visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
interesting find EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
interesting find EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
interesting find EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
interesting find EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
interesting find EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

interesting find

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: interesting find   interesting find EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi all

i was walking the dog on sunday and i stumbled across an old church, i believe its from the time of the norman conquest

http://www.friendsoffriendlesschurches.org.uk/CMSMS/index.php?page=boveny-st-mary-magdalene

Anyway, the organisation that ownes it has a few churches up and down the country, by the look of it, the work on donations,

is it worth some one contacting them to see if any of their churches has some activity thats worth investigating. if we can find 1 that has, they could get some income by allowing paranormal investigators in for a small charge

just an idea geek
Back to top Go down

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Debz316
Investigator
Debz316

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-09-07

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:20 am

hi
yes i agree very intresting kev mite be worth looking into kk
ttfn
debz
Back to top Go down
http://www.sds-investigators.co.uk
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-18

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Hang on a second here. Can we just put our brains into gear Shocked

Isn't this creating something that might not be there?. Just because a site or building is 'old' it doesn't mean it's haunted.
This is planting the seeds of expectancy bias and sending out the wrong signals to anyone or any group that respects this forums opinions.

If I posted about every old castle, peel tower or church I came across and suggested those locations were infested with ghosts I'd very quickly
overwhelm this forum with locations. Let's be realistic and NOT get carried away without at least doing some research.

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Kev

Interesting Post.But obviously this was being researched soon as you added .But I would say that the Church may frown upon Paranormal Investigators Investigating any alleged activity.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Debz316
Investigator
Debz316

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-09-07

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

hi kevin i have found a few things about this place looking further into it for you kk

ocean monkey
dont mean to be rude at all
but noone is saying this place is haunted or they is any activity presant
we reseach first an if we feel its ok an we wanna try it we will ,

an as kevin asking about this possible location if it has any activity an is it worth an investigation ,well that is down to us reserches to look into and let our directors decide
i agree not all places have a haunting but as a reseacher and being a team member if anyone asks i will research first an forward it on

an we well aware that not all places have a haunting
debz

Last edited by Debz316 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling misake)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sds-investigators.co.uk
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Debz316 wrote:
hi kevin i have found a few things about this place looking further into it for you kk

ocean monkey
dont mean to be rude at all
but noone is saying this place is haunted or they is any activity presant

debz

"if any of their churches has some activity thats worth investigating"

Don't mean to be confrontational debz, so please don't take my comments the wrong way, but the above quote seen in context suggests that there is an assumption that activity is possible and the site
warrants investigation. Dig deep enough into most locations that have one or more tenuous associations in terms of history and events and sooner or later a ghost will pop up.
Ghosts aren't everywhere and not every potentially attractive location is going to be receptive to investigation or indeed active in a paranormal sense, no matter how much the ghost hunters want it to be.
One of the main criticisms of recent years has been the unprofessional ways in which so called Paranormal Investigation Groups have
conducted themselves in various historical sites - including Churches and other sensitive locations. Sites can't just be subjected to team investigations without due authority
from the site custodians. Churches may indeed 'be worth investigating' as pubs, castles or the council house that has a poltergeist in it may be worth investigating but there's
a right and a wrong way to go about it.
Groups such as GPS have an obligation to be very careful about how they bring locations into the public domain and tag them as 'haunted locations'. From what I've seen GPS and it's admins have done some excellent work
and not made the same mistakes of other Investigative Teams.

Occam's (overly critical) Monkey
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Occam's Monkey wrote:
Hang on a second here. Can we just put our brains into gear Shocked

Isn't this creating something that might not be there?. Just because a site or building is 'old' it doesn't mean it's haunted.
This is planting the seeds of expectancy bias and sending out the wrong signals to anyone or any group that respects this forums opinions.

If I posted about every old castle, peel tower or church I came across and suggested those locations were infested with ghosts I'd very quickly
overwhelm this forum with locations. Let's be realistic and NOT get carried away without at least doing some research.

Occam's Monkey

im NOT saying that it is haunted, all im saying is that they have some very old properties and it MAY usefull getting in contact with them,

im NOT STUPID!, research is prime to ghost hunting, im just looking at more avenues to explore

Kevin
Back to top Go down

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm

OM

It seems to me that you are always so quick to jump in and have to add your comments on peoples post.To be rather honest with you and i know i shouldn't really put it on here. But it is really starting to bug me now. So BARRI and IAN and other users I apologise in advance.

You are entitled to your opinions.But if i seem to remember correctly you stated that you have numerous years allegedly of investigation experience etc.

So why don't we read some of your post regarding possible locations and Investigation HINTS.You may note from the team page we have dedicated researchers/Investigators who do an awesome job on here.
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:20 pm

steve wrote:
OM

It seems to me that you are always so quick to jump in and have to add your comments on peoples post.To be rather honest with you and i know i shouldn't really put it on here. But it is really starting to bug me now. So BARRI and IAN and other users I apologise in advance.

You are entitled to your opinions.But if i seem to remember correctly you stated that you have numerous years allegedly of investigation experience etc.

So why don't we read some of your post regarding possible locations and Investigation HINTS.You may note from the team page we have dedicated researchers/Investigators who do an awesome job on here.

Hi Steve,

I've been very careful in terms of the posts I've commented on so your first 'quick to jump in' comment isn't really correct otherwise I'd have 'jumped in' on everyones post. If a members opinion bugs you then you're quite right to say so but saying that 'it really is starting to bug me now' isn't
the right way to voice your opinion as it smacks of unprofessionalism and doesn't really reflect well on you as a 'Lead Investigator' or indeed as any kind of investigator since you're letting your emotions cloud your rational judgement. You are obviously uncomfortable with your comments
since you've had the good manners to apologise to Barri and Ian in advance.

I am indeed entitled to my opinions and so are you but I'm not the one saying that your comments are starting to 'bug me' am I ?.

You do remember correctly Steve. I do have a number of years experience in investigations of the type that GPS is involved in. I'm a relatively new member on this forum and certainly in due course I will be posting (when the opportunity arises) about
my investigations and experiences. If you want HINTS I'll give you HINTS but you may take my HINTS the wrong way and think I'm trying to tell you as a LEAD INVESTIGATOR how to do lead investigating. I'm sure you know how to investigate Steve, as do Barri and Ian but I don't see them
being unecessarily critical of new members or saying that they're being 'bugged' by members posts. Lastly I don't doubt that GPS do admirable work in the field. I've said as much but perhaps not in my posts that have 'bugged you' Steve. I don't have to justify my experience to you mate nor
do you have to justify yours to me - but you're the one who seems to have an issue. Get over it.

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Kevin, research is paramount to getting answers when it comes to ghosts and hauntings. I agree with you 100% on that.

Occam's Monkey
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator
arwen

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-01-16

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Whoa!!!

I think you might have got each other wrong somewhere on the way.

IMO it is necessary to be always on the lookout for possible new locations... this is why Kev opened this thread... the word is "possible"....

There are so may known haunted locations in the UK. Most of them are kind of "grazed off" by countless teams, most of the times to no proper avail. One of our aims is to find the hidden and unknown gems. Preferably untouched and unspoiled by other teams.

These churches could be some of those gems, you never know. Our team will do some research and we'll see what we come up with.

Off Topic: please stop arguing about knowledge, competences etc. GPS's Lead Investigators are competent, they all know their stuff... every single one of them has their own unique style, but in the end they all work the same way to make ends meet and achieve GPS's high standards.

So just stop snapping at each other... in the end we are all just looking for the same answers, team members or forum users. Ripping each other apart is definitely not one of them.
This forum is created for knowledge exchange nothing else.

Hella
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/
Occam's Monkey
Apparition
Apparition
Occam's Monkey

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks Arwen,

Fair points, well put. Apologies to Steve if anything I posted was taken the wrong way. I'm sure we're all interested in this subject to get answers.

Occam's Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

interesting find Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting find   interesting find Empty

Back to top Go down

interesting find
Page 1 of 1