visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
giant hell dog?! EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
giant hell dog?! EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
giant hell dog?! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
giant hell dog?! EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
giant hell dog?! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

giant hell dog?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi All
i took these photos in the summer last year hell dog?...no just a burnt log but you can see how some people can get confused...still these photos are very misleading!

1.giant hell dog?! Img_2110

2.giant hell dog?! Img_2111

3.giant hell dog?! Img_2112

4.giant hell dog?! Img_2113

5.giant hell dog?! Img_2210
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:23 am

Looks like a giant turd to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator
Ian

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks for clearing that one up Phil i wouldn't have guessed that it wsa log , but i also dint think that it was a burnt log , wasnt quite sure what it was .
Back to top Go down
https://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:26 am

When I looked at the picture I first thought: Labrador
Having a closer look I thought about a thick branch or so... wasn't too far off then What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Tobz
Apparition
Apparition
Tobz

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-01-16

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Haha thats quite a mad pic..

re Robb:
All you need now is some russian dude calling "TARZAN" in the background!!

(above is a refrence to the "russian girl levitating" thread for those who are wondering what on earth im going on about!!)

Tobz.
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator
Robb

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 pm

haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Nightcrawler
Apparition
Apparition
Nightcrawler

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2012-06-26

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:03 pm

There is one way to stop photos like this being accepted as paranormal.

You need 5 to 6 cameras and you need them to be placed in a half circle motion.
if you took 6 photos of that log at the same time from different angles your dog becomes a log.

This may sound exspensive to do but its not if a team all chips in some money together to capture the best ever photo taken of a paranormal entity.
No photo will ever come close if you can capture one like this! This will be 'GOLD'!
No one could turn around and say its just fog or smoke.You would have a structure built with photos and it would truely be a 1st.

Obviously the hard thing would to do would be to capture that entity within them cameras!
Naseby maybe the place to trial this?
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Nightcrawler,

Yes, that would be an option, but only for locked off areas.

Cameras aren't too expensive, if you wait for a good bargain on ebay.

We tend to do it the cheaper way:
When we capture something interesting we try to debunk it by recreating angle, light conditions etc, before we actually start considering anything paranormal.

If that's not possible we've got another rule:
If in doubt, throw it out! ... meaning, that we never take anything for evidence of paranormal activity, when we aren't 100% sure that it isn't explainable.

We might publish it for discussion or just as something interesting, but we would never claim it to be of paranormal origin Smile

But your idea IS good and I can see what you mean. Imagine capturing something really paranormal with that method.
But i wouldn't use normal cameras, but full-spectrum ones, due to the bigger range of light frequencies.

Another option would be, to combine it with EMF and temperature data loggers.
Back to top Go down
Nightcrawler
Apparition
Apparition
Nightcrawler

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Arwen Very Happy .

I think this could happen in wider areas but it would be hit and miss.It depends on what steps in the middle of your camera set up.
I totally agree regarding using 'Full spectrum cameras' as we need to see everything!
Also as you mention not just photos but all kinds of measurements!

I do know people have a small budget these days but that depends on the crew you are with.
Iv always been a person who would happily put money in a fund towards equipment,so..
Your cheaper way is very original and very affective but you wont have the God photo.I think the 1st photo taken like this will go down in paranormal history as it has too.

The problem of just one photo is exactly that.Its just one photo.
You cant be accused of matrixing something with multi camera views.Id just love to see it happen!

I have many ideas from UFO spotting to paranormal investigating Wink ...Im sure you do too boss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 pm

My focus is on paranormal investigation/ghost hunting, But Ian and Steve (Extralien) are also into UFOs.

You are right when you say that one photo just isn't enough as a piece of evidence, because skeptics will always have their doubt, no matter how convincing it is, especially when it comes from a ghost hunting team and not from certified scientists.
So what would be needed for credible photographic evidence?
I would say a sequence of at least 5 pictures, taken in intervals of just a few seconds that all show an anomaly (changing shape or moving or both), the EXIF data of the photos to proof that the pictures weren't tampered with and preferably all sorts of measurements to back them up. As confirmation for genuineness a video would be needed as well, that shows either the same anomaly or at least parts of it.

And how could we achieve that?
Surround surveillance with spectrum photo cams and video cams, laser grids, data logging with sensors that face like the cams in all directions.

For me the ideal piece of equipment would be something that's made of at least 3 sensors, that measure EMF, temperature and air density like a laser grid and, after whacking the data on a laptop, creates something that looks like a 3D thermal image, but doesn't just show temperature fluctuations, but also EMF, etc.

This way we could not only locate the spot of fluctuation, but would also be able to see its shape.

An experiment set-up I would imagine with spectrum video and photo cameras (the photo cameras being triggered of by fluctuation) and a sensor box, placed in a triangle that would cover most of a room. In addition I would also place a voice recorder with each device set, something like the Zoom H1, that is capable of showing the location of the voice in a room. All devices would have to be synchronize-able in time.
For analysis we would need a program that would combine all the data to create not only spectrum images, but also a 3D measurement image.

So if we would capture something with this set-up, we would be sure of having gathered all possible footage/measurements.

*sigh* dream on, Hella Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nightcrawler
Apparition
Apparition
Nightcrawler

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I feel sorry for the person buying your christmas present!! Laughing haha....You dont ask for much do ya buddy Wink

Certainly would be a great setup but how much would that come to and is it achievable?

I noticed you mentioned Zoom H1 is capable of locating where a sound came from in a room?How does this work?I only ask as an exorcist i spoke to actually told me about these and how brilliant he thinks they are.I wasnt expecting to hear it actually lol.
I have a very good idea regarding sound locations with evps and this would be very cool.

Im just waiting for a device to be finished off actually.I have 2 sat on my desk infront of me but im also having one re-designed and its just there!The chip we have been after or should i say the board! has been very hard to get as sold out.But just by luck my partners dad picked up one whilst he was on holiday! lol..Timing Happy .
Its been a long wait for me but as the saying goes,'All good things come to those who wait'.

I have cheaper ideas but i get to many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

giant hell dog?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant hell dog?!   giant hell dog?! Empty

Back to top Go down

giant hell dog?!
Page 1 of 1