interesting as well .
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:49 am

Quote :
Looks more like a little chimera or gargoyle to me

ahhhh at first i thought it is a kind of figure or so.
this is is really strange....
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:52 pm

This church seems to be steeped in history, i really think that we need to go there at some time , and have a look around .

Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:31 am

Definitely! Have you got a date in mind?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
andysek124
Orb
Orb

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Fancy a trip Ian? I got time until April then my weddings start. The place looks great and be worth taking a look at it and its not that far from us. Give me a shout if you want to go.
Back to top Go down
JoJoK
Apparition
Apparition

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

Be careful, if this is part of 'Buckfast Abbey', they will never allow an investigation and if caught, they will have you prosecuted for tresspassing. I know this as fact, my father is an RC deacon and has spent more time than I can remember at the abbey, knows the people very well. A few years back a small team tried to hold a mini investigation of somesort on land that is owned by the abbey, it wasn't taken lightly.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm

andysek124 wrote:
Fancy a trip Ian? I got time until April then my weddings start. The place looks great and be worth taking a look at it and its not that far from us. Give me a shout if you want to go.

Good idea , i will give you a shout when we go there
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 pm

I think that we are going to organise this one for the summer , when the weather is better , should be a good one
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 am

This sounds like a great location in the small town of Buckfastleigh in Devon, the Holy Trinity Church, it was burned to the ground in 1992 but has 800 years of history there is also a 3.5 Km tunnel system under the church, it's said in the 1600's a squire by the name of Richard Cabbel lived in the village his main passion was hunting and he was described as a "monstrously Evil man" it was even said that he sold his soul to the devil , after he died he was buried in the grounds of the church, since then there have been sightings of a mad pack of howling creatures around his grave , the locals built a special building over the grave and a large stone slab was placed on top of the tomb to stop the ghost of the squire from escaping.

Holy Trinity church
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh   Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy Trinity Church in Buckfastleigh
Page 1 of 1