visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Goldfield hotel , Nevada

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Goldfield hotel , Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:12 am

The goldfield hotel , Nevada opened in 1902 during the gold rush it was supossed to be the most luxurious hotel between Chicago and San Francisco after the gold rush died down the town became almost deserted and the hotel finaly closed in 1945.

Since then there have been accounts of spirits that roam the hotel .

Source -Sprits speak.com
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 am

Those EVP´s are cool, although to me most of them are not understandable (to me).

The floating lights on film could be insects to, especially the one in Elisabeth´s room, where they use a torch, the way it looks. I´m not that keen on floating lights, they could be anything.

But according to the EVP´s this place is really interesting!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:33 am

im just setting it up on my pc, so i shall watch it while i do my assignment...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Ghost Adventures that was on Sci-Fi featured this haunt and it was brilliant. A flying brick, noises and a very spooky atmosphere....Take my word for it, download it or watch on You Tube...

Ghost Adventures

My Space - Ghost Adventures
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:24 pm

Here are some pics of the legendry hotel...

Goldfield hotel , Nevada Goldfi11

Goldfield hotel , Nevada Goldfi12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:19 pm

i have to say its very interesting and i think it would be brill for them to return when its been finished, so they could stay the night!!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 8:05 am

So thats it the golfield hotel is now closed to all visitors , and TAPS were the last to investigate it , the hotel is now being renovated and will be reopened at in the middle of 2008.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the hotel when it opens and what kind of guests stay there , TAPS have been invited to come back an do an investigation , to see if the spirits that haunt there are still present, so watch this space .

greetz
phantom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Imagine that...!!

Although restored and renovated to maybe it former glory...I think that it will still house the orgy of spirits rumored to haunt the former hotel, and maybe the new owners will have to get G.P.S in there to investigate it for them... lol!

It looks like a fantastic place to visit, and I will try and find more information on the building to add here soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 pm

oh i love haunted hotels....wiked...thatll be intresting ecto to see what history can be pulled up on it..sounds like a job for pic... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Goldfield hotel , Nevada Goldfi11

The Goldfield Hotel was built in the boomtown of Goldfield, Nevada. The hotel was constructed at the center of town where two previous wooden hotels had burned in 1905 and 1906. The prominent Reno architectural firm of Curtis and Holesworth designed the massive hotel. Morrill J. Curtis and George E. Holesworth designed such buildings as Morrill Hall on the University of Nevada, Reno campus; the Majestic Theater in Reno; and Tonopah’s Mizpah Hotel and the State Bank & Trust Building. Holesworth personally supervised the hotel’s construction.

The new hotel opened in June 1908 as the area’s mining boom was cresting. The main floor of the four-story building was constructed of grey granite stones from Rocklin, California, while upper stories were made from reddish-brown brick. Hotel visitors entered the lobby by climbing a few steps up from the street onto the pillared porch. Above the porch were balconies on the second and third floors, from which the guests could view the street, town, and countryside. The floors of public rooms and the entry porch were covered by small, white mosaic tiles interspersed with black ones to create a geometric design. The roof was flat with a massive white cornice extending over the edge of the top of the building.

The hotel featured 150 sleeping rooms and 45 suites with bathrooms, most of which were on the upper floors. The majority of the rooms shared a claw-foot bathtub and toilet with another room, but all had running water. An on-site power plant generated steam heat.

The lobby had a mahogany reception desk, a public telephone booth, and an elevator, which ran at 300 feet per minute, one of the fastest in Nevada. A saloon was to the left of the lobby. The dining room, named The Grill, was the largest room in the building, extending the width of the building with plate glass windows that overlooked Crook Street.

Mahogany paneling covered the walls of the lobby, saloon, and dining room. Around the lobby’s three iron pillars were circular, black, leather-buttoned banquettes; other furniture included big leather swivel chairs, couches and brass cuspidors or spittoons. Lights, including crystal electric lights, were suspended from the beamed ceiling.

The estimated cost of the building was between $300,000 and $400,000. Manager and part owner J.Franklin (Frank) Douglas bought about $40,000 of furniture from Chicago for the main and second floors. The guest rooms were luxuriously furnished with carpeting, telephones, draperies, lamps, hardwood dressers with plate mirrors, cuspidors, and brass beds.

In December 1908, Casey Hotel owners George Wingfield and Casey McDannell joined the owners of the hotel, forming the Bonanza Hotel Company. With an exchange of stock and $200,000 in cash, the Bonanza Hotel Company became the owners of the Goldfield and Casey hotels. Wingfield was the major stockholder in the company and ultimate owner of the Goldfield Hotel. Wingfield was among the richest men in Nevada at the time. He was the owner of the Consolidated Mines Company in Goldfield, as well as banks, other hotels and numerous lucrative businesses in Nevada.

In 1923, Wingfield sold the hotel to Newton Crumley, owner of the Commercial Hotel in Elko. Crumley mined under the hotel unsuccessfully and sold it two years later. The hotel was bought and sold over the years, but it rarely turned a profit. The last paying guests of the hotel were officers and their families from the Tonopah Air Field, between 1943 and 1945. When World War II ended and the military personnel left Nevada, the hotel closed. It never reopened.

Following a pattern common to many large, abandoned, historic buildings, the Goldfield Hotel has attracted legends about ghostly inhabitants. Stories describe a young woman named “Elizabeth” or “Gertie,” who is believed to have either been murdered or killed herself in room 109. Others have reported seeing the spirit of George Wingfield and smelling his cigar smoke near the lobby staircase. In 2001, the hotel was featured on Fox Family TV as one of the world’s scariest
places.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ghost adventures and the goldfeild   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 am

That was a brilliant episode on ghost adventures and the flying brick footage is one of the best, also check out the footage of the full bodied apparition visibly walking across the screen on the washoe club episode.

i think these guys are genuine, unlike most haunted.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Guys

I think that they had alot of luck in getting the piece of footage with the flying brick , but if you have seen some of the other stuff that they have done you will see that they are not very professional in the way the they work i am not to keen on people who provoke in the way that they do , they do get quite rude at times which is not always the right approach to an investigation , but that piece of film with the flying brick drove them to fame very quickly and they did get a bit big headed .

But thats my opinion .

greets
ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:06 am

your right ian, they did get a bit big headed after the flying brick incident and the way they provoke might just backfire on them on of these days. also the way they ran when the brick happened was quite funny and id have probably done the same lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldfield hotel , Nevada   Goldfield hotel , Nevada Empty

Back to top Go down

Goldfield hotel , Nevada
Page 1 of 1