Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

fairmile asylum

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:07 pm

I've also been in touch with the owners, explaining what we do, why we do it and that we are fully insured and that they will not held liable and the investigation could be conducted however they wish.

There reply was

Quote :
Dear Mr Smith,

Further to the email you have sent through to my colleague Tim Abbott, I'm sorry to advise you that HCA do not allow access to these sites due the varied and numerous risks which the pose.

If you wish to discuss further please give me a call.

Kind regards

Howard Bassant
Regional Estates Manager
Homes & Communities Agency

I'm not sure where to go from here, they recently let the press inside for a news story about development and it will not be until work starts.

We could try bypassing them and speak to the security team to let us in for the night with a bribe there way.

I have been in the Asylum many times and know it would be a fantastic investigation.

Maybe Barri or Ian could give it ago if I pass you the contact info.

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi Matt

The health risk is going to be down to the asbestos in the property as previously mentioned.However I dont think that being exposed to the asbestos with dust masks will help.I dont think that Barri or Ian will like a compensation claim through asbestos exposure from the locsation in a few years time. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Aspestos shouldn't be an big issue, it only shut in 2004. People like most haunted and taps do asylums that have been shut longer. As long as you don't disturb it you'll be fine. Fair Mile is in pretty good shape. Even on the news they wasn't wondering around in masks.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Ian
Administrator, Founder & Lead Investigator

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Matt

Well that sounds great , i think that we should follow this up , i will discuss it with Barri and see what he thinks about it , and then we can take action and follow it up .

Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Back to top Go down
http://visionsinvestigation.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm

It is a great place to investigate how due to the risk of hazards and particularly asbestos.I will decline on this one.

Back to top Go down
Ian

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 pm

That did also go through my mind steve , and i must day that i am thinking twice as well , my father died of an asbestos related illness so it may not be such a good idea .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks Ian

I would recommend that alot of consideration go into this.

Steve

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm with steve on this one as I have said before I too would decline this location. Take it from me, your health is a far more important in this life. Do you really want to put yourselves under so much risk just for one night? Really guys, it's just not worth it. No

Toni x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 pm

In my opinion the Fort was far more of a hazard, the hospital is pretty clean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Matt

I think I will let Ian and Barri decide on this.After all they have the final say.Just because you cannot see the particles of asbestos floating towards you doesn't mean they don't exisist.

It just takes a brief exposure to the particles.

Sorry MATT it is just the way I am regarding unseen hazards and I wouldn't be exposing myself and Debs who is Asthmatic to the location.

Ian and Toni have also posted there comments and I am with to also stand by them.

I cannot see that anyone who wants to goto the Location to investigate it will be signing disclaimers in the event of ill health some time later due to exposure to asbestos.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Fair enough but think people are worrying over nothing, most old building have asbestos. They wasn't concerned about the BBC and ITV going inside with the developers. They even still hold meetings in the main hall. Like I said only shut in 2004, so it's pretty modernised inside. The warneford asylum in oxford is just as old and still open. Ayslums are investigated all the time and something that needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Ian

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi All
I think that we will leave this one , due to the health risk and the fact that the owner has said on a couple of occassions that he won't grant us permission to enter the property i think that we should leave it , there are plenty of other places that we can investigate in the future.

That should now be the end of the matter as far as possible location for an investigation , it's still a fantastic location and would interest me in everyway , but i watched my father die through asbestos and i wouldn't want anyone in the group to be exposed to anything like that .

So lets look for something else .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Well said Ian, Clearly some of us have more to lose than others.

Toni
Back to top Go down
Debz316
Investigator

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:59 pm

hi all
yes ian i agree also
sorry matt i can see your point as in what u said but i myself dont wanna take a chance as im asmatic also Sad
it wud of been fab idea ive heard things about the place ages ago and it does sounds active
but wiv things ive been told it down sides to it im not taking any chances
sorry but im wiv ian on this
debz

Back to top Go down
http://www.sds-investigators.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Very disappointed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Erm just to say that u will be fine if we were removing it and then it will kick up the dust if it's in the roof and not touched then it's fine. And tbh I deal with so many chemicals I think that will do more damage than than asbestos personally o don't see a problem. But hay

Matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:15 pm

problem is though Matt, its not just the roof that contains asbestos its in the walls as well, especially in those old institutions. just looking at pictures taken of the place you can see that vandals have got in and started wrecking the place. My mind was made up ages ago on this place. I certainly would not sign a disclaimer against this.

Now if they were to come back to us and tell us the place is in the clear with regards to asbestos then I and I'm sure the rest of you will be well up for it.

I'm with you on this one too Ian

John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:26 pm

party Would love to go on a spooky night vigil at an old haunted place....Any offers??????
Back to top Go down
arwen
Lead Investigator

Number of posts : 1096

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, in a case of asbestos, I am out! Ian and I have seen his father die in a terrible way, caused by asbestos. He was working with it in the 50's/60's.

The owners wouldn't give their ok in anyway, and they are damn right to do so. Never mind how great the location would be.

I've looked something up for you, Matt. Maybe you would like to read it: Asbetosis

Even if it was only for one night... to me a big NO-NO!

Ian's father died the hard way. He was only 65. He never saw his youngest grand-daughter and she will never experience his wonderful sense of humor.
Life is too precious.

"Dark the other side is!" ... "Oh, shut up, Yoda, and eat you toast!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghostfinder.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 pm

im not being funny but my uncle died when he was 48 in a crash in a car the hard way but does that stop me or anyone else getting in a car. and by that logic we shouldnt do bodmin jail cuz of slippery steps or hell fire caves cuz we could hit our head on the ceiling (we should be using hard hats) the list is endless. sorry but thats my opinion. and working with led can cause moto nerone. the chemicals i use everyday (its got better) but they can cause cancer as many printers in the past has died because of the chemicals. carpentry, stone mason and sprayers can have the life shorteren due to dust and led. people wont go to somewhere for 1 night to investigate but yet people will smoke for a 20 years of their life hmmmm. so does it realy matter 1 night even tho people are killing them selfs slower by smoking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Mattwatkins wrote:
im not being funny but my uncle died when he was 48 in a crash in a car the hard way but does that stop me or anyone else getting in a car. and by that logic we shouldnt do bodmin jail cuz of slippery steps or hell fire caves cuz we could hit our head on the ceiling (we should be using hard hats) the list is endless. sorry but thats my opinion. and working with led can cause moto nerone. the chemicals i use everyday (its got better) but they can cause cancer as many printers in the past has died because of the chemicals. carpentry, stone mason and sprayers can have the life shorteren due to dust and led. people wont go to somewhere for 1 night to investigate but yet people will smoke for a 20 years of their life hmmmm. so does it realy matter 1 night even tho people are killing them selfs slower by smoking.

Couldn't agree more Matt, people that die from
Aspesbos is people who have worked and handled it over a period of time. Smoking and second hand smoke is a far bigger killer but no one seems to care about that.

I have visited most the asylums in the UK and this is one if the cleanest so if it's no to this that means the rest is out of the question.

Maybe me and you Matt should do it alone.
Back to top Go down
Robb
Technical Manager & Investigator

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 am

I would certainly go, unless the place is in the process of being demolished during investigation. Just need to be a little careful.

From GPS point of view however I can understand it's a no go. IF something did happen, like a ceiling fell through and everyone inhaled dusty air, then that's an unimaginable burden to bare for Ian and Barri! GPS would be pretty much finished with, especially if it was confirmed that people actually inhaled the stuff.

But I personally wouldn't have a problem investigating the place!
Back to top Go down
http://www.robbleech.com
Ian

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 am

Hi All

Matt i think that you forgot the drinkers as well and the dangers of alcohol , so dont just point the fingers at smokers , if you would like to discuss this further then hyou are quite welcome to ring me .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Guys????? I appreciate you must be a close team and have your own way of working. But would it be possible to join you on an occassion to see what is involved in your work? Question
Back to top Go down
Ian

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi

Yes we are a close team , most of the cases that we have at the moment are private cases and we dont allow non team members to attend private investigations , we have stopped doing other kinds of events at the moment due to the fact that we are so busy in other areas, we also like to get to know people before we let them come to an investigation , so it would be good for you to get active on the forum so that we can get to know you better , when we do have a location or investigation that is not a private one then we can talk about furture things , i hope that this answer will help you further .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fairmile asylum   

Back to top Go down

fairmile asylum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2