visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gast

The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  Empty
PostSubject: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 am

I've red about The Dog Killing Bridge
Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland .

zitat / quote:

The bridge was built by John Campbell White who was better known as Lord Overtoun in 1895 and is right next to the very large Overtoun Mansion (2,000 acres large). Due to both the west side and east side being separated by a waterfall, they built this Victorian bridge to connect each side. The bridge stands 50 feet tall which would be great for the bungee jumping junkies, but it's more known for the depressing amount of dog deaths that have occurred at this bridge. As said before, dogs will climb the parapet wall and jump off the bridge. Of course, mistakes happen, but this bridge has claimed the lives of six-hundred dogs and has claimed only two human lives. What's even stranger is that the dogs who have survived the plunge have come back to try again.

What's even stranger is that all the dogs who have committed suicide have jumped off almost exactly the same spot. Why does this happen though? Some believe, such as the Celtics, that the Overtoun Bridge is a portal between the world of the living and the afterlife and sometimes they cross over. Another theory, which is more logical, is that there's these animals called minks that hang around the bridge. The dogs could sense them since they give away this musty smell, and when they jump onto the ledge, they don't realize the incredible fall they're going to take.

But the bridge has claimed two human lives on record as well. In 1994, a man threw his newborn child off the bridge claiming it was the anti-Christ. After feeling sorrow for the atrocious act of killing his own child, he killed himself on the same bridge. Some say it was the bridge that made him kill his child and himself, where there's others, such as myself, that think the man did it because anyone wouldn't be able to live with themselves after doing something like that. Whatever the case maybe, Overtoun Bridge has claimed more lives of dogs than any other bridge in the world. If you go to the bridge, make sure to have a leash.

have you ever heard about it ? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 am

No i have never heard of this place , sounds very interesting , and i agree that the mink theory is probably the more logical one lol, but i will look it up, thanks for that .

Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
Gast

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:33 am

i forgott the picture of the bridge:

The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  Overtoun-bridge.5696.large_slideshow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Maddie

Ive never heard of this bridge or the deaths of the dogs...all sounds very strange to me but...the minks theory sound like it could be the reason I lived near a minks farm years ago and you cloud smell the musk then the wind blow the right way...still I wouldn't say this is 100% proof.
Still I find it very interesting that there is this theory of a gate way to another world ...or the afterlife maddie get over the & do some evps...lol
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm

phil wrote:

Hi Maddie

......o and you cloud smell the musk ......
........or the afterlife maddie get over the & do some evps...lol

*rofl same when some nice guys taking a shower after a football game clown

Last edited by Madleine on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Oh dear , are we moving away from the subject lol, i am sure we can start a private thread where you two can talk about naked footballers LMAO Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Guys

I have heard of this place before. It was on the programme fact or fiction on the sci-fi channel. You may be able to youtube the episode.

I cant remember the outcome that they came up with but i do remember seeing it.

Worth having a look if your interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland    The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dog Killing Bridge Overtoun Bridge Milton, Dumbarton, Scotland
Page 1 of 1