Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Training scheme

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Training scheme   Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi guys

Barri and myself are working on a scheme for our trainees, which will help and aid our trainees to move up to the rank of investigator it will involve theory, field work, practical and theory tests touching on the different aspects of ghosthunting, equipment and debunking, more details will be released when it nears completion.

regards
ian

Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Back to top Go down
http://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves -I think it's a very positive move.

Cheers :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi

This sounds like a brill idea, looking forward to the scheme.

Sheena x x
Back to top Go down
Extralien
Investigator

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:54 pm

good idea..

This can only benefit the entire team eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 am

As Ian stated, this will be an EXAM lol....The test will be carried out at a location of our choice and contain a written test to cover the theory, a practical test, and then a report writing exercise. We are in the process of developing the test and securing a location, but estimate that this will be in early March.

Start brushing up on all things paranormal and watch this space!

There will be minor costs involved in this as any grading, or exam situation. The cost of a suitable location, and certain other expenses need to be met. More information on this will be sent out by email nearer the time.

I hope as many of you as possible feel ready to take the test. Trainees will be aiming for Investigator status and Investigators will aim to become Senior Investigators.

Upon passing these exams, you will be presented with a certificate, and other things to recognise your achievement.

Good luck and feel free to ask us any questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Guys

That is a great idea.Welcome to paranormal school.This is a great incentive to.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 pm

hey u might aswell put me back down to trainnee then lol. i cant do writen reports and all writen things go out the window with me. sorry

Matt
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:39 pm

LOl Matt,

I am sure, we will find a way around that for you! No worries.

"Dark the other side is!" ... "Oh, shut up, Yoda, and eat you toast!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Cool Bring it on I've started writing myself a study guide, researching and pulling together ideas, facts, theories related to paranormal investigation.

I love being part of an investigation and reckon I'll be doing for many years to come

neut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:45 pm

It might be an idea for you all to share any research, knowledge, or facts etc. with each-other. This is a team and although the tests will be designed for you individually you should help each-other as much as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 pm

did I leave that bit off lol, I was going to add that once I've completed my guide I'd be more than happy to share it with whoever wants it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Baz/Ian

Maybe you can setup a mock exam.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:22 pm

mock exam iv not long been out of school i dont wana do more mock exams haha. i left school to get out of exams lol
but good idea to make sure people know there stuff but what about a actuly hands on training for the exam.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Matt

It takes us more mature students abit longer to study the theory part.

I believe it is the saying the older brain takes longer to learn stuff.

Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:17 pm

ugly Hark! Hark, Steve!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:25 pm

I agree with Matt -I'm going to learn a lot more, much quicker if I'm actually "trained by someone" and I think it's important to remember that different people learn in different ways. As much as I'm all for a training scheme, I'm afraid I'm in no position financially to start paying for exams and locations to do them in.

Tx
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:41 pm

I think, you misunderstood something there.

The exams won't cost you anything... the only thing that MIGHT involve costs is the location... we have to find an appropriate location first (a place where we can be sure to get usable results)... just think about the Falstaff... we all had to pay some money to investigate it. On top of that will be the expenses for your petrol, food or whatever else you need. Usual stuff really. None of us expects you to pay a pence more than absolutely necessary.

But the exams themselves will be free of charge. It is in the interest of the whole team, that we know who knows what, so we can develop a better training system. This way GPS will only get better, can expand with good investigators and maybe we will have a team in every county of England some day.... which will involve all of you as well.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:09 pm

From Barris Post:

"There will be minor costs involved in this as any grading, or exam situation. The cost of a suitable location, and certain other expenses need to be met. More information on this will be sent out by email nearer the time".

To me this reads as minor costs as like those associated with exams ie. fees. Obviously I understand about the location fees and petrol/food as per usual. The email that will be sent out clarifying all of these points will be very helpful and I look forward to receiving that.
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 am

Yes, true... but as Barri writes "minor", I am sure, that he will keep the costs as low as possible to cover the expenses.

So let's wait and see.

I, for my part, will start refreshing my knowledge from now on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 am

Hi, I spoke with Barri yesterday and asked me to post this. As I'm putting together a study guide I was wandering if those that have specific roles within the team could write a page or two on there area of expertise I think it could make for a really good guide and give us a good set of guidelines to work to. so for example I will add to the guide on how sound is created, room acoustics, how to anaylise and do a basic filter in audacity, and maybe something on VSP and whatever elese I can think of (how non specific is that lol) but I hope you get the idea.

I've already started the guide putting together the characteristics of various ghosts and spirits and will just keep adding so your input will be a HUGE help.

Ideally I would love to have the guide done for just after Christmas so no pressure lol.

Anyway thanks in advance and I look forward to your support

neut
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator

Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Guys

After reading the past posts in this section, i think that you guys are worrying to much about certain things , the costs: we will try and keep the costs to a minimum that means you are not paying for the exam itself but maybe something will have to be contributed to the location as we have done in the past with a couple of locations, that depends on the location but we will try and get free locations.

People worried about writing something , there will only be the need to write 1 or 2 paragraphs it will not be published on the site or anything these exams will only be marked by barri and myself and might well contain multiple choice questions as well so you are not rewriting your G.C.S.E's.

After barri's computer crash he lost the handbook that he was writing , thanks to another member of the team who also had a copy of this handbook we are able to carry on where we left off writing it, so we are hoping that it will be finished soon and all team members will recieve a copy of that to read .

But generally the exam will be involving things like setting up the equipment and HUB in an allocated time and knowing what the equipment does , conducting an investigation according to saftey protocols , debunking skills EVP work and using common sense, that would more or less be the practical side of things, the theory side of things would more or less consist of a combination of multiple choice and written about certain types of hauntings, equipment questions and what to do in certain situation questions , which will consist of things that have been taught or carried out on the prior investigations.

I hope that this has spread a little light on to the subject .

regards
ian

Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Back to top Go down
http://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi Guys

I have to say that I think the exam and training is a great idea, it's a relief that it's not going to be like my gcse's as they were awful. Although if there had of been a paranormal gcse I would have taken it.

Sheena
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi team
reading the posts on this Idea for a training scheme i can see both side of the track on this issue....Most of the training has been done on..may i say this on the job.. there are something we have to learn as investgators...in the field....if ive read the posts right we are to put both of theses thing together...cant be a bad thing...i for one do not know as much as i would like to there are parts of the paranormal that i still dont understand and the need to no more has always pushes me to know and understand more...sadly cost with have to come into it at some point.....If we manage to get the training scheme right it will help if sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training scheme   

Back to top Go down

Training scheme
Page 1 of 1